Jose Pekerman - DT de Colombia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by minus, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1776 pepinointer, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Ok.

I have the right to say that i disagree that the base of italy wc 2006 was milan-juve.

There were players of palermo, fiorentina, inter and roma (two as well of milan) in the starting 11. (im not offending anybody by saying this)

Im sorry but this is a forum and i wll reply when i want to a post of an other poster. . i have the right to do it and im not broken any rule.

Isnt my fault that someone fell attacked just because isnt able to argue adverse opinion and think that all his post have to be celebrated.

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and you are still incorrect. not accusing you of being offensive, just correcting your attempt at nitpicking my comment.

1. Italy had 7 games in the 2006 World Cup - check the game logs on wikipedia or whatever other source you see fit to see how many Milan players were on the field in each of those games. Most games had 3 Milan players at the same time.

Game 1: 3 (Nesta, Pirlo, Gilardino)
    Game 2: 4 (Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Gilardino)
    Game 3: 3 (Nesta, Pilro, Gattuso, Gilardino) - Nesta left after minute 17
    Game 4: 3 (Pirlo, Gattuso, Gilardino)
    Game 5: 2 (Pirlo, Gattuso)
    Game 6: 3 (Pirlo, Gattuso, Gilardino)
    Game 7: 2 (Pirlo, Gattuso)

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    People that reply posts doesnt mean : nitpicking....if someone doesnt want to celebrate your posts isnt nitpicking.

I disagree juventus-milan was the entire base.

Nesta and girlardino wasnt so relevant in the tournament.

Roma used De rossi too but the alwys starters wereTotti and perotta.

3 players of palermo were called up and used very often

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pepino, no one here is disrespecting you and Furnaccio sure is not a troll. You have your opinion and he doesn't agree. Case closed. No need to add the word trolling every two sentences. My suggestions for you two is to ignore each other. It's ok, all good. Furnaccio I belive already did this, you should too. If you decided to reply anyway, please do it respectfully. And no, Furnnacio humor himself reading one of your posts is not disrespecting you as it wasn't if you or other poster would do it to my posts. No need to take everything here so seriously.

Doogs, crzdcolombian and Furnaccio repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have like 8 posters who post a lot. No one is trolling and we all want Colombia to be World Cup champions in Russia. Not agreeing with a call up, formation or game plan by the coach really shouldn’t be causing these 3-4 page beefs.

I do remember us playing very well when we had 3 Once Caldas guys in 06 with Soto, Tessor and Viafara(he sucks so bad). And when we had the guys at Porto.

Tougher for us to have what Euros have because our league isn’t as strong and because of money. Brazil will have it because Euros beat off to Brazilian players even if they suck. They believe every next 17 year old is the next Neymar.

Furnaccio repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't understand this drama and your intervention :

I only reply the post of furnaccio because en I didn't agree with an statement. I though it wasn't prohibited

Then he said to a other poster that he laugh about my opinion and poster in a very evident try of flaming . No necessity to refer to my self.

I just said that actitudes irrespective . I was only gave my opinion . The personal posts referring to me arrived, jut because I said that milan was a base

I know that all can't think like me . But I entitled to reply to another poster and that can't be a drama or a reason of ridiculizing me saying that my post is laughable

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want a Russian girl too

8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Remember the days when Neymar was the next <insert favorite Brazilian player name here>? Time sure flies!

crzdcolombian repped this.
  9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You thought he desrespected you, of course I had to intervent and clarify this. On the other hand, please do not call troll to posters, especially ones that we all know here that they aren't. You don't agree with him? fine. Both of you entitle to express your own opinion without offending each other.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1785 pepinointer, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    He started to say that he laughs of my posts........and not refering to me , just answering homie. Ok he can ignored me . but he cant refered to me in despective with another poster. (that is flaming) im refering the facts not "who did it"

Obvioulsy the intention of this post wasnt contribute to a football topic. just ridiculize the poster that didnt celebrate his post,

11. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Watching Peru's match I think we need to bring in Gareca after the World Cup.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well......Gareca peru is qualifying due a legal issue (bolivia points).

concepts from both are very similar......i prefer rueda.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea he would have ended in 7th place without the law suit.

14. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    But Peru does not have nearly as good of a team and as many players as Colombia has.

Peru plays very well for their limited squad.

Taking a team that has not qualified in 40 years to a World Cup is no small matter. Especially considering how competitive the eliminatories were this year. I'd give him a chance.

The squad for our next world cup play off may be much more limited. Qualifying will be easier right?

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As i said without the points of the tax they would be out.....so the merit isnt only about his coaching. in normal circustances peru were below paraguy and chile.

Gareca faced 4 times Pekerman with colombia......Colombia won 2 and 2 draws. .....and in the last draw in lima.........the goal arrived after our goalie forgot the football rules.

IMHO Gareca isnt bad, but i cant see a real mprovement with him.

16. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Look at how Peru plays. Very offensively.

Pekerman never plays offensively. He's always super careful even to the detriment of our players.

Like I said Peru should never Beat Colombia. Man for man in every way they are inferior to every team in South America except Bolivia, Venezuela and maybe Ecuador.

Their national league is probably by far the worst in South America. They never get far in international tournaments. Their youth setup is a joke. They don't have the pipelines to Europe or Argentina other teams have. Their press and fans are insane.

It's probably the hardest gig in South America

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Peru isn't super offensive ....is attaching New Zealand that is weak but in the road werent able to create more than 3 options, same against Argentina , against Colombia the same

They always played with just one forward ; today was an exception ( ruiduaz Farfán)

Pekerman have been more offensive than every coach that we have had in 30 years . Yeah isn't bielsa ....but Gareca isn't more offensive

Colombia have been ofensive when face weak teams like chins or New Zealand

elviejomen and pibe10 repped this.
  18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman is not offensive.

Lol sure

Doogs repped this.
  19. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But if is a question between Gareca or Rueda, I'll take Gareca.
    Rueda got us close to qualifying, that's true. And if he had taken over earlier we might have.
    But I think that people are forgetting the tonnes of criticism that he used to get because of his style of play, his tactics, and his super super late subs.

20. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Now, don't get me wrong he could be more offensive, a lo loco Bielsa like Pepino point out.

But Pekerman has always looked for a well balanced team, but the team always had the offensive aptitude to go for the 3 points and play the game in the mid , it would be a huge lie to deny that.

21. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can think of one NT coach that was much more offensive than Pekerman: Javier Alvarez.:whistling:

pepinointer repped this.
  22. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Keep in mind that Peru started the qualifiers muy mal, apenas una victoria in the first six games. Gareca did a great job improving the team. It was also very close for us not being qualified, Cardona saved our asses with one or two last minute goals and we were lucky to get three points in Barranquilla against Bolivia with a highly questionable penalty in minute '83. Without the penalty we would be below Chile. I know Fifa ranking is not the Bible but it's worth mentioning Peru is above Colombia.

I'm not saying Pekerman is a poor coach or that Gareca is a genious. Just reminding that it isn't obvious we deserve the wc spot more than Peru or Chile for example, even if they got three points ”for free”. I think Gareca could be a good option to replace Pekerman in the future.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Peru qualified because of some BS. Paraguay because of the points law suit was kind of eliminated 6 games ago. If Peru hasn’t gotten the points maybe Paraguay would have done better who knows.

Chile, Colombia, Argentina emploded at the end and were utter shit. Almost to the point they were trolling their fan base on who could play worse.

New coach should be foriegn because he will get less shit from the fan base. Hate to keep saying it but we have been hot garbage for 3 years and 90% of you are like in José we trust. Rueda almost preformed a miracle with a team worst then Garecas Peru and many of you have negative opinion of him.

Rueda was eliminated when he tied at home against Chile. Like the 2nd to last game. Pekerman lost the 2nd to last game to Paraguay at home with a better team. Not a peep from you guys

That is why we should get a foriegn coach. Which one who knows. Love to get Brazil’s or Argentina’s coach :).

Sampaoli with us would be pretty scary. Fine he doing shitty with Argentina and would prob go back to coach a big euro team.but his pressing and 3 man back line with us could be pretty incredible.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This isn't a comparison between Colombi and Peru you lost the point

first of all is not about deserve

Cardona goal, polemic penalties ( this was penalty ) are part of the game , lawsuits aren't.

The point isnt a pekerman comparisn or compare Colombian with Peru . Is just analise the achievements of Gareca if he is a good option for Colombia

Gareca in normal circumstances would below chile and Paraguay un wcq that's the true. The lawsuit isn't his merit

Argentina was above Germany and other powerhouse thanks fifa rankings

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

No rueda was out not because the draw with chile . It was because he didn't qualified

Pekerman qualified to the World Cup

elviejomen repped this.