Jonas Gutierrez

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by robledo, Jul 2, 2008.

1. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    he just signed for my club but I don`t know a great deal about him. Can you guys tel me his attributes and if he you think he will succeed in the EPL? thanks

2. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I have only seen him play for Argentina and not his club. But when he has played for Argentina he has been good. He has good pace, has a good technique and works hard. He has actually all the attributes to be a success in EPL. I think he is a good signing for you guys. Pace with a good tecnique is the ingridients to be a success in EPL, and this guy has this ingridents.:cool:

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    5 years deal for him and Newcastle, interesting move. Good luck to "el galgo".

Although that for the national team he has played as a left midfielder i think he feels more comfortable playing on the right, at least in Vélez it used to be that way, haven't seen him much at Mallorca. In fact today a couple of years after he left Argentina, Vélez couldn't find a proper replacement for him.

4. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Cinco años a Newcastle

Jonas Gutiérrez, del Mallorca, fue contratado por el club inglés. "No puedo expresar lo contento que me siento y estoy seguro de que disfrutaré mucho", tiró.

More...

5. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    #5 robledo, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Get well soon Jonas...you can beat this

Jonas Gutierrez: Newcastle winger being treated for testicular cancer

The winger, 31, says he had an operation in Argentina to remove his left testicle after the discovery of a tumour and is undergoing chemotherapy.

"Thanks for all the messages. Always looking forward," he wrote on Twitter.

"I detected a tumour in a testicle. When I confirmed the cancer, I went home crying," he told TyC Sports.

"I came here and I assumed the costs despite having a contract with Newcastle.

"Money is not important. What is important is health. I had to start chemotherapy."

6. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  7. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    JONAS 1

CANCER 0

Well done Jonas lad! [​IMG]

Jonas Gutierrez last night revealed he has beaten cancer.

The Newcastle winger has been receiving treatment in his native Argentina after announcing in September that he had testicular cancer.

He has undergone weeks of chemotherapy – making his trademark long hair fell out.

Fans favourite Gutierrez, who has been at St James’ Park since 2008, has been inundated with messages of goodwill since his suffering because public.

But last night he tweeted: “Today I’ve been given the all clear. Many thanks to all those who accompanied me in this moment.”

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California