Jefferson Lerma - News and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is why Pekerman got fired haha.... the losers at Win sports seem to think he is a shit player because he never played at Nacional

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lerman earned the winning pk

3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Lerma was solid, did his job defensively and made himself available for posession, basically joint highest passes in the team. He earned the pk being a pest and getting under the CB's skin who then stupidly hit him on the corner. Overall he's solid in the double pivot would like to see him play as a single CDM to see how he does there, but in games where we need to play more defensive I think he'd be a much better option beside a guy like Barrios then Sanchez, he just is a lot more comfortable on the ball and linking up play.

Furnaccio repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want to see Lerma with Uribe.

Cuellar with Uribe as well

Want to see us play a top team and try a
    Lerma - Cuellar

I think Lerma is better then Barrios just doesn’t have the Boca Juniors hype....

Barrios head butts are scaring me

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    You're entitled to your opinion but there is no credible argument for Lerma being better then Barrios other then blindly saying he's in a better league. Lerma is a good player, but Barrios has been the best player on the field for Boca game after game and had great performances for Colombia when he wasn't sat behind Sanchez. He's a better destroyer, and is better in posession not a knock on Lerma but Barrios is just really good.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #631 pepinointer, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    another pathetic post, based on ignorance.

Barrios , boca hype?? have you watched a match of him??? you destroyed and dicredited the careers of our players.....because you want and you dont follow how they play. Respect our players and especially the one

The guy had in the world cup more succesfuls recovers than Kante...and all other player.

How many red cards have barrios??? you talk and talk....lerma have had more actually. Lerma in world cup honestly was very shy.........no evidence he played better than barrios .....the matches he started wer worse actually.

It seems like crzd got another scaping goat to bitch everyday......

Dont see lerma in thios ranking actually....

[​IMG]

Azucarero repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The head butt and the punch last game has me worried about Barrios. I also really liked Lerma last season he just needs to be given a shot with the starting line up.

Same as Cuellar. But instead of Barrios not with. But then a game with Cuellar/Lerma with Barrios in a more defensive line up.

I like Barrios but want to see other options. Those options I want to see being given a fair shot in the correct positon. We can see how the team works with players a bit more offensive but still very good defensively.

Players get injured or carded and considering the temper Barrios showed in the past 2/3 games I think it’s smart to look. Barrios isn’t a James or Mina level talent to not give others a shot

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In this moment bench wilmar with his current level that is TOP isnt logic to bench him...jus t because you decided to hate him as you do it with players.

Lerma recived shot in the starting line up in world cup.....isnt like he have been ignored.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can we try him as a lateral? He's done it before..

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I agree with giving other players a look, sorting out depth is definitely a good thing I just disagree with him being a better player. The hot head stuff for sure could be an issue but that's separate from how good they are as a player ability wise. Really my main issue is I haven't seen Lerma play as a destroyer as the single CDM, he's been playing CM usually in a 2 man central midfield for his clubs, so if we play say a 4-2-2-2 I think he'd be perfectly suited, if we play a 4-3-3 or some other variation with one player sitting and holding I think it would be a good idea to see him play there for us so we can get a good idea how he'll look in that scenario or if we need to have Cuellar ahead of his for that formation.

Azucarero repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rather bring in an actual RB tho. I get calling him for the WC as a backup RB but in friendlies we can call 80 people if we felt like it.

Calling up players like Balanta and Medina just because they can play 2-3 positions none well only makes sense when you have a 23 player roster. So we need to see if he or Cuellar should be Barrios sub.

Also not saying bench Barrios. It’s a friendly !!!! Try another player in the same spot. With the main roster.

You can also be a bit more respectful when disagreeing you make it sound like I want to bench him for Dieder Moreno

HomietheClown repped this.
  12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Who cares? If he's the best option, he's the best option. Honestly, I think Lerma is our next best RB...

pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree with Crzd that I would like to see Lerma start with Uribe.
    I like his style of game a bit better than Barrios but Barrios is solid.
    Good problem to have when you can chose between those two.

14. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’d still choose Barrios over Lerma just cause of Wilmar’s ability to keep possession under pressure and always seems to wiggle his way around between the defense and midfield. Lerma just seems to be a second too late under pressure from what I’ve seen but he’s definitely got the edge on passing and going forward. Wish he’d evolve into a Box to Box because I’d love to see a midfield with Barrios, Uribe & Lerma.

villus repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the point Crzd and I are trying to say is that Lerma really has not had a chance to start at DM next to a player like Uribe. He mostly has been used as a bench player RB. And played as a third DM in a weird defensive mid against England.
    Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do within his natural position.

Furnaccio repped this.
  16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    This is my same read, they are different styles of players Lerma is used to making himself available and working in the half spaces on the right or the left and will get forward to support more, Barrios just sits and is a great anchor to let other players move forward. Barrios is more press resistant as you describe which is very valueable the big tactic these days is teams that press high up the field and Barrios ability to deal with that pressure allows your team to create a lot of space for your attackers up the field by the attracting and breaking the pressure. Its one of the reasons why Busquets for Barca is the best CDM for attacking a posession based attacking team, he just breaks the press over and over. This is why I see Barrios having a big future at a big club in the future, that skill set combined with his great defensive coverage is hard to come by.

Azucarero repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think people are confusing Barrios' game with Boca with his game with the Seleccion.

I have seen Barrios pass the ball poorly for Colombia when pressed,
    But maybe I am being picky.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My issue with Barrios is his temper. I also think Lerma is better offensively. Both to me are god sends compared to Carlos Sanchez. I don’t mind being a little bit weaker defensively if we have a better chance to score.

Lerma was tired with 3 DMs, at RB and as a DM next to Carlos Sanchez.

Barrios was also shit with Sanchez next to him as well and has had a ton of chances. Wasn’t till he played with Abel or Uribe that he started looking more like the Boca player.

Also unpopular but Boca is more agreesive and attacking then our current or previous coaches are. They also play clearly weaker teams. Something we don’t.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #644 pepinointer, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Ton of chances?? Barrioos only have had 15 caps..........3 in world cup and 3 in wcq. (20 minutes in two).............

Lerma has 9 matches with nt.........3 in world cup .............not a lot of difference.

Always with your innacurate information.

More than unpopular opinion, is FALSE it just show how you watch too little football and less boca matches.......Boca isnt an agrressive and attacking team.....they dont even have a good coach........guillermo is a disisater and boca pPLAYS HORRIBLE...........but you make post based in ignorance.

Did you watch the match of libertadores agaisnt cruzeiro?? do you think cruzeiro is weak team??? ...

You are entitlted to an opinion.........but why USE FALSE FACTS AND LIES.........dont understand your plan to scape goat barrios, as awlays??? im thinking tthat is racial issue........first with la roca now with barrios...

Barrios was one of the best colombian players in the world cup and crzd now decided to say that he plays good with weak team and that is boca hype.

the bug problem of not watch matches and keep with follow.....saying that boca is aggresive and attacking just show on evidence how you make statement based in all less in football watching.

20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yes Lerma is better offensively because he isn't a pure CDM he plays as a CM, playing the position he did in the England game isn't that far from the position he plays regularly a CM in a midfield 3. You don't want your CDM venturing forward so it doesn't make sense to compare him to Barrios in that sense, they are different players for different systems as of right now and imo Barrios is better on the ball deeper, Lerma better higher but that's because of where they typically are picking up the ball in games and where they are involved in play.

Azucarero repped this.
  21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lerma ayer clave en la goleada por 0-4 ante Watford. Excelente anticipando y en la distribuciòn muy bien. La Premier League le va como anillo al dedo, està en un gran nivel, yo espero verlo asi sea un partido en su posiciòn natural con la selecciòn para que la gente que habla mal de él se queden con la jeta cerrada.

kromekote, ryu79 and pepinointer repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Al parecer les dolio mucho a gente de federacion que alguien como lerma que ha hecho su carrera solo....lo hayan llevafo

kromekote, Baal88 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup.... they are jamming down 3 trash players from Nacional down our throats but Lerma is the reason Pekerman needed to be let go. I am not going to lie and say I didn’t want him gone but because he liked Lerma and Izquerido is laughable.

Is Pasqual Lermas agent? I still don’t get the Lerma/Pekerman/Pasqual drama. I think a player who goes from Huila to Spain because of good scouting. Has 2 great seasons and goes to the EPL for 30 million. Is an incredible story.

Furnaccio repped this.
  24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Eso parece. Ahora aparte de jugar en Europa tambien deben tener cachè y jugar en un equipo grande. Manada de petardos, no solo la gente de la federaciòn sino tambien los fanaticos colombianos.

kromekote, J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I would hate to thing this is the case. HOWEVER, if there is a silver lining, Roca, was a Pinto find and really no one ever knew. Truth is, that's why Reyes is beyond his pay scale at the moment. When you have a DT with leverage than he can make choices.