Jose Pekerman - DT de Colombia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by minus, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vaya tontería. Si gracias a que no tenemos a uno que no conocia el supuesto "ADN colombiano" tenemos mas exito que en toda nuestra historia.

pepinointer repped this.
  2. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Eso me hace pensar que los periodistas nuestros hacen mucho más dano que cualquier otra cosa a nuestro fútbol.

Doogs repped this.
  3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I read somewhere yesterday that the FCF was in the process of deciding who the next manager was going to be and hoped to have it decided by August. Apparently Rueda was third choice and 1st choice was a foreigner, no names mentioned

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I said it a million times and will say it a milion times more.

Gareca is the man for the job out of the realistic possibilties.

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude he qualified because of horse shit and Chile shooting themselves in the foot. bS so big that Peru qualified being the 7th best team

Chile and Paraguay both have more actual points then them. Chile just got the meanest case of “careful what you wish for” since Simba in Lion King

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMG_2881.JPG

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is true................

But in 2017 they were the best team.......winning as visitors and at home agaisnt strong opponents.............he had a difficult homwork and he achieved it.

Im sure that he can win with colombia the 3 points in la paz that conmebol gave to peru.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We won the past 6 points against them.

I’d love for us to get a Brazilian coach or Sampoli (if he stops acting like a douche)

But then again depends on how Peru does at the WC. They have acessable group. Denmark is better then them but if they get out of group stage then he is a contender. If he doesn’t make the 2nd round I think he just got super lucky about the Chile drama.

Osorio again hardest group gets out then he must get a look at. He wins the games he is suppose to. He just needs to stop getting bitch slapped by better teams

Sampoli regardless of what he does with Argentina he should be given a shot with what he did with Chile. Argentina success/failure is down to Messi nothing the coach can do they play 10+ Messi with him
    On the field.

I hope the Brazilian coach bangs a tranny or a goat or does something to get fired so we can get him. Tho think he will go to a big Euro team once his time with Brazil is up.

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Errrr... Is this allowed moderators?

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We didn’t win the last two times in La Paz against Bolivia?

Leonel won.... didn’t Pekerman this time around?

11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Did you see the roster Gareca had? Did you see how well organized and drilled they were? Don't just look at whatever fits your narrative, Gareca did a great job and got a team to have some huge performances in big games against better sides. Were they lucky to qualify? Yes, but they also had no business getting to where they were after a terrible start to qualifying and then coming back from dead. He deserves a lot of credit, he milked the most out of a lineup that didn't have a ton of stand out talent, would love to see what he could do with Colombia that Peru team was very well organized give him Colombia and I think he could do wonders.

One tournaments results at a World Cup don't really matter that much, you can have a shit group, get unlucky etc, you have to look at the underlying performance over a large sample of games and factor in as many variables as possible.

Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are thy better then Venezuela and Bolivia?

2/10 teams are eliminated before the start

Top 3 Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay
    #4 fluctuates - Colombia for now
    5th - Paraguay(longest time), Chile(had 8 awesome teams) and Ecuador(shit but have tall, strong fast olayerds and play in high altitude.
    8. Peru - luckiest team in the history of Time only teams luckier are 3rd place direct qualifying teams in Asia or Concacaf
    9. Venezuela - getting better but still 4-8 years from being in top 5
    10. Bolivia - Have high altitude but their players are too small

So player wise Peru better then Venezuela, Bolivia.

Ecuador ? Player wise debateable but they have done very good internationally with their clubs

Peru? Do their teams get out of group stage

Paraguay - decent clubs but their players click and over preform

Chile got lucky with coaching and they had Vidal but coaching was huge part of it. Their clubs also don’t do well.

Qualifiers ended
    5. Peru with 26 more goals then Chile because they were gifted 3+ goals + 3 goals
    6. Chile -26 points
    7. Paraguay - 24

24 is still more then 23 Peru should have. Chile should have 25.

Now Ecuador with 20. They were eliminated a few games out. If Peru hadn’t gotten the points who knows if they had qualification to actually fight for

Remember Argentina was sort of ********ed too.

Qualification this time was werid but Peru was 7th place and qualified they would have potentially been 8th

I mean Argentina, Colombia and Chile being utter shit in 2017 gave them life

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Even if Peru didn't make it at the end he'd still be worth consideration since he had them really well organized and playing efficient.

Look at how they performed against some of the top teams, they went toe to toe with many of the big dogs in South America and that is difficult to do.

pepinointer repped this.
  14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    did I miss something? Isn't Gareca pretty much already locked up by the FPF for the next cycle?

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think that venezuela would be ahead of peru, paraguay and bolivia if the country situation would be better........at the beggining of the 2014 wcq they looked super

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, the contract was until 2017 december but was authomatic renewed by the means of the contract with the qualificaction to world cup to coach the team in the cup

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Conmebol qualifiers are always weird and to certain extent unpredictable.

Yes, Brasil and Argentina have always qualified but the other qualified teams change. Paraguay was a fixture in the WC and has faded; Colombia made it to 3 World Cups in a row then faded for another 3 cycles; Chile experienced glory days with Salas and Zamorano, then was at the bottom of the confederation and found a golden generation with Vidal and Alexis among others.

Uruguay had a knack for making it hard on themselves and their dominance is a recent happening; Ecuador qualified to 3 WCs. And while Bolivia, Peru and Venezuela have not been great, they can be tough to beat in the most unexpected moments.

Peru is not as deep and talented as lets say Colombia or Uruguay, but they have talent and what they have lacked the most have been discipline and effort. You could see how Gareca changed the players attitude and how they became more than the sum of their talents. Yes, luck played a part, but they also have fine games and they did not fold in critical moments like they used to.

All and all, I’m not quite sure that Gareca will be a good fit for Colombia, but you have to admire what he accomplished with Peru. I’m not quite sure that he can handle a more talented and deeper team, but there were flashes of brilliance when Peru displayed beautiful futbol and looked like they could compete with anybody.

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    got it. So after WC he's a free agent. Interesting. He'll go to a higher bidder for sure and I would assume FCF has deeper pockets.

I feel we can find a higher pedigree DT with more experience winning big games.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    maybe until december but at this moment he isnt locked for the next cycle.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think so. Realistically Gareca would be the best fit for us as he has played in Colombia and coached in Colombia and pretty much knows how things work.
    I am not sure there is a candidate that wants to take the Colombia job that has a better resume but we shall see.

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Juan Carlos Oblitas specifically went after Gareca because he had a track record of doing a lot with less resources than his rivals (specifically his time at Velez)

I think Gareca was chosen with 2022 in mind. I dont believe anyone genuinely thought 2018 was an actual possibility.

I do believe that the timing of the Copa 2016 was more important that the Bolivian points situation in getting Peru qualified. It allowed Gareca to discard what had not worked in the first 6 rounds and find the base of the team for the remaining 12 rounds. Copa 2016 was also vital for Brazil.

Peru was actually second in points made in the remaining 12 rounds (even if we dont count Bolivia points)

Post Copa 2016 points.

Brazil - 32
    Peru - 19 (22 points)
    Uruguay - 18
    Argentina - 17
    Colombia - 17
    Paraguay - 15
    Bolivia - 15 (11 points)
    Chile - 14 (16 points)
    Venezuela - 11
    Ecuador - 7

I took away the Bolivia decision to show how points were won on the pitch. Gareca truly deserves recognition for the turn around and I hope he gets signed on for the next cycle ASAP

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No I think we can. Even more so if we do well in the WC. We’ve gained a decent reputation now across the world. You can see this in many ways, the way foreigners refer to us, the way they view our players and even the local league.

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    He was a fantastic player! His pass thru Colombian clubs as DT weren't all that great but lots has changed in 13 years since his last gig meaning 'knowing how things work" is all relevant to what works at that time and what doesn't. Back in 2005 we had a small handful of exports, mostly playing in Mexico/Arg. Fast forward to today and we have can make 2 starting line ups just from our Mexican exports.

When I look at Pekerman and his resume prior to taking on Colombia it was a major step up. That's all I mean. I want us to continue on in searching on for that type of move in quality. This doesnt mean throwing money at the next 'flashy' DT. He should understand the dynamic of a Colombian player but also understand the leap in quality and professionalism our side continues to show.

Was just thinking, has a Brazilian DT ever coached Colombia --even ever considered?

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Scolari was one of the names before bekerman was elected.........Asprilla and Rincon were supporting a lot that idea

Doogs repped this.
  25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I recall Scolari being the Moruinho of NTs --he was the hottest ticket in town for a while -- what's your take on Brazilian DTs for Colombia? I don't think I even know of a Brazilian DT that's coached in Colombia? Come to think of it, with the exception of Autori for Peru back in the day I don't think many Brazilian coaches leave their country to coach elsewhere?