Jetzt Neu: Germany National Team - Road to Rio 2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 31, 2015.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. ∆lemão

∆lemão Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Another win at Estádio Mineirão. German national sides are now 3-0 with 19-1 goals at this venue since 2014. There must be some sort of world record in there.

Bazi, icebreaker, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #428 hotjam2, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016

PS Herdman really needed to be beat; just read that he makes his squad watch UFC before a game. And it kinda shows........

4. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We already decided that if both win gold, we make German the official language in Brazil and Belo Horizonte as the capital

Bazi and White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I never though the Germans could go all the way to the final... well done tho and nice to see Schult showing off some of the things she can do in her first tournament as Germany's main goal keeper. Well the game between Sweden and Germany will be interesting because the Swedes may beat Germany on counters.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    but Neid please stop playing Leupolz as a winger because she clearly lacks pace..

btw how many times have the Germans beat the Swedes in tournaments? World Cup 2003 final, world cup last year...

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Most people went into this final run for Neid fearing the worst, and thanks to the competitions general weakness and some rather favorable knock out round opponents, Neid's final tournament in charge see's her 90 mins away from wining the only competition Germany's senior wnt haven't won...:speechless:

I'm still in the belief Schult will find herself battling for the #1 jersey once her biggest benefactor finally departs the scene...:whistling:, but she's typical strong with 1v1's, and come to the fore saving the day on the few occasions vs a Canadian side constantly running past the always worryingly porous defense stood in front of her.

So change the words may, to will, in your prediction of Sweden's abilities to use counter attacks effectively vs Germany's suspect back 4, and I feel a mixture of Schult and poor Swedish finishing may be Germany's biggest path to victory once more in this highly unexpected run towards a 1st place finish in Brazil.

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw Behringer is at 5 goals now and it is perfectly clear to me why

[​IMG]

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... everybody knows this, and yet she played Leupolz on the right, and Marozsan on the left, and both within a 4-4-2...:speechless:

Anyway, like I've said repeatedly about Neid's vision of Germany for the past few years, without key individual moments of excellence, your simply looking at a very average wnt completely incapable of doing things like wining Euro's, reaching WC semi's, and now an Olympic final.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany has quite good record against Sweden, I believe it's 4-1 since Euro 2013. The one loss was during group play at Algarve 2015, but that got revenge a week later in the bronze medal game. Sweden's been criticized for bunkering in the last couple of games, but they did that last year in the round of 16 game and still Germany swept them, 4-0. Sweden to their credit have added a couple of new, dangerous forwards this year in Rolfo & Blackstenius, but to make room, they've pulled back to midfield what I think's the fastest player in the world, Jacobbson. She's been no where near effective, since all of Sweden's mids essential have become a part of their bunkering system.

I feel Germany should have this game in the bag; they have the advantage of studying which way's Sweden's gk is going to turn if the game goes to pk's(though in all fairness, Shult lost the OL/WOB shootout). Sweden's bunkering was effective against the US & Brazil, but that was only cause those team's offense was a more one dimensional, direct attack straight up the center. If we try to simulate it in basketball terms; Sweden plays a well organized zone defense, so it's best in that case to kick the ball out and take long range shots. Maro, Behringer & Dabritz are more than capable of doing that(where as the US & Brazil didn't even attempt long range bombs)

I would beg to differ with Leupolz, and stick to what I said earlier, that the Laudher injury was a blessing in disguise. Laudher was such a non factor in Germany's last 3 games in the WC. With Leupolz adding to the 3 other BM starters, Behringer, Maier & Dabritz has added a bit of chemistry that might of been previously missing.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #436 Batfink, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    But hold on, Laudehr has been one of Germany's few consistently good players in this time of increasingly poor play, and outside of her best position (CM) it's not like Leupolz has done better as her 1st choice replacement Brazil either....:confused:

Däbritz has been fantastic in various positions for a team struggling with a clear/well defined system of play, and this is something which has made Laudehr a stand out for the national team over her entire career too, where wining tournaments as a CM, and still producing assists and goals as a wide forward/attacker has become the unheralded norm.

Didn't Neid just play Marozsan and Leupolz out wide vs Canada producing even more tepid results...? I'd rather see Leupolz play behind Popp than see her out wide, as she's never shown the movement or 1v1 skill to play out wide in such a rigid system like Neid's, looking completely fatigued around the 60 minutes in a game where Germany's wings produced NOTHING prior to Goeßling's introduction pushed Däbritz to the left.

I like Leupolz and see her having a significantly improved impact on the national team from a regular CM position, but all the cute selfies in the world aren't going to make me believe she's better than Laudehr lol.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and whoever said Kemme's actually been poor in this tournament, after watching my first 90 mins of this team with her playing, I think I finally understand what you were describing to me lol. Yes, both Kemme and Maier were at fault for many of Canada's best opportunities, so I'll take back some of my complaints about poor CB's and Behringer's irresponsible positioning.

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess Canada is the new no.1 rival from NA now

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that
    that 's S C A R R Y cuz from what I read; Herdmann hired this dude as his player's personal trainer

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If I had to choose between a sac of potatoes and Kemme at LB Id choose the potatoes

16. pikuchan

pikuchan Member+

Jul 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How the heck Mittag missed that...

17. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Press has been coaching her.

18. pikuchan

pikuchan Member+

Jul 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marozsan! Golazo! 1-0!

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sweden forced to play - no more bunkering the 0-0 result to get to penalties.

20. pikuchan

pikuchan Member+

Jul 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Own goal! 2-0!

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion