Jonjo Shelvey

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by rossgreen, Aug 20, 2008.

1. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    What position does he play? What kind of game does he have? How bright of a future does he have?

2. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He's an attacking midfielder (central, has also played as second striker)

Smart passer, good shot & physically well developed for his age.

Has also captained England U16's. His manager Pardew has hyped him up in the press & I read a while ago Portsmouth were interested in him. One to look out for.

3. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He just scored a goal today in Charlton Athletics 1-1 draw with Norwich City in todays third round of the FA Cup.

4. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So will he jump ship or learn his trade in league one and look to make some noise like Fabian Delph?

5. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I personally do not think he will have much choice in the matter, because Charlton Athletic will probably look to cash in on Jonjo Shelvey this particular summer, now that they have been relegated to devision one, dispite what they might say publicly. But whoever does buy Jonjo Shelvey should Charlton Athletic first choose too sell him?, will have a genuine potentialy great young football player on there hands, should he avoid major injurys keep his desire and hunger of coarse etc etc. Think Steven Gerrard but who could be better, and that is how good i think that Jonjo Shelvey could one day become, if he first and foremost goes to the right football club, and more importantly gets the right football manager, who can guide him in the right way IMO.