Jorge Carrascal

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, May 3, 2016.

1. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Shakhtar would be an ideal move. You could see in the last three months of the season how much confidence Carrascal was getting. If he goes to Shakhtar he'd easily find his way into the starting lineup since he and the brass know he can be dominant in this league when he's on, but he'd also get necessary exposure to the footballing community and difficult competition through Champions League.

On top of that, the pressure to perform in Donetsk would be much greater. Going to this low stakes Ukrainian team--which really bothered me when I heard about it--turned out to be such a good thing for him.

villus and Gio-13 repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ukrainian girls are really hot so there is that

Looked up the team online and says 2 other Colombians are on that team Mauricio Armero (from equidad) and Yonathan Bedoya (sadly this one is only in a weird language without letters haha)

Any info on them?

4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Neither made an impact after transferring midseason. Cortes has had some success in FPC; Bedoya played in the lower divisions of Spain

5. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    As a Shakhtar fan I welcome this move wholeheartedly. He's a massive talent, but yet still very raw. That doesn't prevent him from being one of the best if not the best Karpaty player currently and outdribble/ourperform all the lower part of ukrainian league, though I sence a massive room for improvement he can get with us, maturing, upping the tactical, defensive, physical, technical, vision, scoring, marking, teamplay, basically, most parts of his play, bringing us and himself titles along the way. Usually young talents like him getting sold from Shakhtar in about 4-5 years time in a big team from big league for big buck, after winning considerable amount of tropheys with us, everyone (player, Shakhtar, his new club) profits.`Though he's already at Sevilla and I don't know will they be willing to release him to us and how much their asking price. Karpaty isn't in best relations with Shakhtar either, but I think they got buyout clause. Also I don't think he'll be a starter for Shakhtar for the first half a year.

villus, elviejomen, Azucarero and 6 others repped this.
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1003714268284538881 is not a valid tweet id

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Not a fan of this rumor at all. The only plus is they are playing in Europa league...otherwise it's a league I honestly consider to be more obscure than the one he's currently in, despite it being arguably more competitive.

If you star in the Ukraine, a decent team from one of the big 5 leagues will come knocking. I can't even tell you who are or who were the top players in the Russian league.

Gio-13 and pepinointer repped this.
  8. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    That or France to improve his development

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    some interesting info from that same article

Azucarero and Gio-13 repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I'd be happy if he went to Shaktar, they have a long history of developing South American talents, they play really well and always are competitive in Europe. Would be a good move, if it doesn't happen hopefully he can go to a bigger league in Europe and get minutes. Shaktar has been a good stepping stone for some top players, Colombians going there would be a good thing.

Gio-13 repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gio-13 and Azucarero repped this.
  14. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs and crzdcolombian repped this.
  15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo quisiera ver a este man en otra liga. Lo veo estancado. Me parece que necesita un técnico que lo obligue a aportar mas en defensa y a soltar el balòn mas rapido, allà en Ucrania parece que estuviera jugando microfutbol.

kromekote, pepinointer and GavoCol repped this.
  16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    -------------Cucho
    Carrascal----------Cardona
    ----James------JFQ
    -----------Barrios
    Fabra-Mina-Sanhez-Cuadrado

Ultimate Colombian tekkers squad. Would be fun to see this team in a friendly

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not until this guy plays in a decent league. I think he's only played in lower league spain and now ukraine. Nothing to base him on.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    some matches in copa aguila with millos............i wacthed him in the stadium...........

Doogs repped this.
  19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't know he got to play, I know I saw him in squad lists and callups but I never got to see him play.

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So any news on the kid? I am hoping and praying that he will go to one of the more major leagues in UEFA. He's not developing to the most in a league like that even with the playing time.

21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He's not having a very good season. Whereas he was an unquestioned 90' minute player when the season started, he's regularly subbed out in the 2nd for over a month now. It's gotten to a point that he started from the bench this past weekend.

I kind of got tired of watching his games. He always makes highlights, and regularly puts in a dangerous pass or shot that should be a goal. Yet he's only got a single assist--no goals--on the season and his team simply isn't good.

He plays too selifshly, and it's hard not to think his team would be playing a bit better if he adjusted his game a bit. He has the talent to do so.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I Imagine it is done:

he is a river player

villus repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1090258286920720386 is not a valid tweet id

Doogs repped this.
  24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It could be way worse like Minnesota. Still disappointing though, but I'm sure if he does well he won't fall off the face of the Earth.

pepinointer repped this.