José Izquierdo News and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Aug 25, 2014.

1. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well Brighton needs some pace and some help in the midfield for sure.. it's gonna be a long season for izquierdo lol

2. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton take 3 points from this game.. man city have been terrible

3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know crz. He just physically doesn't have one yet. Takes a few days

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crzd don't be dumb. There is a fee agreement to get him to brighton, this is all tied to him getting a work permit and passing the medical exams. The money is not even in Club Brugge accounts yet.

pepinointer and Doogs repped this.
  5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    kromekote, Doogs, Bomb8 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He only played around 10 minutes, but Izquierdo had a positive debut. A decent shot from outside of the box and great diving tackle to stop a counter attack were his main highlights.

As I alluded to in the Col vs Ven thread, Brighton don't seem to be too in a rush to get him on the field. The guy who plays LM isn't amazing, but he fits their system well. I wouldn't be surprised if Izquierdo doesn't get start for another few weeks

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this team is going to get demoted... so he better do well to get into another decent EPL team. They couldn't beat probably one of the worst teams in the league with an extra guy for more then a half

9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    LOL Watford is not one of the worst teams in the league, they just completely dominated Bournemouth at Bournemouth which the best teams in the EPL had trouble doing. Marco Silva is a really good coach, took Hull from trash to beating Liverpool and Man City. Brighton are going to have a hard time staying up but hopefully they can gel and get some momentum.

ColombiaPAPA!, dapip and Azucarero repped this.
  10. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol @ watford being a bad team

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    classic crzd

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    finished 17/20 last season of the EPL...... sorry didn't realize they became Real Madrid in the past 2 games. I also rate the EPL insanely insanely low. Spain >>>>>>>>>> Germany >>>>>>Italy>France>EPL(all it has is money)

EPL is the Mexican league of Europe

Now I know some one you circle jerk to making it sound like my thoughts are crazy but ..... even tho its an away game the other team being down to 10 men since the 24th minute against the team that almost got demoted last season. Is a FKING Pinto Move !!!

danielfrancog repped this.
  13. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Liverpool (last season 4th) just beat Hoffenheim (last season 4th) easily in UCL so using your logic the EPL is much better than Bundesliga. The EPL is not a bad league. If you discount Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich, Spain and Germany are no better. The EPL might not be as good as you would conclude from it's popularity but it's still a good league.

That being said I think Izquierdo is going to have a tough season as Brighton hasn't been very impressive. I saw his debut and I know it was only ten minutes but still, he looked confident.

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Sure the EPL is overhyped, but putting France ahead of the EPL is a joke. Other then developing and giving young players a chance there is no real metric over the last few years that you can say the French league overall is better. EPL does benefit massively from money and buying players, but that is a huge part of a league, its a competitive advantage and many other leagues do more with less 100% and develop coaches and players waaaay better, but still the EPL is a competitive league and middle rung teams are very good as well as at the top this year.

dapip repped this.
  15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is as ignorant statement as one can get.

If only there was a way to rank leagues based on their performances..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Country_coefficient

1 Spain 90.284
    2 Germany 63.427
    3 England 63.176
    4 Italy 61.916
    5 France 47.081

Now, I don't think this ranking is definitive and I think that the dominance of Spanish clubs in the last decade has been almost absolute but that does not necessarily make the whole Liga so much better than EPL or Bundesliga as the points seem to indicate. Italy is bouncing back and could challenge Germany and England for second spot overall in a couple of years.

France? It is a lot weaker than the other four and the power is way more concentrated at the top. Probably this year PSG can make a run to the UCL final but while Monaco will probably have a decent tournament too, who else is there to represent the Gaules?

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Italy is so close to england......

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The only thing France has going for it right now is Monaco and PSG.

Those teams have proven to me the last couple years that they are better than anyone in the Premiere League.

But from top to bottom England is better, deeper, and richer.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Italy is def better then England. Feel it's Colombia v Mexico league. If France sucks so much why are all the EPL teams so horny to get any French kid who plays 3 games in a row.

Fine maybe France isn't as good as England but the other 3 def are. England is all hype and tall fast headless chickens

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im referring to the ranking exactly....

over france Transaltion to south america: If Colombia sucks so much why are all the Brazilian and Argentinian teams so horny to get any colombian kid who plays 3 games in a row...

and our league isnt good.

dapip repped this.
  20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's no EPL Teams. That is Wegener. And Developing Talent != Being a good league.

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Italy at the top end last year were very good. Juve/Roma/Napoli/lazio even Atalanta were very good teams, the league is coming back and they have some great coaches. AC Milan back and this year could be a big year for Italian league depth if Inter can get it together as well. England though have now started bringing in talented proven coaches who don't play the old trash England style, you give Conte/Pep/Klopp resources and time and they are going to produce, and it will force change in the league.

All that said EPL is stable, the money papers over lots of mistakes, in terms of efficiency they are dead last out of the leagues we are talking about, but it doesn't matter all that money and exposure gives them huge leeway to ******** up and still produce.

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is playing right now as a starter vs. Arsenal.

23. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brighton can barely create any attacks. I hope he gets more minutes against easier opponents.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As soon as I tune in...
    ...he is walking off the field. :p

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Am I the only one who see Rodallega no. II here? Not because of Izquierdo, but because of the type of team. Just like Rodallega at Wigan, they both are offensive players who play for a small team who try not to relegate and defending in most parts of the match, Unlike Brugges where they were among the favorites and he could show his offensive skills.