Jose Pekerman - DT de Colombia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by minus, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ricardo Ferreti is the coach of tigres he have been coaching in mexico since 1990...have won like 10 leagues over there with diferent teams.

There are another guys with euro experience...like luxemburgo

kromekote repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is there a up and coming Brazilian coach or a top coach in their league? They really would be idiots to let their current coach leave at the end of this cycle.

So maybe we can get one that wants to hone his skills in a top NT so his name can be on the list when they need a new Coach in 5 years.

Just Fk no to Luxembourgo or Dunga!!!

Scolari is too old and didn’t he have Ronaldo, Dinho and Andriano(when he was emperor of Italy) and still didn’t do much

I know the Peru coach is getting mad love because his limited roster but we should also mention winning the league with Bayern, Chelsea, Barca is something a 7 year old can do. Same with winning with Brazil or Argentina

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Martino failed to win the league. Conte is out of contention. Bayern I give you.

Before Tite Brasil was struggling really bad (not to mention the wopping in 2014), and Argentina only played a few decent games during the qualifiers, and lost three finals in 4 years. Yeah, coaching is so easy...

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    WC qualifiers start what is the chance for Argentina or Brazil to qualify? With a 9 year old coaching? 80-90% higher then Mexico and US who has confederations built for them

Start of the season what is the chance for Barca/Real to be champions? 90-95% you know Atletico, Villarreal, Sevilla can put up a fight but by the end of the December all their players will be bought out

Italy what’s the chance of Inter, Juve, AC Milan not being the champion at the end of the season?

Or England not being Man City/United or Chelsea? Before Pepe screams Licieter City what’s the chance of it happening again?

Fk what’s the chance of Arsenal or Liverpool winning?

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually you have the reading comprehension of a 9 year old. US did not qualify this time. Argentina and Brasil advanced but changing coaches was a big part of why they did it, and Brazil has dominated since Tite took over, with pretty much the same roster Dunga struggled.

Again, many big name coaches have failed with either team, including Benitez, Mourihno, Martino and now Zidane. While it is not uncommon for Barcelona or Real to buy players from their competitors, it seldom happens in the winter market and Atletico and now Valencia have put up good fights for the League.

Pretty low, but for example, AC Milan sucks this year, mostly because their coach selection.

Do you credit Ranieri for their role in winning the EPL? Or was it the players, luck or part of the Anunnaki conspiracy?

They're low. Arsenal coach sucks big time.

6. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Would Bielsa be an option for Colombia? Or would his style not be suitable for Colombia?

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1907 HomietheClown, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    I think most people here would be happy if he was on the list of candidates.
    I just don't know if he would want to come manage Colombia. There really has been no connection to Colombia or credible rumors linking him as an option at all.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In the past he was so close...

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So close? How close was he? Was it Argentine media that said he was close? Colombian? I have no idea..

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vice president pacho santos conviced him..........bedoya rejected to pay whay he wanted.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, if it was just a monetary issue and if El Loco does not have a long, memory and does not keep grudges then maybe it can happen. Just need to offer him more than his last job. But once again until I see some sort of link or rumor it seems like a pipe dream right now.

12. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont want el loco, but I can totally see him replacing Pekerman

dapip and crzdcolombian repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He hasn’t been sitting the world on fire since leaving Chile and he has a Pinto like personality......

He can get us to 2022 but then we will implode. I say pass get a younger coach that can coach us for a while.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ryu79, Doogs and kromekote repped this.
  15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    964933724935737344 is not a valid tweet id

dapip, elviejomen and BlueDamian repped this.
  16. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    el mejor

pepinointer and sidspaceman repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Some people want him fired immediately though.

sidspaceman, pepinointer and Baal88 repped this.
  18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For not calling Quinterito or playing 3-5-2....

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah, for not calling a 17 yo that hasn't been discovered yet.

sitruc, sidspaceman, pepinointer and 2 others repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the last critic is because he doesnr call people fro alianza or huila....abd just scout tje tradicional colombian teams

sidspaceman repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Camilo Vargas clear #2 but hasn’t been a starter for clubs since he left Santa Fe. Wasn’t he #2 when he was getting scored on 5 a game in Argentina?

22. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Czrd, you definitely have no idea about football.
    You should stop living your real life and invest better your time reeding tweets like 24/7. You know what they say if it is on twitter then it is true!

So enough sarcasm.

I think you got a point when you say Pekerman could have done more, maybe not better but more. Maybe some microciclos with GKs or with U23 players from FPC.

Pekerman made us a much better team we could have imagine but as Crzd says there is some space for improvements.

sidspaceman repped this.
  23. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Some people think the world is flat and the Holocaust is a hoax.

There are idiots everywhere
    Your point?

sidspaceman, pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So I am an idiot for saying he shouldn’t call a goalie who didn’t play for 2 years?

Our Copa America’s we played like shit. We played like shit all qualifiers and James or Cardona bailed us out.

Look I get it some if you are a lot older and just remember Maturana and Bolillo. But we could be better and be doing better is all I am saying.

I also think our players are the real reason we are where we are. You guys make it sound like we have the quality of Bolivia and qualified exclusively because of Pekermans genius.

Under Pekerman we crap our pants against historic teams. Lesser teams do not. You can say it’s becauae of a mentality issue in our players. I say it’s a bad game plan by the coach. Bayern, Juve, Inter,Ac Milan, Villarreal, Barca..... our players don’t play in 4th division Indonesia or something

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The point is I rather have Pinto.

sidspaceman, dapip, Baal88 and 2 others repped this.