Jimmy Conrad exposes Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    can you elaborate on what the CB and LB mentioned to you (without names of course)

and what was the friction with Feilhaber and Dempsey?

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    You guys, no one liked learning German in school. ;)

3. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your "friend" is confused. Dempsey and Feilhaber have never been in a Klinsmann camp together.

IIRC Benny and Beckerman did have a couple of dustups, the last at the January camp in 2014 when Klinsmann took the roster to train and play closed door friendlies in Brazil. Benny is a known jerk for club and country and is always getting in teammates face on the training ground if he thinks they made the wrong play.

neems and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    Gotcha. I was thinking Clemson

5. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    I didn't take it that way. thought it possible that some might given the way each person reads between the lines with different glasses.

6. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except he never said that his "friend" said they were at a camp together. After saying that there was some tension there, it seemed that CU editorialized and said that he (CU) thought that there was a dustup in a training camp. He didn't say that his friend told him so.

WrmBrnr and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    I don't know about under Klinsmann...HHH is usually pretty good with facts that I don't know but my guess is that Dempsey and Feilhaber were at a camp together...perhaps not under Klinsmann but Dempsey and Feilhaber would have had plenty of time to get to know each other in So Africa.

Whether or not that is what was meant I do not have a clue. If there was friction between the two, it is quite possible that Klinsmann would have known about it. Again this is all speculation at this point. Dempsey and Feilhaber had pretty strong personalities (at least that is the impression that I have). I can see one not liking the other...or vice versa. Wouldn't be the first time that it happened on a team. Either way, it is the coach's job to choose the team based upon what he feels is best for the team. Klinsmann and later Arena, rightly or wrongly, chose to exclude Feilhaber. The reason(s) were either for soccer reasons, non soccer reasons or a combination.

Either way, I think it is interesting.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    would things have been any better with Feilhaber called up? He did well in the Confed and WC when he was called up. Though he was playing in the Danish 2nd division for a while. That would have been quite difficult to justify his inclusion when JK came along.

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Castillo got relegated to Monterrey's bench right after the Guatemala games. So even if he did fine enough for Klinsmann, by the next camp, Copa Centenario, he was in a form poor enough to never leave the bench.

10. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    It's been told before. Feilhaber was brought back when Dempsey had his medical condition and then kicked out again.

CU soccer repped this.
  11. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Michael Bradley gets national recognition once again for being a failure and players like Danny Williams get no mention after showing great leadership vs Portugal.

adam tash repped this.
  12. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Alfredo Morales at 28 years old, DM, 90- minute starter in Bundesliga right now. There is plenty of leadership ( Williams- 29 years old ) and experience (Morales) at the prime age. Don't be fooled!!!!

laxcoach repped this.
  13. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    McKennie (Schalke)
    Williams (EPL), first USMNT captain after post WC disaster.
    Morales (Bundesliga)
    Adams (on way to Bundesliga)

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    danny williams is still an option?

15. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Coming back from injury. On the bench twice recently and played 70 min in a cup game.

16. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    Yes. Less credible.

17. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    Untrue. Tim Howard spoke out vehemently about German Americans commitment to the US National team.

18. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    ...and was a turnover machine. Have people forgotten that?

19. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    OK. I'll go ahead and ignore all of your previous posts then and file them under "wild speculation" and "gobbledygook."

20. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    But isn't this the way it goes with every player on a national soccer team? The ending is rarely pretty. So goes the life of a player in a sport that requires one to be incredibly fit and sharp.

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WrmBrnr and jaykoz3 repped this.
  22. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    I think it was an issue with some of the German-American players (Chandler, Johnson) but not others (Jones, Brooks, Williams and Boyd if you include fringier guys)

23. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @autogolazzo I guess this is what you are confused about as far as commitment?

"Some of them are [dual nationals], but I think others are players who have their roots here in America too," said. Howard. "It's not exclusive to them because some of our dual nationals have been brilliant.

"Jermaine Jones has been a rock for our national team. He's been one of the heartbeats. Fabian Johnson has been brilliant for us. So, no, that wasn't aimed at any one person in particular."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...ion-in-us-team-wasnt-just-from-dual-nationals

24. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    #149 autogolazzo, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Well, not that part actually. But from the same article, this:

Howard said that Klinsmann "had a project to unearth talent around the world that had American roots. But having American roots doesn't mean you are passionate about playing for that country."

He later added, "I know there were players that came in that it didn't matter as much to. If you get enough of those players, one or two can get found out, but if you get enough of those players you lose sight of what you are all about. While it was a good idea in theory, it had its flaws."

He doesn't call out German-Americans specifically but I think that it is implied. And yes, he does single out Jones and Johnson as exceptions.

Keep in mind that his comments in this article were in response to his original comments. In this article he is taking a step backward and stating that others (non German-Americans) were problematic as well.

25. usmnt #1 fan

usmnt #1 fan Red Card

Red bulls
    Germany
    Sep 12, 2018