John Daly

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by futbolfanatic4Milan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. futbolfanatic4Milan

futbolfanatic4Milan New Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    since he deserves better than a shout out on the “hot seat” thread. John Daly retired today. A man of class, honesty, dignity, and a flippin great soccer coach. 31 years at anything these days is amazing. He did it the right way. He always gave of himself to all who met him. You were lucky if you could call him your friend. You were blessed if coached by him. Thank you John.

2. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    JD recruited me when he was the men's asst at W&M many decades ago. I didn't have the grades, so he made some phone calls and I ended up having a nice playing career at Radford University. I've coached against him many times in the intervening years. Sorry to see him go; one of the last of his breed.

3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    +1

He has been a model citizen, and a great ambassador for all of sport.
    A great role model for everyone to look up to. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One of the best mulllets ever!!!!
    In all seriousness to have a gig that long and be that respected is what a legacy is all about. Congrats Coach

5. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not a very good role model for a soccer coach. Drinking, smoking.

6. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OMG Holmes. So you thought the joke WWC made about the golfer John Daly was actually the William & Mary coach. Please get off this board. Do all of us and yourself a favor.

7. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #7 Holmes12, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    OMG Trustee. So you thought the joke I made about the golfer John Daly was actually the William & Mary coach. Please get off this board. Do all of us and yourself a favor.

8. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sure Holmes that's what you meant..... Idiot. You would like us to think that was a 'joke' you made. It's on par with other asinine comments you have made so right in line with your mentality. You have no idea. I am done with reading your diarrhea and am putting you on ignore as I should have done long ago.

This thread is about John Daly. A great coach, great mentor. Won't let this thread get hijacked by idiotic comments when we should be celebrating all this man has done not just for William & Mary but women's college soccer..

9. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    hook. line. sinker. Only you would jump on that. As ridiculous as it is, but knew you would all the way. You can't let your beloved LGBTQ stuff go, my arrogant man. Should I hate you?

This thread is about John Daly. A great golfer, great smoker. Don't you see the pics?

10. RtD!

RtD! Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Don't feed the troll !!!

11. latearriving

latearriving New Member

I have no favorites
    England
    Oct 29, 2017
    As a Tribe alum, I have mixed feelings to see JD go. He began his tenure with the women while I was still an undergrad, and lasted long enough I sent one kid to W&M and had another recruited by JD. He justifiably has a great legacy, but I think it was time for a change and look forward to seeing what Shackford can do with the program.

12. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #12 Holmes12, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Great money trail industry hire. Shack is a direct line into FCV/McLean (Nadir)/Bethesda/Prince William/Strikers money, the wealthiest (i.e. gov'y subsidized) over the top soccer region in the nation. With Shack offering in-state semi-public tuition and fees, JMU and VCU will now be politic'ed (relegated) to third tier leftovers. The price increase of W&M over those two is worth it to most industry parents. Shack's kind of at odds with Beach but, meh, those parents always wanted to get out of the tidewater. Plus many more from that club, for whatever reason, go Greek upon campus arrival. Chasing girls off the soccer field to sorority row is proliferating the sport anyway, Beach has always been ahead of it.

I'm really not sure if Daly would remember this, but it's is kind of memorable. I was at a Richmond showcase (River-something complex) last year, and we took a leak at adjoining urinals (the only two in there with two stalls). I could tell by his gait that he was done.

13. latearriving

latearriving New Member

I have no favorites
    England
    Oct 29, 2017
    Holmes, are you suggesting that the clubs mentioned are government subsidized? I am not aware of this. I'm also not sure why you included Bethesda, as not only has that club been in decline for a while, but it's MoCo location means most of its players will NOT qualify for in-state tuition at W&M. Beyond that, I wouldn't consider having a direct line into PWSI a game changer. If anything, Shackford's connection to FCV may be beneficial, and to a lesser extent, but I don't think it will be much of a difference maker. She's still not going to win recruiting battles against UVA or Tech, and NoVa was already heavily (and fairly successfully, at least until the last two or three years) recruited by JD anyway.

Funny that your memorable moment is taking a leak next to him at a showcase.

14. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #14 Holmes12, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    latearriving, yes, those clubs are government subsidized. The region economy is completely government subsidized and guaranteed to thrive despite economic indices elsewhere, These "DMV" (I hate that acronym) ECNL clubs and industry would not exist in this concentration and magnitude without the government employee/contractor tax delivery mechanism. Obviously UVa and Tech are the most P5'ie and creme de la creme or whatever. However, those DC subsidized ECNL clubs are all connected and buds, those coaches will push players to wherever suits their needs. if W&M and Shack is better for the coach/club, via greasing, back-scratching, favors, return favors, whatever, they won't sell to anybody else.

I think that's Tech's problem, Chugger lost the tax-payer subsidized coaches for some reason. Maybe he tired of their arrogance. He should be thriving with a roster of all in-states. But neither is the case. Two conference non-Pitt goals all season??? In the same game??? I like the man, like Lombardo, so i'm glad there's no talk of his seat being warm or nothing.

I'd be interested to know if Daly remembers our brush.