Jermaine Jones

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by nealesk, Jun 12, 2011.

1. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twitter is the worst invention in the last 20 years.
    Totally ridiculous.

2. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Yeah, it is. Jermaine and tweets has a lot of potential. First player I've seen protecting them though, maybe he wants to screen out Magath.

3. AEK21

AEK21 Member

Jul 23, 2009
    yea it should be epic

didn't he go onto the eintracht frankfurt message boards to let the fans know he was transferring

4. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The main question I have though for both Adu & Jones is they have switched there jersey numbers since they first played for the USMNT. I believe Jones original number was 15, & now its 13, while with Adu, I can't even recall his jersey number history, but now its 20. So what saying Jones won't switch his jersey number again right after the Gold Cup?

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Jones' preferred # is 13. I think he even has a tattoo.

6. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twitter is awesome.

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Some people think twitter is about people saying what they had for breakfast.

8. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think number priority has to do with seniority. Hence why Donovan used to be #10 when Reyna wasn't playing but when Reyna came back into the squad Donovan would wear #21.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Twitter is awesome if you use it right. I follow USA nats, well known soccer bloggers, and team's official twitters. I get a lot of team and players news which is nice. It's much simpler than googling all the news.

10. footbrawl

footbrawl Member

Jul 10, 2005
    San Diego
    Just had to say... I'm impressed with Jones so far. His work rate is sky high and his presence is felt in the midfield most of the time. Good stuff. :)

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those people are idiots.

12. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Can people who use twitter accurately be referred to as twits?

13. AEK21

AEK21 Member

Jul 23, 2009
    i believe the word you're looking for is twats

14. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The notion that I wanna know what these people are doing, or have on their minds, every 5 minutes is f-ing ridiculous.
    Yet another tech invention that is proving that the majority of human beings are brain-dead.
    Facebook is even pushing it but I'll only visit it about once a day but the people that are on there updating their status and posting their "thoughts" *gentle sigh* really need to swallow a gun.
    As you can probably tell, it's my firm belief that most of these "inventions" or "innovations" are not for the better'ment of mankind but for bored d-bags who wanna know everything, allday, everyday at every hour.
    Get off your damn blackberry/computer/cellphone and take a walk, pick up a phone or engage in some actual human contact for krists sake.
    Okay, rant over.

15. ScrappytheSeal4

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contradictory?

The only people I could understand not liking, or even as far as hating, facebook or twitter are people who are 50+ years old and it's just that time in their life where they think they're supposed to hate all new inventions; or people who have no friends to talk to with these forms of social media.

Though my argument is truly no match for someone who points out that a bunch of brain-dead humans are thirsty for knowledge.

16. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geee this debate about twitter is soooooooo fascinating I almost regret bringing it back to the topic... but could we do it anyway? ;)

17. ScrappytheSeal4

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a futile attempt to argue for anyone who wastes their time in an argument about twitter, facebook, etc. (which I'm now a part of so I must defend in some way) how about.....it's a way to pass time until the USA - Mexico match without discussing the same things people have been talking about all tournament and you don't get as nervous about the game while discussing these topics..

Well it was worth a shot.

18. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you :) Still, I think there's enough fresh stuff about Jones to keep talking about... like the interview I posted ;)

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1763343

19. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...............or maybe people that like going out into fresh oxygen?
    Don't get me wrong, youtube is fantastic, most message-boards have alot to offer, ie. the exchange of ideas and thoughts, but these social media sites like facebook and twitter simply bring the obnoxious freaks of the world out into the open.

"Hey, I want you to add me as your friend on facebook despite the fact that we only shared that one class at the local community college, but I thought we really clicked, and I want you to see (and comment on) my pics of all 300 of my dogs and cats and I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the sh!tty poetry that I'm attempting to publish, don't you like me, do you, DO YOU?!?!?!?!?! Look at me I'm an attention whore...........wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

Good stuff man, thank you facebook and twitter.

20. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You work in a cubicle in the Pacific Northwest, don't you?

21. aquablue

aquablue Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Hang on, is Facebook for making new friends or for talking only to existing friends?

I don't use it 'cause none of the people I know do. It seems like it is not a place to meet NEW people, so what is the use?

22. ScrappytheSeal4

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a place to communicate with your friends that you already have. If the friends you have don't use it, you having one wouldn't be of much use.

23. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another exerpt from the wonderful world of facebook.

"Hey, remember me, Aunt Anita? I know we haven't spoken in 10 years but I heard that you were doing good and I wanted to know if I could borrow a couple hundred bucks? You have to trust me, it's for good reasons.
    I know that whole, me being arrested for cooking meth in the basement a few years back might scare you off but please, I really, REALLY need it *creepy snicker while she scratches at her face*, it's for a new business venture. Text me back if it's cool, I'm waiting at the Western Union here in the grocery store, HURRY!!!!!!!!"

Good stuff man; thank you facebook.

24. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scrappy works for Google.
    lol

Weren't we talking about Jermaine Jones or soccer or something?

25. spike

spike Member

Feb 22, 2001
    Tejas
    You tell us. "I just love random comments." :rolleyes: