Jimmy Conrad exposes Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the same question. @Susaeta - I'd love any clarification or examples that you're comfortable sharing (and I mean that honestly - I follow and respect all of your posts here and on Twitter and your knowledge of the team, so any additional insight you can share would be appreciated).

2. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

onefineesq repped this.
  3. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Dosent Garber get 10 or 15% of every expansion team? Lest see 10 or 15% of at least 150 Milliion (current expansion rate) is 15 or $22.5 Million. if two teams come in in a year that's 30 $Million or $45 Million.

4. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where exactly are you getting that information? The expansion fee is paid out to the existing team owners. This is to pay for the dilution in their share of MLS. It's proportional. For example each MLS team will get $6.5M when FCC enters the league. They will also get $6.5M when Nashville enters the league. $150M/23 teams.

5. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In what role did you interact with players - press, agent, etc...? I'm an obsessively curious person. Forgive me.

6. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Here's my issue with all of this: I don't have any real knowledge of what wen on (unlike some on this board). Obviouisly Conrad has first hand knowledge and he said some things about Bradley that painted him in a poor light and his effect on the team in a poor light.

I don't know how true what he said was but even if everything he said was true, it is a bit of a jump to say that he was picking the team. I didn't see where Conrad mentioned anything remotely close to that. That isn't reading between the lines, it is writing a new chapter. That takes an awful lot of extrapolation.

Do I want Bradley on the team? No, but he didn't ruin everything by himself. As the captain he obviously played a role and Conrad points out how he didn't believe he did a good job as a Captain. (by the way, who made him Captain? Did he self nominate?)

jnielsen, WrmBrnr and yabo repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one of those issues that is completely outside the scope of us, the fans, because it's about something we never see.

But it reminds me of when the Carolina Panthers cut Steve Smith. He was still a very productive player, but management felt that his enormous personality was preventing Cam Newton from emerging as the team leader for the offense.

I'm not one to just write off players; you never know how things can develop. But if MB's nature is that he is inevitably going to be an enormous personality and his presence will prevent new leaders from emerging, then yeah, he shouldn't be called up, at least for a while. If for some reason he has a role a year from now, that will give the next generation time to take psychological control of the team. It's different than the situations with the Panthers, since Steve Smith had to be either on the team or off the team.
    He's burned his own bridges. He's torched his own career. There's just too much heat around him, and it's his own fault.

My main surprise is when seemingly sensible posters don't realize Wynalda is a stupid clown.

KCbus, WrmBrnr, a_new_fan and 1 other person repped this.
  8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does he? I'm sure he has tons of 2nd hand knowledge, which has its value. Not sure he has much if any first hand knowledge.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I take back the compliment.

Is this more Pizzagate or QAnon?

10. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    To be fair, he would also stick up for the team, even if he didn't agree with it. Clearly he didn't like JK, but he wouldn't take any negative talk (in the press) by teammates (anonoumously) on locker room stuff.

russ, WrmBrnr, Mahtzo1 and 2 others repped this.
  11. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Or, he is just a giant douche.

12. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you even bothering? The theories about MLS have gone beyond conspiratorial ... into simple batshit delusion. There is no pulling these folk back at this point.

WrmBrnr and jaykoz3 repped this.
  13. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. One example - Bradley liked working with Kellyn Acosta, and the latter was fast-tracked into the team. Danny Williams, not so much.

Does that make it hard fact? No. Did players have real suspicions? Yep.

Deep Wilcox, Namdynamo, CTS26 and 6 others repped this.
  14. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hasn't Conrad already told this story about Bradley?

Also, I'm guessing Besler told him this?

15. Susaeta

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way he handled his dad's firing, and his character through the JK mess, were pretty remarkable for sure.

jnielsen, olephill2 and IndividualEleven repped this.
  16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And to think, a few years back people here would jump at you if you as much as asked for Bob to play someone else in his position, to have backups in case Mike went down.

Right away 90% of the folks here would start clamoring for your head, accusing you of pushing the "nepotism" canard.

Good times.

Deep Wilcox, jnielsen and onefineesq repped this.
  17. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be too persistent, and in the end it doesn't really matter. It's really about my judgment on the credibility of your posts, how do you know Bradley like working with Acosta? Really not trying to be snarky or argumentative.

jnielsen and onefineesq repped this.
  18. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm watching the outpouring of love for Dempsey today after his retirement- haven't seen a bit of negativity around this day. Just a lot of people that will miss him. It's made me begin to wonder what Bradley's reception will be when he chooses to retire. Have a feeling that it won't be anywhere near what we saw today.

TxEx repped this.
  19. Susaeta

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw your post, and chose not to answer because I value my privacy over your curiosity. If that means you find them less credible, I understand.

jnielsen, CTS26, acima and 3 others repped this.
  20. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

jnielsen repped this.
  21. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just stop.

chad repped this.
  22. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    I didn't mean first hand knowledge of anything recent but first hand knowledge from playing with him. Maybe knowledge is not quite the right word but instead knows at least something of his personality and qualities as a captain from first hand experience.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    There's a reason why Huddersfield doesn't play Williams even though they're in dire need of a guy to recover in midfield & the coach is American: he's not that good.

Never been a fan of Acosta, but Williams wouldn't be an upgrade.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  24. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #49 TheHoustonHoyaFan, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    The reason Huddersfield doesn't play Williams is very simple. DWill broke his leg, was out for months and is not yet back to full fitness. He just went 60+ in a cup match 2 days ago.

The 29-year-old German midfielder returned to full training only last week after suffering a broken leg bone back in March

https://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-wagner-says-its-great-15061036

25. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Williams hasn't been playing because of an injury called a broken fibula.

I mean, I know you don't like our foreigners but please do better than demanding they play on a broken leg or they're "not that good".