Jimmy Conrad exposes Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any guy that can shoot down four out of five MiGs in a 5 on 1 dogfight is O.K. in my book. Just think what he could do on a soccer field?

Wolverines!

TOAzer, meyers, jaykoz3 and 1 other person repped this.
  2. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    So every NFL, MLB, NBA, etc., commentator is hired and paid by the league they cover? Were Stu and Edu paid by all European leagues for covering champions league for Foxsports as well? I don't think you know how this works. I am beginning to suspect you are not an attorney (to continue your court analogy). You certainly can't build a logical argument.

Your argument must not have merit if you must resort to sexist name calling.

Pathetic.

3. 70runner

70runner Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I keep reading MB90 did "just fine" the last 2 games. Against 2 totally overmatched opponents. T^T basically had no midfield and MB90 was at his backpassing best. At some point the US will encounter a team with a decent midfield, at which point MB90 will once again become a pylon. He has neither the speed or skill to handle capable midfielders.

Deep Wilcox and appwrangler repped this.
  4. appwrangler

appwrangler Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 18, 2018
    MB will beat those midfielders with experience and leadership. And if that doesn’t work, with caps.

yurch10 and TOAzer repped this.
  5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    And then back to nepotism as a last resort.

TOAzer and appwrangler repped this.
  6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    keep playing pretend oblivious.

name those two white guys in that picture I put up with Flynn and Gaber. When you do and understand the closeness they have/had with Flynn and Garber, you wont play pretend anymore.

7. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    I see FORMER ESPN president John Skipper, FORMER Fox Sports Exec David Nathanson, and Univision Deportes Pres Juan Carlos Rodriguez (why does he get a pass from your conspiracy?) This is a picture from the 2014 announcement of the MLS/U.S. Soccer tv deals.

Holy shit! Are you telling me that network execs attend press releases for TV contract announcements? I bet they don't do that for the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA Football and other major leagues! In fact MLS exerts so much influence, that all MLS games are carried on ESPN +, which I think 5 people and a random typing monkey subscribe to. SUCH POWER!

John Skipper has not been with ESPN or Disney for over 2 years, he has no influence with them, nor can I see any link to U.S. Soccer.

David Nathanson has not been involved with the TV side of Foxsports for more than 2 years. He is a board member of the United States Soccer Foundation, a separate entity from the Federation. He is part of the board that approved the lawsuit filed on behalf of the foundation AGAINST U.S. Soccer. If he is so in bed with MLS/USSF, then why didn't he resign his position when the lawsuit was filed? Unless he's a double agent - nefarious!

And again why does Rodriguez get a pass? Or are you afraid to talk about his involvement?

So BFD. TV Execs appearing in a picture announcing TV sports deal. You will have to provide reasoning and facts as to why MLS/USSF exert undue influence and more power than much larger sports leagues over TV execs and who they hire for broadcasts. Especially considering the total for the TV deal split among the 3 networks is worth $720 million over 8 years, while ESPN will pay $12.6 BILLION over 8 years to show NBA games through 2025. The soccer deal is peanuts compared to 1 league contract, let alone all the others. So why are you asserting MLS/SUM/USSF can exert greater power and control the overall narrative, even regarding who the networks hire?

And no X-Files/Flat Earther "the truth is out there if you look" excuses. I've searched and can't find it. So enlighten me. I will be the first to post here that you are right.

superdave, zhe fulano and jaykoz3 repped this.
  8. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "It's a conspiracy: C-O-N spiracy!"

I forget what comedy routine that came from.

9. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Ohhh man... You live in a bubble. Everyone is just business people and that's it..…………

So glad the NYT article came out, jay Berhalter hiring his brother was just a business coincidence as well. "CONSPIRACY"!

10. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    And you failed. You went for the X-Files answer.

The NYT article is a good article and points to a poorly run organization with a insular hierarchy.

I did the work you asked of me and researched the people in the picture. Tell me what you know about the picture and why USSF/MLS has control over ESPN and Fox programming and hiring decisions. Why do Dan Flynn and Don Garber have more influnce than NFL, MLB, NBA, etc?

11. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Yep! as expected Maurice Edu Blowing Bradley's horn as he is gonna be the "boss of the midfield" vs Mexico and is the USMNT quarterback. Totally ignoring Pulisic and Mckennie is what allows Bradley any decency with the space they give him.

P.S. So far I have been 100% correct on all my "conspiracy theories" dating back, years.

Still remember the day Bradley was giving the armband after a year away and walking to the corner flag in our finest hour. Been saying it for months before it happened.

BTW, look at all the analysts in Fox sports are paid stooges of the Arena and Bob Bradley era.

cant wait till Jay berhalter is CEO, after he hired the guy who hired his brother. good times head with tons of deflections.

Russel Canouse says Hello.

But as Glassdoor reviews will tell you, Nepotism is king.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just an act, right?

jaykoz3, Mr Martin and WrmBrnr repped this.
  13. appwrangler

appwrangler Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 18, 2018
    I agree with your post, but I’m wondering if this is an AI that has been fed other messages in the thread and just auto generated this one. :)

14. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley has played just fine in the role Berhalter has played him in.

Berhalter has put together a team that has shown that it can put together a few passes, generate some possession and score a few goals. I'm really liking the Arriola, Pulisic, McKinnie and Morris midfield. The questions we now face are: (1) whether this line up can generate offensive firepower consistently and (2) whether our backline can then hold up against top tier teams.

This Mexico team is not top tier, but they are 2nd tier and should not be underestimated. I predict that Martino will have Mexico press us high & tight. They'll keep it up hoping to disrupt any fluid possession by our guys. The pressure will continue until we burn them and/or their guys get tired.

Berhalter likes the buildup that starts with passing out of the back. That's Ream's game, but Bradley is extremely important schematically here, too. First, he will support the back four. Then, if he's able to connect to the midfielders, we'll do great. If he can't, we'll be in trouble.

Because he is obviously our best player, Pulisic will get the Cobi Jones treatment.

After all of the opinions on this and other threads, the bottom line is that we are playing for the Gold Cup title and Michael Bradley did his part on the field to help get us here. Now, it is on to Sunday and another Gold Cup title.

15. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    So what happens after the Gold Cup?

I myself as DCH1 is a witness to, was actually a proponent of Bradley being on this gold cup team, because I always liked how he treated the US-Mexico games like a real rivalry. But, it was more in a support role and then he should gracefully retire.

Does he continue to hang-around, after?

he did not earn his spot here with MLS play.

If this is Bradley's last game and Fox will continue to go all out "save his legacy" treatment, fine. legacy saved Mr. Bradley, thank you for your service. Now can we all then allow the natural progression of the next players like he was so easily given 12 years ago?...…

yurch10 and wrench repped this.
  16. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple. Had the U.S. flopped, the torches, pitchforks and guillotines would be coming out. But with the U.S. not having lost a game in the tournament and now playing for the Gold Cup Championship, Berhalter's reign is secure for now and his experiment will continue to play itself out.

Regardless of where U.S. fans stand divided - like on Bradley, Berhalter and other team-related issues - put those differences aside until Sunday and support all of these guys in their quest for another Gold Cup title.

17. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah....sure.... You know, Zhe' Fulano, that it is possible to hold five [or more] thoughts at once?
    First, "Yeah, go USA and beat Mexico!"
    Second, "Michael Bradley as a starter is sand in the engine of his team. If General Egg wanted to force an homage to 'The Hero of Couva' well, then, General, Mission Accomplished. Mr. Mediocrity did not prove fatal to making the final. Congrats."
    Third: "Berhalter was never going to be fired by the USSF at this stage of his tenure, even if the team had gone belly-up to Curacao. Brother .Berhalter.....er......Chicago House.... was not about to let a mere near two years of stagnation since failing to make the WC dissuade him from being his Brother's Keeper!".
    Fourth: "If this Gold Cup is styled as an experiment by General Egg, then what does General Egg take from this experiment as he reflects upon it after the fact? That's where the shit truly decides what to hit".
    .Fifth: "Setting aside all the crap about what happens as we prepare for WC qualifying, let's never forget, muchachos, that there is, on this Final Day, the glorious chance to carve into the Annals of History yet another Dos a Cero! "

18. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let the play on the field and the results speak for themselves. We'll all have more to talk about Sunday night.

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, he's not going to be fired because he clearly doesn't deserve it. :rolleyes:

zhe fulano repped this.
  20. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

was this not the last time Bradley played Mexico? Maybe I'm missing a game or two against them since, but I'd have 0 problem with him starting. He's been there, done that and has being playing okay to great in the role he's tasked with with the better players around him. Don't forget how long he carried the midfield. In McK and Pulisic he has some guys who are finally better than him

Mantis Toboggan M.D. and Mr Martin repped this.
  21. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmmm.... superdave can't read. If superdave could read, he would have been able to read. ""Berhalter was never going to be fired by the USSF at this stage of his tenure, even if the team had gone belly-up to Curacao. "

Now superdave sure can have his opinions, so superdave can go on to state that even if the team had gone belly-up to Curacao then General Egg "clearly doesn't deserve" to be fired. Heck, superdave could have doubled down on that riff and said the same even if the team had gone belly-up in the group round. In which case superdave would simply have been illustrating my point. That with his brother as one of his bosses, Berhalter was not going to be fired by his peeps in the USSF no matter what the hell happened at the Gold Cup.

22. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    LOL, I remember watching that live and yelling "GOD DAMMIT BRADLEY WHAT THE FXCK ARE YOU DOI...OH SHIT GOAL!!". The TV angle was too tight to see Ochoa off of his line.

Forgot how weak the crowd was at that game too.

23. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

nobody, LordofBrewtown and TOAzer repped this.
  24. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    What do Chris Armas, Kyle Beckerman and Michael Bradley have in common? They all played defensive midfield and they all got shat upon. It is a non-sexy position.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  25. LordofBrewtown

Wigan Athletic
    United States
    Nov 19, 2018
    Vehemently disagree. If you think he's been close to great in this role, I'm shocked. As someone posted above, I believe JJ was the better player. I find MB to be perhaps the most overrated US player of all time. He was briefly good (2010-2012ish); but, that was really more in an attacking role, when he had others (JJ, Beckerman, Edu, Clark) to cover him. Frankly, I've always thought JJ was forced to sacrifice his game for MB, and the US may have been better off without MB there (unless there were suspensions).