Jermaine Jones

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by nealesk, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SoccerBiz

SoccerBiz Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally love Jones. His performance against Jamaica was unbelievable. He was all over the field and put himself into more scoring positions than he has in all other games combined. He was a man possessed. I love his attitude as it is necessary in sports to show emotion. He made Bradley look very poor against Jamaica and not because Michael played badly...but because Jermaine played that well.

I am currently biased because the last game he played was by far his best and his first hand full did not say a whole lot, but if he plays close to that for the rest of his USMNT career we could see a lot of wins because of it.

He took those emotions from the group stages and turned in the performance Americans can be inspired by.

2. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Jones put his hand on his chest every single National anthem that I can remember. Only Altidore doesn't do it and recently Agudelo.

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Honestly as long as they are wearing the colors of USA then does it really matter if they have their hand over their heart? Then again, I am from Czech and I don't put my hand over my heart in the anthem but it doesn't mean I don't love this country. If I could represent this nation I would even though I was born elsewhere.

4. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    I don't put my hand over my heart. I'm usually holding up a scarf or waving a flag or something. In fact, most teams don't put their hands over their heart. Must be a North American thing. It just sticks out when all the other players do it, but there's nothing strange about it.

And for the last time...JONES DOES PUT HIS HAND OVER HIS PRECIOUS LITTLE GERMAN HEART.

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I must have missed this, because earlier in the Gold Cup he was holding his pec for the anthem. Did Jozy and Juan talk him out of it in the last game?

6. Gooch_Onyewu

Gooch_Onyewu Member

Jan 30, 2008
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Jamaica game and Jones had his hand over his heart. Altidore didn't.

7. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jozy's a terrorist

8. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Who cares if someone is putting their hand over their hearts? It's America,it's suppose to be ok to not do that. Jones did put his hand over heart the one time I actually cared to pay attention, that's saying a lot from a person that was raised in Germany. As long as he brings it, and leaves it all on the field that's all that matters to me.

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I love this thread.:D

10. Dogmatagram

Dogmatagram Member

Jun 3, 2006
    When people like you post this kind of thing I usually wonder whether your a dick in real life and figure you're probably just dysfunctional on certain levels.

11. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously, when did Jones yell at his teammates?

Also, this means Tim Howard must REEEAAAALLLYY piss you off

12. ScrappytheSeal4

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

Choctaw

13. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    Jermaine Jones has done well and I (like many) would like to see him paired with Edu for a match. now that would be real courage of dad.

In the last match vs Jamaica, Jones spent a lot of time on theatrics that will not serve him or the squad well in the long run. The sending off for the red was just plain wrong and the multiple failings are tiresome. I hope Jones grows out of that part of game.

14. GodJesus

GodJesus New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Frankly, I resent Jones for taking up a roster spot that should go to Maurice Edu. All this talk about Jones vs Bob is a red herring when in fact Jones owes his even being in the starting XI to Bob's incompetence.

Just because this guy plays for a decent club in a strong league, we're supposed to hand him a starting spot for the US like it's his god-damned right? And when the team struggles mightily with him on it, he's exempted from criticism or blame because he threw a pissy little fit and because he sings the god-damned national anthem? What has this guy ever done that's been even remotely noteworthy? This is an honest question. I have never seen him show anything that can pretend to rise above average.

Jones is twenty nine years old. Whatever he's doing, he's got it pretty well figured out at this point. That he decided to dive pointlessly rather than actually finish his run on goal speaks volumes about his character as a player.

15. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones is patriotic, Jozy isn't

16. ignatz brick

ignatz brick Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the Spain game was bad but that doesn't mean we get to pretend it didn't happen.

17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Umm, he's proven more in Europe than Landycakes.

Have you watched any Barca games? I'm no fan of them, but how about suffering through one of those and then tell me how little 'character' JJ has.

This team/fans needs to be more welcoming of these European dual citizens, anything otherwise would be counterproductive IMHO.

18. perspixx

perspixx Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Temecula, Calif.
    We don't need to just welcome them, we need to seek them out and if need be, create more of them.

In fact, it is the patriotic duty of every African-American member of the United States Armed Forces stationed in Germany to impregnate German women.

By the time the 2034 World Cup rolls around, we could have an army of 22-year-old half-American, half-German super soldier national team players.

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

[​IMG]

Winning:rolleyes: Your multiple generalizations are astounding...

20. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google reductio ad absurdem.

Then google "sarcasm".

KTHXBAI

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So.......................you resent Jones because he's taking a starting spot for Edu?
    You can't be serious.
    Edu is still a huge part of this team, whether it be starting or being first off the bench, but if Bradley was that high on Edu, he'd be starting over Jones or Bradley for that matter.

23. nealesk

nealesk Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Santa Fe, NM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want a Jones jersey. I freaking can't get enough of this guy. He rules, his passion, strength, pissed off hellbreathing attitude is AWESOME for this lacsidasical lazy team.

they all remind me of B Bradley, freaking robots. One reason why I've always enjoyed Clint so much. SHOW SOME FREAKING PASSION this is the US MENS NATIONAL TEAM show me you care please

24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Repped

MLS Success isn't enough...Americans Abroad is where you are going to find players that have a different vision and philosophy of the game. What has been isn't working...

25. Dogmatagram

Dogmatagram Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Actually, what I said in my post is that I like that trait in Jones -- the willingness to yell at a teammate for blowing an assignment. I do wonder if Howard goes a bit too far at times, but I presume not given his success. And I don't particularly care.

I was at the Jamaica match and saw Jones yelling at either Dempsey or Lichaj for leaving the left flank exposed.