Jose Pekerman - DT de Colombia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by minus, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Vargas was starter in cali 2017 i and he was called up for those matches , then he became sub in nacional.

Cuadrado and castellanos were the goalies in the last two matches because vargas wasnt playing. So they proved new people and you want to pretended that no happened.

Now he is starter in cali is probably that he came back

Pekerman have done that actually. and isnt in twitter-...you should use some sources at least a time and no talk without knowledge like always.

The players that perfomed finally stay n the team when thewy were proved:

Davinson, Mina, Marlos, Peres, uribe for example.

For copa america 2016 he called a lot of new players to train with them of colombian league and u-23.

Arqueros: Cristian Bonilla (Atlético Nacional, COL), David Ospina (Arsenal, ENG), Camilo Vargas (Argentinos Juniors, ARG), Róbinson Zapata (Santa Fe, COL)

Defensas: Felipe Aguilar (Atlético Nacional, COL), Eder Alvarez (River Plate, ARG), Santiago Arias (PSV, NED), Cristian Borja (Santa Fe, COL), Farid Díaz (Atlético Nacional, COL), Frank Fabra (Boca Juniors, ARG), Deiver Machado (Millonarios, COL), Stefan Medina (Pachuca, MEX), Yerry Mina (Santa Fe, COL), Jeison Murillo (Inter Milan, ITA), Oscar Murillo (Pachuca, MEX), Helibelton Palacios (Deportivo Cali, COL), William Tesillo (Santa Fe, COL), Cristian Zapata (AC Milan, ITA)

Mediocampistas: Wílmar Barrios (Deportes Tolima, COL), Nicolás Benedetti (Deportivo Cali, COL), Edwin Cardona (Monterrey, MEX), Guillermo Celis (Junior, COL), Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (Juventus, ITA), Gustavo Cuéllar (Flamengo, BRA), Cristian Higuita (Orlando City SC, USA), Vladimir Hernández (Junior, COL), Sebastián Pérez (Atlético Nacional, COL), Andrés Felipe Roa (Deportivo Cali, COL), James Rodríguez (Real Madrid, ESP), Carlos Sánchez (Aston Villa, ENG), Daniel Torres (Independiente Medellín, COL)

Delanteros: Carlos Bacca (AC Milan, ITA), Roger Martínez (Racing Club, ARG), Marlos Moreno (Atlético Nacional, COL), Dayro Moreno (Club Tijuana, MEX), Luis Fernando Muriel (Sampdoria, ITA), Felipe Pardo (Olympiacos, GRE), Harold Preciado (Deportivo Cali, COL), Luis Quiñones (Pumas UNAM, MEX), Adrián Ramos (Borussia Dortmund, GER)

Then for the abolsute list davinson and marlos were called.

Partido enero de 2017 contra brasil: the same

Arqueros:

- David González - Independiente Medellín

- Camilo Vargas - Deportivo Cali

Defensas:

- Farid Díaz - Atlético Nacional

- Felipe Aguilar - Atlético Nacional

- Daniel Bocanegra - Atlético Nacional

- William Tesillo - Independiente Santa Fe

- Leyvin Balanta - Independiente Santa Fe

- Juan Sebastián Quintero - Deportivo Cali

Volantes:

- Andrés Mateus Uribe - Atlético Nacional

- Macnelly Torres - Atlético Nacional

- Santiago Montoya - Deportes Tolima

- Luis Manuel Orejuela - Deportivo Cali

- Abel Aguilar - Deportivo Cali

Delanteros:

- Miguel Borja - Atlético Nacional

- Harold Preciado - Deportivo Cali

- Andrés Felipe Ibargüen - Atlético Naciona

sidspaceman repped this.
  2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are not an idiot you just use some facts that fits your agenda and ignore everything else.
    You make wild generalizations that altought it might have some truth to it, is flat out stupid because you either ignore context or lack information.
    Long story short, you are not an idiot you have the logic of a trump supporter

sidspaceman, dapip, Baal88 and 1 other person repped this.
  3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You do realize that could be said about anything or anyone. Your "grand" argument your main point is one of the basic rules in life.

Anything, absolutely anything could be improved.

And that's why you are an idiot

ryu79, BlueDamian, sidspaceman and 2 others repped this.
  4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1929 pepinointer, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    You are not an idiot you just use some facts that fits your agenda and ignore everything else.

Honestly all forum is tired of this, why always fake news?? why always insult people??? try to say the thruth

Facts agsint your fake news:

1. Vargas wasnt called in the last friendlies . Were cuadrado and castellanos

2. Vargas haven been sub for two years, he wasnt in cali (good torunament in 2017) and in argentina he played

3. with these players leonel alvarez were struggling to qualify use.......stupid preferences like excluding falcao, use dorlan as main man......he used a man called diego chara form mls to be ahead of sanchez in his best form. and a guy called GUSTAVO BOLIVAR as starter in wcq.....the players that pekerman have called beign in the colombian league they are now in boca juniors, barcelona and tottenham.......................That is good selection, lionel and bolillo called players that the rest of their career were shit.

4. Bolillo excluding james.

5. Pinto exclufing falcao.

6. Yeah Players have merits.....but the problem is that for the previous coaches dayro, rodallega and dorlan were the same as falcao, and desre the same oporrtunities..........ramos and gio deserved the same portunities as james.

7. Pekerman discovered and established the starter players......the only starer before him was yepes that was discovered by chiqui garcia..............For Bolillo dayro and rodallega had the same quality as falcao...so if falcao didnt scored in a half time rodallega should play in his place. Cuadrado wasnt enough quyality to starter even before james was called...........

You seems like was so obvious that the previous coaches were using our best players.

sidspaceman and elviejomen repped this.
  5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't see any chance that Pekerman will stay in the job even if we'll win the cup. And I say, would it be that bad to give Nestor Lorenzo a shot, despite lack of experience as a head coach? I mean, he worked 6 years with Pekerman and I believe that he would like to continue his successful way. The players already know him very well and vise versa. So why not give it a shot?

Baal88 repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The way I see it, I was very happy to see Pekerman come back for this 2018 cycle. I was not really expecting it so it was like a surprise birthday gift.

I am going to be pessimistic and have low expectations again and say we are probably going to get someone nobody likes or nobody wants to see as manager.

This way if something good happens I will be very happy and pleasantly surprised again.
    :eek::D

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is 68.....

So a new coach is needed. After what he has done and proven the lazy federation will not be allowed to just promote the U20 coaches or the current coach of the league champions the coach

Néstor Lorenzo should not be the coach. Wouldn’t have been against it if he had at least Been coaching our U20 as a head coach and did well while also being the assistant coach to the Senior team but we all know our fed liked wasting 6 years with Picis.

Also kind of insulting you guys are so against Rueda and Osorio but so eager to give this dude 0 experience a shot.

Dream of Argentina firing Sampoli after they get dropped from the 1st round haha and he makes us World Cup champs :). Imagine us playing like Chile but with Better center backs who are at least tall haha.

Or Brazil’s current coach think his name is Tite

Worries is we are going to go for othe former Argie NT coaches like Tata Martino or Bielsa.

Another likely canidate is Peru’s coach. Tho I think our coach after the WC is Pekerman, Peru’s coach(feel they will be this cycles Costa Rica) or Osorio(if he has a good WC)

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1934 HomietheClown, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    I really do believe Gareca can build upon what Pekerman built here. Maybe even have him close by as an adviser.

But I am still going to expect the worst. Bolillo or Pinto.

villus and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha if Panama makes it to the final 8 maybe haha. No in but in all honesty I don’t think Colombians will put up with that shit any more.

Maturana and Bolillo took us as far as they could. Rueda wasn’t given a fair shot. Then a bunch of crap coaches after that til Pekerman

I hope that the next coach will be a bit more involved with our youth teams because they have all been bad since 2011 which was James team I think.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You will absolutely love Osorio.
    He will call up many different players from Colombia and foreign leagues and tinker with the lineup every single game. He will even try players at different positions.

And best of all for you is that he does not have a true #10 in his system. He emphasizes a more direct style with crosses from the wings.
    So guys like to rag on like GioMo, MacNelly, Quinterito would probably not be called up.

Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osorio Loved macnelly

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    True.
    But in the recent interviews and podcasts I have heard about how he wants his National team to play I think Mac and that type of player would be the odd man out.

He specifically criticized the # 10 style that Colombia likes to play.

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Huh?!? Who is against them? Rueda won't come since he is the coach of Chile in case you missed and so far Osorio is the coach of Mexico. Plus, with Lorenzo you can make sure that he will continue the line of Pekerman, at least in some parts, unlike other coach who will need to adjust the players.

You absolutely have no right case why not to appoint Lorenzo.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Please no Osorio he confuses his players and switches systems, formations and players every other game. It doesn't work at international level, you have so little time with the players and they get so little time to play and train together that you really need to find a core of players and a system that the players can be confident in. Adjusting is fine, but he does way too drastic changes and that leads to a lack of confidence and cohesion in his teams, Mexico have been completely all over the place and haven't developed a set style of play at all. Also they rely way too much on long balls and crosses and don't really have players that are great in the air which seems pretty stupid.

15. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't argue with the kid....

Just don't ....

[​IMG]

"Lorenzo "0" experience " that's all we need to read to know is a huge waste of time to try to articulate how wrong he is.

Doogs, pibe10 and Baal88 repped this.
  16. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I do hope we get Gareca after the World cup though. But if Lorenzo wants the job, I think he deserves the opportunity

Azucarero, pibe10 and Baal88 repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pinto or Lara, that is clear ............that we want to back to the times that the players should be string and fast..........over goood players....

elviejomen repped this.
  18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Pinto and Bolillo continúe to lack any type of maturity and class. The things that come out of Bolillo's mouth to this day are ridiculous considering his experience. Pinto has no professionalism either. Keep them far far away. Both idiots were just awful constantly fighting and arguing in every match during qualifiers.

19. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Gareca would be a great choice. Osorio's Mexico is getting owned by a complete Croatia B team in Dallas, he started with a back 3 it didn't work and switched half way through the first half to a back 4 and all the players look lost in their formation and tactics. He gets away with it because Mexico play in Concacaf and United States was a bigger joke this cycle, in South America he'll screw us.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They lost by a Pk.... we tied Australia who used a 3rd string goalie......

Croatia B > Australia

Fine you guys hate Osorio but let’s not forget we got totally owned by South Korea and you guys still think Pekerman is a Christ like figure

21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You do understand this was a friendly and that lineup had not played together? You did see the game and realize that the main issue was Borja's inability to put one in?

No, you don't.

elviejomen and Baal88 repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osorio have been eliminated in tournaments by jamaica.

He have receved 7 goals in a match.

he have been much bad that colombia im official matches.

dont see him winning france in paris.

If you dont respect pekerman, why you respect that fiasco. i know you love to bitch to bitch.

dapip repped this.
  23. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Look at Sampoali...a lot of idiots want him to coach Colombia next. He lost 6-1 against Spain which we tied and went winning for most of the match.

Osorio lost to Chile 7-0.

Scolari lost to Brazil 7-1.

What was the most goals ever scored against Pekermans side? 3?

And you guys continue to criticize him. Lol you have no friggin clue.

He's given us historic wins against Brazil and France. The best run in a World Cup in history after losing our most important player. Go look at how Brazil did without Neymar and Uruguay without Suarez. Hes given us probably the best result in a world cup qualifier ever, qualified us for two world cups in a row with a team that was in decline. Led us to comebacks. Colombia has never comeback in a match before him.

Doogs, krass and dapip repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In Sampaoli's defense, at least his defeat was in a friendly and he was without several of his best players (Messi, DiMaria, Aguero)... Still a horrible defeat but since he was experimenting, I can see why that could happen...

The other two.. In tournament semifinals... ugh... That really is messed up..

pepinointer repped this.