John "Xuxuh" Hilton at Dordrecht (Netherlands)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Boniek, Mar 16, 2015.

1. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still top 5 for me, and a top 5 fullback prospect in the whole system at the very least.

2. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for me Xuxuh is still right up there in our pool

3. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The fact that none of us have actually seen him play in the last three years gives us no right to judge his performance.

He has been playing and playing at a higher level than MLS Acadamies and that is really all that matters.

jjmack repped this.
  4. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Where?

Tom Collingsworth and bballshawn repped this.
  5. I really donot get the "obsession" with young kids in whatever academy.
    From my experience only a very small percentage make it, so I only start paying attention when one of them signs his first pro contract at 18, as then he has to prove he has what it takes. In the years before that it's the business of the coaches. When I watch such academy games I donot look for particular players' qualities or lack of it. Just enjoy the game on its own.

frankburgers repped this.
  6. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Up until the last six months he has been playing within the Ajax Academy.

7. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but then what will I do with my free time?

PhillyFury repped this.
  8. :Dokay, fair point;)
    So when I have time to spare, which is unlikely but who knows, I might go to have a look at the Feyenoord academy to see how Jamie Dunning is doing and maybe even do an exclusive BS interview with him....but it's very unlikely.:whistling:

TarHeels17 repped this.
  9. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    He hasn't been at Ajax in almost 2 years. The info (as scarce as it might be) is all in this thread.

Tom Collingsworth and frankburgers repped this.
  10. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he has one of the best clubs in Europe waiting for him to turn 18, until he leaves that situation I will still consider him one of the US' brightest. His level has fallen off according to a few involved with us youth teams but still the talent and ethic is there.

11. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Assuming this is still Ajax?

12. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazy that's in under a year. Still feels like he's 15 and we're waiting for him to play for the U17s.

13. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas

14. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy, man.

It's been a while since I've heard so much and actually know so little about a player. As a pro, I project him to land somewhere between Julian Valentin and David Silva on the quality spectrum.

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I always love a Cheezi Meltz reference.

16. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I think Jordan Older bounced around as a youngster in Holland with great promise and mystery until he caught on in Spain.

Who did he play for in Spain again? Betis or somebody? Or was that Ramos. Maybe Deportivo?

17. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wallace Jackson

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  18. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Speaking of Jordan Older, I somehow found myself in a protracted debate with him on twitter, recently. His solution to the prospects falling through the cracks in the US system is to focus on High School and college.

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  19. According to the PSV watcher PSV is looking at possibilities for John Hilton:
    Rik Elfrink 22-10-18, 19:38 Laatste update: 23-10-18, 00:34
    https://www.ed.nl/psv/psv-heeft-vizier-opnieuw-gericht-op-talenten-uit-iran-en-wit-rusland~af0eef0c/
    "..... PSV bekijkt daarnaast de mogelijkheden voor de 17-jarige Amerikaan John Hilton, een rechtervleugelverdediger die momenteel in de tweede divisie voor Koninklijke HFC actief is. Hilton is een voormalig Amerikaans jeugdinternational en werkt net als de andere spelers een stage in Eindhoven af."

20. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This guy said John played well:

21. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Does it mean "well" or "OK"?

22. OK

Edit: that Dumfries guy is the father of PSV and Orange player Dumfries.

23. To translate it accurately it says that JH played a reasonably good match, so I guess he made on Dumfries an above average impression.

24. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    #224 UniversalAdvice, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Just wanted to note that it was his second trial stint with PSV within a two month period. He was also there in September.

Definitely appears that they are sizing him up. By the way, I think that he's the one on the far left in this video if you want to see him pass a couple times. He is outside of the picture every time he passes, which is a very Xuhxuh Hilton thing to happen.

And big thanks to Dumfries' dad for these tweets. Maybe we'll be hearing from him again?

25. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just now listening to the Scuffed U-20 player pool mega-pod from the late summer and Joey Anthone (@USAprospects on Twitter) said pretty definitively that Xuxuh will sign with a “big” European team when he turns 18 next June. FWIW.

wixson7, ChuckMe92, Winoman and 2 others repped this.