Jemal Johnson-MK Dons vs. Notts County

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by new_skin, Sep 7, 2007.

1. new_skin

new_skin Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MK up 1-0, Johnson comes in as a second-half sub.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dons scored 2 more goals after Jemal was inserted. I dunno his involvement (he didn't score).

Please move it to the new subforum, too. (and put R in the title?). Thanks.

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone cares, Dons won 3-0. http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10420~37561,00.html

This is what they had to say about Jemaln Johnson. Not the best praise, but not bad I guess.

"Knight ran on to substitute Jemal Johnson's pass to force Pilkington into another save while the best County could manage was a weak effort from Lee that Gueret could have saved in his sleep."

"Eager to impress and doing a decent job, Johnson fought his way inside past Mayo to curl a shot just wide as his pace and strength caused problems."

Kinda sad that Johnson had such a limited and tepid performance for a League Whatever club, but I guess he needs to work his way back.

4. mattie g

mattie g Member

Nov 12, 1999
    Northern VA
    I'd argue that someone saying that he did a decent job of impressing while his "pace and strength caused problems" doesn't exactly translate into his having a "tepid performance".

You're right, though, in that he needs to work his way up. He has a lot of potential and hopefully he can prove it on the League Two stage and help MK Dons in their promotion push to League One.