JJ has surgery?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Cannons, Feb 9, 2015.

1. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    Will Jones be available for Selection on Saturday?

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was available on Saturday, so don't see why not this weekend.

3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    There's probably little doubt that he'll be on the game day roster (barring a setback in training), but with an off-week looming, I think Heaps will be reluctant to take any chances with him for the sake of a few late sub minutes.

dncm repped this.
  4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May not mean anything, but ...

5. 6and33areGOD

6and33areGOD Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    But it may mean... JERMAINE JONES CONTRACT EXTENSION

6. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    If I supported the majority of other teams in MLS I'd be very hesitant to extent Jones' contract at the current salary given his age and injury history. That being said, I have zero faith in Burns to find a replacement or Kraft to spend the money on another player (it needs to be a "needle mover").

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think about it, assuming he's healthy for the rest of the year (mm-hmm), we will get a full year's worth of play from him for his 18-month contract. So far, he's been better than we could have imagined when he's been healthy and playing. The real risk is to predict how he will be health-wise over the next 2 years.

I think everyone is asking that, especially teams who might be interested in him should the Revs not sign him.

And that brings me to my greatest worry, that the risk-averse Revs will chicken out and Burns will have this as yet another pathetic "we were very close, but unfortunately, we were not able to come to an agreement with Jermaine" statement. "We made what we felt was an extremely fair offer, and we're disappointed that he did not re-sign. We did not want to trade him, but we feel that the Galaxy's first round pick this year will certainly be a top player."

Of course, Burns will be betting that the injury-prone Jones will emerge next year and will not be worth whatever money some more-ambitious-than-us club pays him, and he can smugly smirk "I tole ya so." And in typical Burns fashion, there is no plan B, no consideration that if he goes to another club and plays like he has for us, well, "we tried" isn't going to cut it.

Of course, Bottom-line Billelo, the MIT quant will have crunched all the numbers and everything, so maybe, just maybe they will see that all the jersey sales and better attendance since he's been in the fold just might have something to do with the highest profile player we've had since Alexi Lalas.