Amon amongst boys: Jonathan at Lynbgy BK (Denmark)Nordsjælland (Denmark)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 18, 2017.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal:
    1030184324056997889 is not a valid tweet id

2. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Really ? ... what game did you watch ? ... FCN lost 2-3 away and the FCN players were both much quicker and better at passing the ball ... but granted, FCN have been quite terrible at defending at corners, which unfortunately is their big weakness and this more experienced Partizan team really knew how to take advantage of this by scoring twice at corner kicks ... but FCN did manage two attempts on the Partizan woodwork beside the two goals, which unfortunately also show their 2nd weakness at the moment, which is lack of efficiency ...

Partizan were playing clever, letting the you FCN players attack and do the defensive mistakes, while playing it safe ... FCN only lost this tie due to their lack of experience ...

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Nord'land has 53% possession with 2 shots on goal. Partizan had six. At no point the Serbian club looked to be in trouble. They had won away 2-1 already, so at home they just waited and hit clinically when they got the chances.

FCN looked decent only when Partizan stopped caring. It was in the bag at that point.

4. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    FCN really should have won at home and struck the Partizan woodwork twice in this away match besides the two goals, so your statistics are simply wrong ... because that's 4 attemps on target ... and also the most dangerous attempts ...

Partizan were not able to dominate possession at home, but obviously were trying to keep the pace down by passing the ball as much as possible on their own half of the pitch, but in attack they hardly were able to create any danger except at corners or free kicks close to the FCN box, both at home and away, where they also scored at their very first corner kick, exactly as in this match ... in fact, they only won this tie by being highly efficient at corner kicks and by playing it safe and defending well, which is also how to do it in these kind of cup games ... but if you look at pace and passing skills, FCN were a level better ...

But the real point is, that to Partizan progressing s a must at all cost, while for FCN it's not about being cynical and efficient, but all about their young players getting more experienced, while doing what they do best ... which is by being better at passing the ball and playing nice attacking minded football...

superdave repped this.
  5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Striking the woodwork is not counted as "on goal."

A shot on goal is one that either becomes a goal or causes a save.

6. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #556 Ceres, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    So you admit that a ball easilly picked up by the keeper with no real danger involved is a "shot target", while if you strike the post twice is does not count as an attempt on target ?,... FCN took the lead in open play ... then Partizan made it 1-1 at a huge FCN blunder at the very first Partizan corner kick and attempt... after Partizan made it 2-1 FCN struck the woodwork only a minute or two later... I can't argue against Partizan being the more experienced, efficient and clever playing team, and in that respect the win was deserved... but they were quite clearly the less individually skilled and much more slow paced and defensive minded team, even at home ... and so they stand little to no chance of beating and experienced team like Besiktas in the play-off's ...

adam tash, Brotheryoungbuck and LouisZ repped this.
  7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Right.

A shot that is headed off the line by a defender isn't a shot on target either.

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That counts as a blocked shot. Don't blame me, I didn't create the definitions.

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #559 Ceres, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Partizan Belgrade (Srb) v FC Nordsjælland (Den), 3-2 (agg: 5-3)
    0-1 Andreas Skov Olsen (9)
    1-1 Nemanja Miletic (11)
    2-1 Marko Jankovic (30)
    3-1 Svetozar Markovic (35)
    3-2 Jonathan Amon (76)

Well .. FCN is the only Danish team not to progress to the EL play-off's ... you could argue that it was due to their very young age and lack of experience, but quite honestly, FCN is not only the youngest but also by far the shortest team in the Danish Superliga and as their highly disappointed coach also said, they failed against Partizan due to their weakness at corner Kicks that gave Partizan 3 of their 5 goals ...

If you look at individual skills and speed, Partizan would be a bottom half Superliga team, just as the other Serbian team, Spartak Subotica, that was eliminated by Brøndby in this round, are of Danish 2nd tier level ... Brøndby beat them 2-0 away and also won 2-1 at home inspite of Brøndby getting a red card in the 11th minute and playing 10 against 11 in more than 80 minutes..

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  10. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  11. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bsky22 repped this.
  12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t know a lick of Danish. But I’d be willing to bet that commentator said something along the lines of “afterburners have been ignited. Bye bye defender”.

Great speed and perfect shot placement.
    like this kid. He’s more that just a speedster. Amon reminds me of someone and I just can’t put my finger on it.

13. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of Joe Gyau pre-injury.

Sup Bro repped this.
  14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct.

But you’re the one using statistics like a drunkard uses a lamppost, for support rather than illumination.

onefineesq and justinpaul10 repped this.
  15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Nord'land was clearly outplayed and beaten soundly 5-3.

Everything else is noise.

16. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    WheezingUSASupport and PalmettoSpur repped this.
  17. Sombrerito

Sombrerito Member

Arsenal
    United States
    May 6, 2018
    He did but he scored and that’s all that matters. We needs guys with that kind of confidence and finishing.

bballshawn repped this.
  18. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually, besides the goal in the last minute, Amon was also close to making an assist in the 58th minute and yet another goal in the 80th minute :

Namdynamo, bsky22, Gacm32 and 5 others repped this.
  19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like how he could have taken the dive, possibly drawing a red-card, when the defender grabbed, but instead stayed on his feet to murder them.

m vann, WheezingUSASupport and Winoman repped this.
  21. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see that game. I only go by what I see and what I read.

22. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would work too.

23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t really understand the 6-8-10 differentiation in our 4-4-2 system with two forwards.

24. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    People trying to sound more tactically astute.

bballshawn, adam tash and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  25. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. These numerical designations make little sense in our system, historically.

And why can't we just hope for two center-mids that can play together with intelligence, both adept at attacking and defending? Do we really need purely defensive midfielder (or a "six" as I reckon) in our lineup? Isn't that tactic why everyone hated Bob Bradley?

adam tash repped this.