JORDAN FIFA U-17 Women‘s World Cup 2016

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by ceezmad, Dec 5, 2013.

1. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm not so sure, in AFC U-16 finals Japan lost 1-0 in a very tight match, I prefer to be cautious about that (even I don't mind if another asian team wins)

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You give it up already vs Spain?

3. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    3rd place games are usually a crapshoot in my experience. It comes down to the team who really wants it.

4. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    #379 WWC_Movement, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Japan played much more physical and aggressive in their game against the US than they did against any other team in their group. They definitely "brought it" and wanted to win that game badly. There's a little bit of a rivalry between Japan and USA at this age level from all the friendlies and lesser known tournament matches they've played against one another.

Don't sugar coat it. Ashley Sanchez has proven what no other player has done to this Japan team yet. And that's score against them (which Sanchez scored two goals, and could have had a hat trick).

This Japan team is a machine. Anyone that scores multiple goals against them in a 90 minute match is a splendid player, which Sanchez certainly is. As is virtually every starting player for Japan. But it takes something special to score on this Japanese team, especially 2 or more goals in one match.

5. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    And Ashley Sanchez is the best overall recruit in the entire nation for her entire graduating class.
    She's the Mallory Pugh of her class.

By the way, Ashley Sanchez is the one that "drew the penalty" against Japan late in that match to set up her 2nd goal. No one else has been able to draw a penalty or score a goal against this Japan team.

Any other Sanchez haters out there, bring it. :D

6. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Asian nations have DOMINATED this tournament at this exact age level (U-17).
    It just makes France's title in 2012 look that much more accomplished and respectable.
    And USA did draw against France and North Korea in the group stage that year.
    Both of those teams met in the Final.

It's conceivable that the Top 3 teams in that entire tournament were in the same group.
    No one else got a result against North Korea or France. USA got a result against both, but no victory.

USA almost always gets stuck in the toughest group. :D

Germany and Portugal in the same group in 2014? 2 of the Top 4 teams in the FIFA rankings.
    And they still advanced to the Round of 16. :thumbsup:

7. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Coach Sin Jong-bok's comments after the match pretty much confirm your view:
    An astute analysis, but he will have a more difficult time against Japan, who are not such a one-trick pony.

But he knows that, of course..

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd say that it's as far as it gets from a one-trick pony: so far it has been quite... a twenty-one-trick pony! :laugh:
    (Ok, exaggerating a little, not all 21 players are the same, but you get the general idea).

Elaborating what I already wrote on Nadeshiko Japan's thread, just imagine Spain's changing room minutes before lineups are realeased, with Maria Is istructing her players: "Ok, I guess we don't need to reharse once again our plan to stop Ueki: keep constantly a eye on her, because she will be the terminal of all of Japan's game-play. But also beware of Takarada on the right-side: we absolutely have to prevent her dangerous crosses from the right. And, please, don't forget about Miyazawa and don't let her cut inside from the left. Ok, girls? All ready? You all know what to do, don't you?"
    [cut to a few minutes later]
    "But... but... no Miyazawa on the team... and no Takarada!?... and... [eyes open wide, then depressed face]... NO UEKI!!! Sigh... All of our game-plan... doesn't make any sense by now... sniff! :cry:"

gricio61, unepomme and KAPIJXM repped this.
  9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #384 Lechus7, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    The full list of nominees

adidas Golden Ball

Laia Aleixandri (ESP)
    Candela Andujar (ESP)
    Deyna Castellanos (VEN)
    Hinata Miyazawa (JPN)
    Fuka Nagano (JPN)
    Ri Hae-Yon (PRK)
    Ri Kum-Hyang (PRK)
    Sung Hyang-Sim (PRK)
    Hana Takahashi (JPN)
    Riko Ueki (JPN)

adidas Golden Glove

Ok Kum-Ju (PRK)
    Noelia Ramos (ESP)
    Momoko Tanaka (JPN)

My pick would be:

1.Fuka Nagano (JPN)
    2.Deyna Castellanos (VEN)
    3.Ri Kum-Hyang (PRK)

as for gk -
    Noelia Ramos (ESP) if she keep the clean sheet
    otherwise the winner from final match.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't watch enough of Spain's matches to object, but in the semifinal Momoko Tanaka was truely impressive, saving at least three clear-cut chances.
    Also, she only let two goals in in 4 matches (she didn't play vs Paraguay).

debzy and KAPIJXM repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is of course optimistic from FIFA, but I do like to be optimistic, from time to time, at this difficult point in history ;):

debzy, dakota701 and KAPIJXM repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In the end it looks like Daniuska Rodriguez was brought in Jordan just as a tourist: she doesn't play today either.

If she hadn't completely recovered from her injury, what was the point of bringing such a good player here just to have her sit on the bench? :unsure:

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1-0 for Spain at 16'.

I hadn't watched the semifinal between Korea DPR and Venezuela, but now I can see why Venezuela have a difficult time with teams that defend well in the center and tightly mark Castellanos: South Americans don't look like the are able to use the wings at all; if they keep trying to pass through the center, they won't go very far... :cautious:

Also Venezuela's technical quality seems to drop fast, after their 3-4 best players.

MiLLeNNiuM and Lechus7 repped this.
  15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Team spirit perhaps? Anyway it cost Venezuela at the end - with three injuried players during the tourney and some sitting games along cuz of cards.

blissett repped this.
  16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Oh, that Moreno shot would it go in instead of the post...

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow: possession is 69% Spain 31% Venezuela at HT! :eek: Spain out-possesses the opponent the same way Japan uses to do!

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    2-0 Spain at about 50'. Veronica Herrera had been the best Venezuelan DF to that moment, in my opinion, but in that nunute she was out injured. Spain exploited the moment perfectly, because la Vinotinto's defense was completely out of pace and time there, without Herrera.

The action was anyway very good and guess who scored? Lorena Navarro, who was subbed in after HT, to get her first meaningful minutes until her 5 goals vs Jordan. And now she leads the Golden Boot race. :) While Castellanos is nowhere to be seen near to Spain's goal. :unsure:

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Those click-clacks used by fans on the stands do produce really annoying 'hum' noise

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Somehow remind me of the rhythm of a typing machine... :giggle:

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, I can't see Lorena Navarro missing Golden Boot, now that she just scored 3-0 for Spain.

Somehow a shame that the top-scorer of the tournament had 5 of her goal against questionable opposition (Jordan), but I won't object: tonight, at least, she showed she's a good forward.

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I don't agree she's good forward, as you said 5 against Jordan really don't count and 3 today were scored against gassed oppsition playing 3 defenders - I really doubt she would score any goals if Luzardo wasn't moved to midfield in 2nd half.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    4-0 and hat-trick for Lorena Navarro. On previous occasions she seemed angry, while celebrating, like "See? I had to start this game!". Now, finally she relaxes in an open smile. :giggle:

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, you're right, but that stop with the right foot and immediate shot with the left one on her third goal was anyway technically nice.

I agree on one thing: she will win Golden Boot with her 8 goals, but none of them is anywhere close to the best ones we've seen in this tournament.

Lechus7 repped this.
  25. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Despite all of the goals, I think finishing has been a problem for this Spanish team. They created lots of chances and shots throughout the tournament (I think almost 50 shots versus Jordan) but the finishing has been poor.

MiLLeNNiuM, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.