Joao Felix: The Prodigy or The Fraud?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Sumol, Jun 16, 2019.

1. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #176 prodigal_mind, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    The fact you call serie a a terrible league just shows how ignorant you are. Come to think of it...didnt Juventus just beat and top the CL group with Atletico?

Also the fact you keep mentioning Jackson at Portimonense is utterly retarded. The reason he went to China and is there now is because he is: a) Past his prime and b) had very bad injury problems. What is your excuse for Lemar who was bought for massive money and was one of Monacos best players in their league win? Saying "the most successful manager in Atletico history" does not make you right that he doesnt ruin attacking players btw.

I thought the portuguese league was fake, why are you saying Herrera was great? If he was so great why didnt Porto sell him for 40m? Its funny how you are such a hypocrite and change your views on anything whenever it suits you. When Bruno Fernandes performs well he is amazing, when Felix does well in the same league its a fake league.

My prediction = Felix becomes a massive success, you and goodead will either leave the forum or claim you were trolling this whole time

2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Zidane was full of praise as well. Just further correlates with our high iqs when it comes to assessing football talents that a great footballing mind like Zidane would agree with us

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You mean like when all you benfica dick riders went silent in the Renato Sanches forum after claiming he's the next Ronaldinho only to see him fail at almost every club he's been to?

Exactly.....

4. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who has been silent? I post about Sanches often. Hes doing well in Lille btw. Also your fake league logic is null here since Sanches performed well in Benficas Cl campaign

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol yea, cuz no head coach or sports personality has ever lied or said a bunch of nonsense to feed the media hype. Jesus dude, what horrible straws to clutch at SMH.

Felix was just voted the most disappointing player in all of La Liga. Have you ignored everything I've posted?

6. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea, they did decently well that year.

This year, if it wasn't for the final 2 fixtures, benfica would've finished with no points.

Also, to answer your previous post on benficas corruption, with yesterday's game being a clear example, here's another video:

https://www.facebook.com/1547697025496860/posts/2432841193649101/

Notice that the Aves player is absolutely and clearly fouled on the buildup to the fake PK.

And the PK isn't just "soft", it's non existent.

Just a usual game in a corrupt league ran by Benfica socios and corrupt officials.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Modric didn't cost $120 million. Nor was he striker. 4 goals in 19 matches is dog shit, no matter which way you try to spin it. And that doesn't account for the horrible miscues, missed shots, wide open sitters that he missed etc.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic for now. I appreciate the civil dialogue though. If he turns out to be a good player, I'd gladly admit I was wrong. But I think he's just another product from the pro SLB Portuguese media hype machine.

9. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Bro, you would of sh!t your pants if Messi looked up on you.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "What?!?? Benfica doesn't have control of the league and fix it to their advantage!"

Meanwhile, in Setubal yesterday, Coates gets a fake yellow to keep him out of the derby against Benfica:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qfu31

11. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Gelson is playing well lately and scored against PSG Today.
    Simeone's system is simply not suited for attacking players.

Today Atletico lost to Real Madrid on penalties in a supercopa, after a scoreless affair. Felix was subbed out in extra time. It is clear he has the talent, but Simeone's horrible tactics are limiting his potential.

12. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Sporting is probably better off without Coates.
    didn't this guy score three goals in his own net one game?

either way, if Sporting loses by less than 2 goals, I would consider it a good result.

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Let's play count the needless give aways. Was there anything positive he did the entire game? Another horrible performance.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's simiones fault he shoots right at defenders and loses the ball incredibly easily? Lol the excuses for this bust are worse than what Renato got.

SCP_16 repped this.
  15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who cares? He did nothing but lose the ball all game. He stared down Messi .. Wow did he get an assist? A goal? Contribute anything? No .. Then he should keep his mania to a minimum until he does.

16. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Felix should have went to Real Madrid instead, they wanted him.

He would have suited them much better.

17. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    It is because he sets his team up to play negatively players like Felix rarely get touches where they need them, and it lowers confidence leading to individual errors. Especially in young players.

I can tell you never have coached a team like I have.

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Blows my mind the excuses he gets for never doing anything all season and the ignorance and indifference Diogo Jota gets for terrorizing the Premier League.
    You have never coached a day in your life, if you do I feel sorry for your players.

There is zero excuse for the amount of turnovers he produces for Atletico AND Portugal. I guess Santos is an idiot too.

19. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I am a coach , I coach youth soccer boys and girls teams. I was also previously offered a scout position with Vitoria Setubal about 8 years ago. My ex wife was the reason I didn’t take the job.

I am fortunate to have some friends associated with Portuguese clubs in Portugal, although none are major. Biggest lead I had was with Vitoria. I regret not taking the job. Blame my ex wife. Another piece of advice I have to young men in their teens or twenties - DONT GET MARRIED!!!

April 2020 will make one year since I have been divorced.

I am thinking of following my
    Dream and returning to Portugal and try to break into coaching a professional men’s team..

Maybe I will make it and educate you further on how the game works....

20. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I also note that I’ve attempted practice exams for Uefa A and B level , and I pass with ease.

I will stick to my
    Goal and try to become a professional coach in Portugal.
    I am working on tying up lose ends first and after my divorce, let’s face it I lost a lot of money and need to make some of it back right now...

One thing is for sure, I will not let envious strangers online hold me back from obtaining my goal... I already lost time with my ex wife but now I am wiser and learned my lesson.

21. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just shows you did not watch it, if you did you would know that he was involved in the 1st goal

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

LOL, he was "involved". Well no shit, everyone is "involved" if they're on the field.

So that's what $120 million is worth nowadays? For "involvement"?

Now imagine if Felix didn't play for SLB and played for FCP or SCP instead, would he still get a free pass for being an absolutely dogshit player? Probably not.

Keep clutching, homers.

25. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You are one massive faking cvnt