John "Xuxuh" Hilton at Dordrecht (Netherlands)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Boniek, Mar 16, 2015.

1. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this blog post by Gary Kleiban, @Scotty's right: it's pronounced "shu-shu". Or you can just say John. ;)

2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This reminds me of Pele's ex-girl friend Xuxa. She was extremely famous children's show host in Latin America.

[​IMG]

Rahbiefowlah and Winoman repped this.
  3. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have any credible info now as to Xuxuh's whereabouts? Is he officially now with Ajax?

4. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    There are rumors, only rumors that he was last seen trailing in southern Spain.

5. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015
    #131 hokeydokey, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Right there in between "Michel Platini vs. FIFA" and "United States Parachute Association vs.
    Fédération Aéronautique Internationale & National Aeronautics Association"

#ArbitrationProblems

TheFalseNine repped this.
  7. There is no splinter of info to find what the case is about. Total silence and fog as I already posted a few months ago.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I don't see them winning this, he could always go back to LA and play with Kleiban.

10. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
  11. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Thought the legal issue at stake may have gotten decided by another case several days prior involving some Colombia player. There is a clearly titles thread in US YNT with the decision that I am too lazy to link.

12. http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/04/26/mas_futbol/1461704289_759393.html

It says what I already stated that you cannot take away the rights of a person under the law of a country. It is an infringement of their human rights. Many posters attacked me on that portraying FIFA as a juggernout capable of trashing legal rights. So I'm very satisfied I am proven right. So bring in the supertalents of the States to the super Academy in the worldat Feyenoord. Cannot wait.

justinpaul10 repped this.
  13. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015
    The site says most cases last 6-12 months.

14. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still waiting on this, apparently. Soon, it'll be 4 months since this tweet, though it could go even longer.

US Soccer still lists him as unattached: http://www.ussoccer.com/players/2015/02/02/14/20/john-hilton#tab-1

15. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

Oct 20, 2014
  16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Pretty sure this is the last announced roster he was on, listed as unattached, from April. There is a U16 camp going on right now, but I don't know of a roster announcement/report.

DEFENDERS (6): Eduardo Blancas (Napa Soccer Academy; Napa, Calif.), Dominic De Almeida (PDA; Lincoln Park, N.J.), Luke Hansen (Colorado Rush; Littleton, Colo.), John Hilton (unattached; Long Beach, Calif.), Leonardo Sepulveda (LA Galaxy; Corona, Calif.), Sebastian Serpa (Weston FC; Miami, Fla.)​

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...names-20-player-roster-for-2016-delle-nazioni

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. There already has been a ruling that goes for all players:
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/consequences-of-the-alejandro-urrea-verdict.2031620/

Alejandro Urrea has brought down the Ruling 74 of the FIFA.
    In earlier discussions on the topic I posted that any USA kid with the ambition to play in Europe should bring it to court in case the local FA/FIFA refused them the right to play. My line of reasoning was that when you are an inhabitant of a country you have constitutional rights, among which the right of free gathering=freedom to be member of any organization you want. No one can take that away from you.
    I was laughed at, attacked on it by those that want to see the FIFA as an omnipotent entity, bending laws in their favour.
    The ruling in favour of Alejandro Urrea emphatically almost quotes my posts by stating that by being a legal resident of a state the laws of that state have to be respected by a private organization.

So what does it mean in the landscape of USA soccer?
    One fear I have is that the EPL clubs lure young talented Yanks to their "academies", because of the glamour appeal this league has in the USA.
    I urge parents and kids to stay away from them. These socalled academies robbed the Dutch academies of their best talents at 15 and all vanished in oblivion. See how many English talents make it into the league via their academies..almost none.
    If you have a kid with extraordinairy talent, go the right way through academies that have proven themselves as a springboard for a career.
    Yes, it is tempting to accept offers by Chelsea, but the matter of fact is that they hardly ever see any of their academy back in the first team and most of them are squattered around Europe on loan as merchendise.
    Chelsea has several players in the Dutch league to be developed. So why on earth donot you skip Chelsea and go straight to one of the top academies there.

feyenoordsoccerfan, May 10, 2016 Report
    #1 Quote

SUDano repped this.
  18. The transfer rules of the FIFA are laid down in article 19, concerning minors.

• At the end of March, there was potentially important movement on the Article 19 issue when Spain's Sports Council ordered the Spanish federation to register 16-year-old Colombian Alejandro Urrea, who is a legal resident in Spain, but who couldn't be registered with Pozuelo because it would've violated Article 19
    • "It is like the Bosman ruling," Urrea's lawyer Jose Sanchez Parra said in quotes carried by AS
    • Again, there may be a parallel with Mexico should the government step in, but for Mark Lugo, an American based in Barcelona and the founder of "Fair Play 4 Kids" (an organization attempting to pressure FIFA into changing Article 19), Article 19 as a whole is inconsistent with the realities of the modern world
    • "It seems like a couple of kids, but I have a list of 1,700 and something kids that aren't able to play because of Article 19," Lugo told ESPN FC
    • The vast majority of those players that Lugo references are amateur players, but it is a replica of the situation Navarro and other Mexican-American youths find themselves in

19. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xuxuh is listed here with AFC U-17. AFC is Amsterdam FC, an Ajax affiliate, and the same club that Jason Pynadath is at. Credit to OWTY for the original find.

http://www.afc.nl/team/zaterdag-b1

Namdynamo, Gacm32, TheFalseNine and 5 others repped this.
  20. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Nice find. Has the CAS ruled on his case yet?

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  21. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd lean toward no ruling yet because there haven't been any new reports on that front. Perhaps he is at AFC in the meantime.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  22. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still haven't heard anything concrete on the ruling, but Xuxuh is listed on Ajax's official website with the U-15's (see "missing from picture"):
    http://www.ajax.nl/teams/jeugdteams/o15/de-selectie.htm

Oddly enough, Joshua Pynadath is on the bench today for the U-15's, but is not listed on Ajax's website.

23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US U-16 callup for the Val-de-Marne Tournament in France starting Oct. 23. Still listed as unattached.
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...-roster-for-val-de-marne-tournament-in-france

Tom Collingsworth and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like CAS has said "no" to his registration:

The 15-year-old American football talent John Kenneth Hilton may not play in the Ajax youth academy. The transfer has already been banned by FIFA and that decision was upheld by the international sport tribunal CAS.

A unique case, not previously served by the CAS rejected a move by a young player to a Dutch club. The sports tribunal, the outcome of the case not yet made public, but Nieuwsuur has the ruling been handed an inquiry into youth transfers.

Talent from outside Europe may FIFA after relocate their eighteenth Club. Until then an exception is made if the parents only have to move to another country because of their jobs.

FIFA experts look thereby critically or emigration in any way related to football.Before the trial, the parents of Hilton claimed that this is not the case. They moved to the Netherlands two years ago in the belief that their four children educationally enriched "would be foreign experience.

But according to FIFA, and appealed also the CAS can not be sufficiently demonstrated that the relocation of the Hilton family can be separated from football affairs.

(in Dutch) http://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2140086-cas-tribunaal-keurt-transfer-amerikaan-15-naar-ajax-af.html

sakibomb523, (TxT), Winoman and 2 others repped this.