John Walker

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #26 Westside Cosmo, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Employee 9: We tried having all of the ticket staff and digital media crew act like liberal social justice warriors and alienate conservative Dynamo fans figuring we’d sell more tickets to left wingers but all we got was Jay Adelberg selling an extra seat to the Dynamo Fan of the Year candidate and declining overall attendance

2. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Just fyi - Jay is by far the top seller of tickets in that org.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #28 Westside Cosmo, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    He also the youth soccer club group sales manager. I’d hope the group sales guy selling large blocks of discounted tickets to soccer groups would have the quantity lead.

But it speaks to a larger issue of tone deaf “woke” people on social media who claim “opinions are my own” while posting from an account that is clearly both a business and personal account. It can’t possibly be good for business.

MLS is full of these folks who claim a vote for Republicans is like voting for bringing back gas chambers. Even if the soccer audience skews left you are still insulting 30 to 40% of your possible customers which based on the Dynamo they shouldn’t be insulting anybody

4. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jay is probably one of the few people in the FO that actually cares about the team. Though his "circle of suck" comments seem misguided, he has sparked conversation. When a team is doing terrible the fans tend to eat their own, so I don't hold on too strongly to the bandwagon comments either.

He seems a like a genuine guy, but needs to have conversations with guys that are a bit of realistic.