Jeremiah White at AGF Aarhus [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Ceres, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  2. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you have no idea what you are talking about. Zero. It is not about the reps. You really think that Frankie Hejduk did not practice hard?

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I translated a few of the reports and it always seemed like JW was either the top man or near the top. Surprised at his ratings.

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    No.

I think Frankie never played with a brain, which is pretty much what Arena said about him.

And, yes, Jerry needs reps, Mr. Sockpuppet.

5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, according to the average ratings by the supporters he was the top man against Herfølge (9.0), 2nd best away against Lyngby (8.2), a shared 3rd in the away match against SønderjyskE (8.5), about average (it says well done) in the match against Fredericia (7.1).... and then nothing seemed to work for him in the last away match in Køge (6.5).

6. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you post obsessively, like a nervous tic, look up every concievable fact about every concievable thing. But still, you post like someone who knows nothing about PLAYING soccer.
    It is not about the reps as much as talent. The reps can get you a little sharper but the reps, the orange cones, really can't make you a good ball handler. Tab Ramos once said, in a statement that anyone who has actually played would agree with,"if you are not a good dribbler by the time you are 12-14 you will never be a good dribbler".

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought by reps he meant, playing games not skill work or practice time.

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Exactly.

BTW, Bruce, I post obsessively?

You mean, like I spend countless hours on sliming Oguchi Onyewu?

9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    yes, such slime as: he is strong but awkward. Lacks agility. Awful stuff. Really obscene.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stay on topic.

Ceres,

how does it look for AGF and Fredericia for the next few games?

11. SomeKindofStranger

SomeKindofStranger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    moved to Kiel - home
    Your obsession with picking a fight with SFS has clouded your mind. Both panic and I were able to glean from his post about Jeremiah that he's got the skills already and he needs to now work on his soccer brain.

I've seen JW play five times now in Europe - he has got really good ball skills, a decent cross and a great shot, but he can sometimes get taken out of the game physically. I'm surprised he hasn't scored more goals for AGF.

Anyway, can you not ruin this thread like you do in OO threads?

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AGF won 1-0 today. Fredericia tied, AGF is ahead on a goal differential of 1 over Fred.

13. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    It was a fairly good match by AGF, though it was difficult to break down the Thisted 9 men defense and only being 1 goal up, the last 10 minutes became a bit too nerve wrecking, because the AGF players got nervous and let Thisted get two big opportunities they really should not have been allowed to produce.

Jeremiah White got to play the last 30 minutes or so in right wing position, but did not get to show much, except that he did manage to make a secondary assist by a long throw-in that was flicked on by Ole Budtz right to Graulund who then scored the winning goal.
    ---

Viasat Sport Division, (round 26 of 30) :

AGF v Thisted 1-0 (0-0)
    1-0 Peter Graulund (72')
    Attendance: 9,187

AGF lineup (4-4-2):

................................. Steffen Rasmussen (24)

F. Krabbe (19).. Ole Budtz (28).. Anders Kure (21).. M. Lumb (19)

Svenne Poulsen (26).. Kári Árnason (24).. J. Gjesing (21).. L. Pleidrup (25)

................. Peter Sand (34)... Peter Graulund (30)

Subs:
    Anders Kure / Jeremiah White (63')
    Svenne Poulsen / Mike Tullberg (77')
    ---

Thisted FC (4-5-1):
    Martin Jespersen - Jesper Overgaard (80: Tommy Markussen), Kingsley "Mojo" Onyenekwe, Bobo Niambele, Andreas B. Kristiansen - Simon Josefesen, Ronni Bagge, Bo Thomsen (69: Daniel Kristensen), Jeppe Mehl, Peter Beckmann - Mickey Berg (74: Tonny Jensen)

Fredericia did not manage to win away vs. AB, so AGF are back in 2nd spot with only 4 rounds left to play :) ..

http://www.bolddk.com/statistik/tabel.php?liga=2

14. SomeKindofStranger

SomeKindofStranger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    moved to Kiel - home
    So JW can't even start for a 2nd division Danish club anymore? wow

15. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I dont think ther was any doubt that he was going to play the last 30 minutes, and that it was for tactical reasons he didnt play from start, because Thisted are very defensive minded and physical strong.

Both Árnason and Gjesing are defensive midfielders by nature and Svenne Poulsen is not really a right winger, but more of a creative and clever playing central midfielder, so while Árnason and Gjesing were cleaning up and doing the dirty work, he was mainly used to get more flow in central midfield and not really staying all that much in right wing position. Then as the Thisted players grew more tired in the 2nd half, the plan was to use a quick Jeremiah White and also add some extra power in attack (Mike Tullberg)

16. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it is, I think this is the first time since he's arrived that he hasn't started. And he's been playing with a minor injury for the last few weeks, IIRC.

17. flux82

flux82 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Mississippi
    Is it just me, or is it every time a Yank abroad doesn't start, someone comes out to the woodwork and rags him? I mean, he still played, so he is not in the dog house or anything. Most players do not start every single time. Most EPL teams, for example, start different players depending who they are playing and the tactics they are using that day. If it becomes a trend, then we have a problem. But one sub appearance is not necessarily doomsday for the kid.

18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I notice it, too. I don't know if it's from over confidence in players or lack of confidence in our players. I have figured it out. It probably depends on the player.

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Quite right, and AGF is by far the biggest club in 1st division and got the most expensive squad, so they actually do have players of Superliga quality like Svenne Poulsen, warming the bench. Before this match the AGF coach also said that Svenne Poulsen was in need of playing some games.
    ----

Btw, the AGF 2nd team is close to promotion to the Danish 2nd division (3rd level) :

http://www.bolddk.com/statistik/tabel.php?liga=188&saeson=38&program=fuldt

However, for AGF II to get promoted, AGF also need to get promoted to the Superliga, otherwise AGF II will (according to the rules) not be allowed by the Danish FA to get promoted to the Danish 2nd div.

20. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Promotion or no promotion, that is the question

http://www.bolddk.com/statistik/tabel.php?liga=2&saeson=38&program=fuldt

As you can see in the link above, then ther are only 4 rounds left to play in the Danish Viasat Sport Division this season, so who are going to get promoted ?..

Lyngby got a very young and talented team, so they could get nervous and get "rubber-legs" (as it is called in Denmark) now that they are so close to promotion but at the same time not doing all too well of lately.

Lyngby's next match is away against a Frem team who have only lost 1 match at home so far this season. Then Lyngby got to face AB at home, Aarhus Fremad away and Herfølge at home.. Except for Frem and Aarhus Fremad, then it does not look too difficult, but then AB are fighting to escape relegation, so who knows..

The part-time professionals/amateurs from Fredericia are not all that good away, but at this 1st division level they are a solid looking team, consistent and they have some very sharp forwards. However, they do not have the quality to play Superliga, or the $$ needed to reinforce the team to get ready for the Superliga. So it would neither be good for Fredericia or the Superliga if they got promoted.

Fredericias next game is away against Herfølge and they are a very good at home, so this will be a difficult match for Fredericia.. AGF are to face Ølstykke at home in Aarhus, but this match has been moved to June 13 by the Danish FA, because AGF got several youth internationals in the squad and both the Danish U19 NT and U21 NT are to play Euro qualifiers on May 31, June 2, June 5 and June 6.

This ofcause could become a bit of a problem for AGF if Fredericia manage to beat Herfølge. Then the AGF players would feel more pressure to win their last games, while it on the other hand could ease the pressure quite a bit and be to the advantage of AGF to have this match in hand, if Fredericia lose away to Herfølge.

Otherwise, the full-time professionals from SønderjyskE now finally seem to be back on track. Too late to win promotion, but not too late to do some damage when they face Fredericia away in round 28. In the same round AGF got a fairly difficult away match in Næstved, though I think AGF should be able to win this, since Næstved actually are slightly better away than at home. Then AGF should also be able to beat Ølstykke at home fairly easy, I hope, but then as written, it probably depend on how much pressure ther is on the team to win this match.

In round 29 it is Fredericias turn to face Næstved, but at home, so this is not an easy match at all, while AGF got a very tough away match in Kolding.

The last match for Fredericia is away vs. the other Aarhus team Brabrand, who are very tough to beat in Aarhus... That is, if Brabrand are not relegated at that point in time. AGF face HIK at home in Aarhus, and HIK is one of the absolute poorest away teams in this Division..

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for posting that Ceres. Good info.

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  24. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy do I hope AGF gets promoted!

It's funny how you find yourself rooting for a random team halfway across the world in Denmark even when you really know nothing of the team's history, city location, current squad, et cetera. That's the beauty of having Yanks Abroad though, it gets you interested.

25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, to add a small history lesson about the team, then AGF Aarhus of 1880 is the 2nd oldest club in Denmark, behind the oldest club in Scandinavia, KB of 1876 (KB is btw also the oldest club in Europe outside the British isles), but since KB was a part of the merge that became FC København in 1992, then they are now the FCK 2nd and youth team(s) and playing Danish 2nd division (3rd level) at best. So by rooting for AGF then you are infact also rooting for the oldest "top" club in Scandinavia.