Jimmy Conrad exposes Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or, he just doesnt wanna help the "old guard" sarachan, williams, etc look good and ride his coat tails to permanent roles....

2. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or he just doesn't want to play in meaningless friendlies during a contract year and risk injury. He also might just want to concentrate on his club career at the moment as well.

Or............he really is injured :eek:

WrmBrnr repped this.
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The simple explanation is rest.

But you do you.

4. SantaCruzRed

SantaCruzRed New Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's not this complicated. Look down the roster of any USMNT in the last 15 years. Compare them to the WC roster for 2002. We had better players then at almost every position, and we had our best run ever in the WC. We don't have the players, period, to compete at the world level. Maybe the new crop of kids will grow into something, but in the meantime, complicated conspiratorial excuses for the last 10 years are just whistling in the wind -- we didn't have the players. Period.

jnielsen repped this.
  5. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Part of our problem was depth. That is an area in which we seem to be improving (IMO). The problem with a lack of depth is that one or two injuries (or what ever) to a key player or two can make a big impact. 2010 had Davies and Holden that missed due to injuries. If Mathis hadn't injured his knee and had better training habits he would have had a chance to impact our team. 2014 was missing Donovan, I know that many feel Klinsmann was right to leave him off but if things had played out a bit differently he could have helped us a great deal. Altidore had his injury in 2014. O'Brien had a short career. Most big countries have all of those same issues but they are 2-3 deep in all positions except the very best (Messi, Ronaldo, Modric, Zidane etc).

jnielsen and WrmBrnr repped this.
  6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Michael Bradley did nothing to help Pulisic when he was getting wacked. Such a great "nominal captain" as Dave "the puppet" Sararchan would tell you.

Stuart Holden, its ok if Garber pressured you into kissing butt. You wont be the first nor the last.

Three and Three and smokarz repped this.
  7. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    That was what pissed me off, and it started at the Panama game. We were up 3-0 and 4-0, the Panamanians decided to take out their frustration by hacking the fxck out of Pulisic, and our fxcking so-called "captain" did Jack Shit about it. In fairness, neither did our coach--someone like Dax McCarty could have been subbed in with specific instructions to crack a skull or two in retaliation. At that point it didn't matter if we picked up a red card (we needed to win the game by 2 to ensure that a draw at T&T would qualify us).

I even called in to one of the shows on SiriusFC about this the next day, I said this softness would bite us in the ass but I didn't think it would that soon.

I'm 100% convinced that if Jermaine Jones plays in that last set of games, we qualify for the WC comfortably.

8. CU soccer

CU soccer Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Panama City Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I’ve wanted to reply to this thread for weeks, but held back until after I met up with my buddy that, as some of you know, played for the Nats.

Oddly enough, of all the convos we’ve had about the team (past and present), MB hasn’t really came up. So, I made it a point to ask about him last night.

They had very little overlap as teammates, but he liked him “on a personal level” in the limited time they played together. Told him about the theory amongst some fans that MB may have influenced who got called up and his response was interesting... “Nah, but Mikey was definitely a ‘yes man’. If Bob or Juergen leaned towards calling up A over B, you weren’t going to hear an argument for B coming from Mikey”. Mentioned “Carlos” as a prime example of MB just “nodding in agreement” as he was “prematurely forced out”.

Speaking of Bocanegra. He actually texted my buddy during dinner. Was cool to see his iPhone light up with “Carlos B”.

diablodelsol, WrmBrnr, jaykoz3 and 5 others repped this.
  9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I thought Holden was in full cheerleader mode last game. Borderline embarrassing.

adam tash and chad repped this.
  10. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSF is the Emperor wearing his new "clothes".

11. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    If your buddy is who I'm guessing it is (based on your username and the timeline it sounds like he was on the national team), has he considered getting into coaching?

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    but was Boca "prematurely forced out"? He was playing 2nd division Spanish football on loan from a relegated Rangers. With the likes of Gonzalez/Besler/Brooks forcing their way in to the team.

13. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The enigma that is Bradley. I'm at the point where at best he is walking malaise.

Maybe he is a nice guy, I don't care. I do not want him near the program anymore.

14. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, IIRC he was Captain, then JK called him in and basically told him "you're done, hope you enjoy this game against *whichever team*", and CB was super sad about it.

Something like that, it's been a while and I could be wrong. Even if the gist is there, that's poor man-management of a vet who had done nothing wrong, right there.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I can totally believe Mike as a yes-man, not at all like an instigator.

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    You're absolutely right. He handled it terribly.

17. CU soccer

CU soccer Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Panama City Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CU = Colorado. You’re probably thinking Clemson.

Mantis Toboggan M.D. repped this.
  18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. That is how I always saw him, from afar.

19. CU soccer

CU soccer Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Panama City Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s all about perception, I guess. From his teammates point of view, I
    can assure you they weren’t happy. Not my opinion, I heard it straight from his mouth and he mentioned 2 other guys (1 regular CB and one part time LB) who apparently were not happy about it either.

As I’ve mentioned in the past, Landon’s omission from the WC roster still infuriates him to talk about. Believes it was “personal, without a doubt”.

Thinks Feilhabers exclusion was due, largely, to the friction between him and Dempsey and that the lack of having him on the team lead to MB being forced in to the 8/10 spot.

So much more shit we’ve talked about, but I can’t recall it all at the moment. Exhausted from traveling all day.

20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was friction between Feilhaber and Dempsey? What was the story with that?

21. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Very interesting....especially in the context of this thread where Bradley is being accused of influencing the roster. (I am not accusing or blaming Dempsey....the decision, in my mind, is with the coach...)

Not to mention that Dempsey does not seem the type to actually go to a coach and make a request regarding personnel.

22. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey liked to "try shit", but Feilhaber liked to "try merda". If once thing Jurgen knew, it was that Jurgen knew his Scheit.

23. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    He was a scheissemeister

Allez RSL and TOAzer repped this.
  24. CU soccer

CU soccer Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Panama City Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By no means was it implied that Dempsey spoke up about the inclusion/exclusion of Benny. Just that the friction was there (I think they had a skirmish at a training camp).

Mahtzo1 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  25. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boca himself came out and said that was not true, That in fact Klinsmann was always very up front and they had been having conversations about Boca's status the previous fall.

El Homie Castillo blurted out something similar in an interview after the US win v Guatemala during WCQ group. He said that Klinsmann told him that this was Castillo's last chance with the NT. If he did not take it he would not be back. Nobody had any idea that was the case.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.