Jimmy Bullard to play for Germany

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by toonboy, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toonboy

toonboy Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Newcastle
    Jimmy waits on Klinsmann
    Sunday 19 Mar 2006

Wigan Athletic midfielder Jimmy Bullard has set his sights on the World Cup finals after getting the go ahead to represent Germany.

The 27-year-old has a German grandmother and, after enjoying an impressive first season in top-flight football, is hoping national team boss Jurgen Klinsmann will hand him a chance to prove himself on the world stage.

"The paperwork has been sorted and if Jurgen rang I'd definitely be interested," said Bullard.

"I used to play with England midfielder Frank Lampard at West Ham and the chance to face him in the World Cup would be too good to turn down."

However, Bullard is not looking to use the tournament as a springboard for a move to a more prestigious club.

He added: "I signed a three-year contract in the summer and I am enjoying every minute of it."

http://www.4thegame.com/club/wafc/news/187211/jimmy_waits_on_klinsmann.html

To be honest he'd do a good job for Germany, he has good technique, scores goals, and has a big heart. Given the squad England has he'd never get a game there, but I think he should be able to walk in the Germany side no bother.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

:rolleyes:

3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL. I so hope this is true.

4. chelodelgado

chelodelgado New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Sad but true. If he does play for Germany, he's probably the second best player after Ballack. Such is the terrible state of German football we have today. :(

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what are you people on? and give me two

6. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I know it's nonsense but it would be fantasticly funny if it's true.

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Can I have some of that?

8. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005
    ZZzzZZzz kids

this thing is a half year old or older :eek:

Klinsmann said, we dont need him and he dont want him .point.

9. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    bit early for april fools stuff isn't it?

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hehe..who is this guy? :rolleyes: :cool:

11. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else...

.... find it odd that Germany's top 5 forwards are all non-German naturalized citizens?

Kuranyi, Klose, Podolski, Asamoah, Neuville
    thay also dearlwanted that young Turk from Dortmud, now Bullards being mentioned?

Looks like Deutshland is having trouble producing its own talent?

12. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005
    this stupid jimmy bullard.. i cant hear him anymore.

Klinsmann said, some month ago, that he dont need him, he dont want him and he dont even know him.

there was other players BETTER players as these bullard.. Ailton(Bundesliga Topscorer 2003) wanted to play for germany, the german FA aid NO
    or Ismael from Bayern wanted to play for germany and the german FA said NO.

so ok, we dont have at the moment many really good players, we all know this, but the problem is.
    we always had good young talents without any youth systems and youth school like they have it in England or Holland. but the Germany FA works on it.

but when i look at germanys U21 it makes me very optimistic, because 90% of the players are regular starters at 1.Bundesliga clubs and 7-8 or players UNDER 22 years play in the A-Team of germany !!
    the U21 was on 1st position at the qualifiying for the U21 EU-Chamionsship in the coming summer, 2nd in that group was England.
    they kicked out czechs U21.

so, 2002 was germany in the finalgame of the WC with maybe the badest squad since 1950..hm..?i think the nations with "good" players should think about.

so. to our polish born players.
    Podolski and Klose are born there, Podolski in a part of poland who was former germany and both life since they are small kids in germany. i think podolski since he is 4 or 6 years old.

is it our problem that germany is a rich country and poland or turkey not?? and polands come to germany get a job, get some money, get a flat or a house?? Germany pays for them, that they can have a better live!!
    their kids say, yes we wanna play for germany, cause we've grown up here, we was in school here, our friends are german, we feel like german and we life like germans??

so.

how many Indians play in the US Team?? yes??
    they have 4-5 playes with german names and the rest are other europeans or africans, southamericans or asians.
    natural us-americans are the indians. the rest travelled from all over the world to usa.

in the starting 11 of France ar 8 black players! yeah all french people are naturally black ;)
    would germany play with 7 or 8 black players in the starting 11, the poeple would say, look at them those german buy their players in africa.

ok.
    lets take a look at argentina, the many of the team has italian names :eek: OH NO, they are not real agrentinians
    Burdisso
    Demichelis
    Coloccini
    Ponzio
    Scaloni
    Cambiasso
    and some more

whats up with Salomon Kalou and Holland?? hm??

its just because its germany and the people have something to talk bad about :D

13. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Re: Anyone else...

Kuranyi has a German parent and was not naturalized. He did, however, grow up in Brazil. Seems like he moved to Stuttgart when he was 15, but I am sure somebody else can help me fill in the blanks/correct me.

Also, you could argue that Germany is producing plenty of talent: Klose, Podolski, the young Turk Sahin all grew up in Germany. When did Asamoah come to Germany? And taking a look at some of the WC rosters will show that many have players that spent much of their youth in Germany. For example, the Kovac brothers and Ivan Klasnic for Croatia.
    The trend is that a lot of players that are being developed come from the various immigrant populations and have chosen, for whatever reason, to not play for Germany.
    But by taking a look at Germany U-21 team you can see that many are also choosing Germany instead of the country of their ancestors. http://www.dfb.de/dfb-team/u21/spieler/index.html

14. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar

no i find it odd you put kuranyi as the best german striker ;) :rolleyes:

15. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London

quite.

jimmy bullard is germany's best striker.

16. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defensive...defensive

First off, I did not rank Kuranyi as the top German striker, the list I wrote was more or less random (actually it was just in the order that I thought of them in my mind)

Also... I realize that naturalised citizens are part of the world game... and that yes the American team has depended on naturalised players (although much of that is over..... stayed tuned to see what type of impact Freddy Adu will have) Off the top of my head I think all of team USA will be American-born players this go round. If not all, then all but 1 or 2. Certainly equal or less than Italy, Germany, or France, or Portugal, or even England (Hargreaves pending)
    ....... With this said, I realize that people migrate and that in our world, especially in the "new" Europe, the lines between nations and the concept of nationalism is changing. We've seen the Netherlands and France depend on players from outside for the past 20 years. Realistically, neither team would be where they are without "foreign" players. And France probably would not have won in '98.

... and while I , of course, realize that it would be wrong to disclude players who have jumped through the hoops and earned citizenship, I was pointing out the oddity that the mighty Germans are now dependent upon players who are neither in actualy fact German or natural-born citizens. It seems to be a commentary on the state of the German game. I can tell by how defensive people have gotten and how people are cracking back with the lame "Indian" argument, that I might not be totally off-base.

And while yes, a lot of Americans have German, English, Irish, Polish, or whatever heritage... or that many Argentines have Italian ancestry, or many Brazilians African, etc. There is a big difference between someone being a fifth generation German-American, and two natural-born Brazilians gaining Tunisian citizenship. I just never would imagine that Germany would be so dependant upon such a situation.

I'm not saying its bad! There is no need to get defensive, I think the Germans can win this summer if all the dominoes fall right, and I would never say that Klose and Podolski SHOULD have played for Poland (thats their own personal decision, and I seems to remember a certain Nigerian playing for the Poles), I'm just trying to get used to watching a German team with names like Podolski & Asamoah along names like Schweinsteiger

17. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    i know lol im just kidding with you :p

18. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just want to correct you here. There is a lot of confusion over the term Indians. The inhabitants at the time of discovery of America by the Europeans were the Sioux, and other such tribes.
    Cristopher Columbus set sail from Portugal, and the king who financed him wanted him to find a sea route to India for trade purposes , as the only land route to India was from Asia minor, which was under the Ottoman people, and they did not permit European traders to travel. Columbus went westwards, thinking that he could find a sea route to India that way, and he eventually reached the North American continent. He encountered the natives there, and called them 'Indians' becuase he thought he had reached India. They must be called Red Indian or American Indian.

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Saw Jimmy Bullard play...WOW is he fast!!

He could be someone we could actually need....an Odonkor-type player but with more skills.

I dunno...he could be worth something

20. steveedster

steveedster Member

Feb 9, 2006
    he has really hit form lately, he scored a cracking volley in the game tonight for Wigan and another great goal last time out, surley he is worth a look for Germany??

21. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks, I was going to bring this up again.

Klinsman should absolutely take a look at him, heck, If there wasnt the problem of him not really knowing or having trained with the others in the NT, I'd call him up for sure.

He has been one of the best players in England this season and could be a real big asset for us this summer, a real workhorse of a player with a great right foot. He has some Didi in him plus super technique.

22. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany

Thats ********ing bull, written by idiotic english newspapers

When do people realize that the brits only write bull in there papers :)

We don't need a brit ...

23. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he is not goofd enough too make it even to the bench of germany+

24. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    this smacks of the clamour to include alan thompson in the england team because he'd kicked the ball into the net a couple of times with his left foot.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    actually I think he is. Klinsman doesn't really have that many quality players to choose from for the summer, and he has been one of the better players in the Premier League, why hasn't he looked at him earlier!?