Jefferson Lerma - News and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Muy buen partido de Lerma hoy en el empate contra Deportivo. Jugó todo el partido y por arriba nuevamente impasable, además está llegando bastante al área contraria, recuperando balones en la cancha del rival. Sin duda este man va a ser el reemplazo de Carlitos Sánchez después del mundial.

lurkerhp repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Podria jugar al lado de Wilmar?? o son muy similares

3. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo no creo. Tienen perfiles similares, a pesar de que son buenos pasadores y que cuando pueden suben a atacar, siguen siendo más defensivos que mixtos. Para mi ese puesto de mixto debería ser de Cuéllar, pero tiene que consolidarse.

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hoy Lerma titular contra Real Madrid. El man va a ejercer de medio creativo, pues el stopper del equipo va a ser Pier y el media punta Campaña. Es un poco defensivo pero vamos a ver si son capaces de hacer un partido digno en el Bernabéu.

5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #280 Baal88, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Victoria parcial de Levante contra Madrid. Gol de Ivi.

Empate del Madrid. Lucas.

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Amarilla para Lerma y final del primer tiempo, empate 1-1. Gran partido del Levante y buen partido de Lerma, mostrándose siempre como opción para sus compañeros y luchando cada bola.

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Empate de Levante en el Bernabeu. Muy serio todo el equipo y Lerma en el top 3 del equipo. Marcelo le hizo una falta que le costó la expulsión. Marcelo le pateó la cabeza.

lurkerhp repped this.
  8. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tiene salida este Man? Puede remplazar a Abel?

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Can't say it enough. I love the way this kid plays.

I hope he get's called up soon.

11. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What I like about Lerma is that he doesn't hide, if the game needs to be rough he is physically capable of being very rough, and if there is space to play he is good enough to make a good pass. Besides his way of marking can be very annoying to the rival.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Personality. And he is tough as nails. And his skill in tight spaces will be useful. Although he sometimes over does things a bit but as we saw in the video, he compensates for his mistakes with hustle.

13. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wasn't rooting for him today but the kid plays with heart. Also pissed he had one the best dives of the la Liga season so far to get Ramos a yellow lol.

All jokes aside tho I still see more of a Sanchez in him then Abel. He's very good defensively but not necessarily going to fix the midfield issues.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This may be true, but I do like his outlet pelotazo long ball passes he has made over his career. I can see guys like Izquierdo or Chara flourishing with long passes he can make.

Azucarero repped this.
  15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah, He was responsible for the three cards that Madrid received this game.

And he isn't Abel's replacement. He is creative but isn't the guy that will take the best moment to do that pass that we lack. His passing range is very english in my opinion, he isn't a short passing player.

16. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Please no to Chara. I'm rooting for Izquierdo and Marlos to have a breakout season.

pepinointer, Azucarero and Cruzifero repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope for Marlos too but I think Chara has a leg up right now.

18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chars isn't by far a great player. But he fits in well with the current system. As for his movement I refer too... but I don't think he's someone we can depend on scoring. Izquierdo seems more viable if he can gel in.

pepinointer repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'd only seen glimpses of Lerma in the past but watched this match and I'm shocked this kid's not getting more press. He is a gem of a player in a position where we seem to have a lot more questions than answers. A box to box MF that seems to be always well positioned. Unfortunately, with 2 to go, I don't see Pekerman changing anything/taking any more risk than he has to, specially in Baranquilla. However, if we do secure the 3 points and the results help us secure our spot in the WC than I would lobe to see Lerma slotted next with one of our more defensive MFs in Peru.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  20. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He could be one of those players that make it to Russia without playing qualifiers. He's quick, tall, covers a lot of ground, and polyfunctional.

He can play box to box, defensive mid, and he has played right back for Levante in emergencies.

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Everything's worth a try...but I'd be very surprised if that turns out well. His best attribute is his ability to cover every blade of grass. Put a DM next to him and I feel you take away a key component to his game and ask him to be the link in the midfield, which he typically isn't...

pepinointer repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I get what you mean but I think the truly best teams have the ability to start the attack from any part of the field (and defend from any part of the field). Otherwise, you can become way too inflexible, predictable and easier to anticipate. The best Chile would have Medel sometimes be pushing high even though he was the rock at center back. Isla and Jara would do the same with a Vidal that would run every blade of grass as you say. The function of their team, at their best ,was attacking with as many as 5-6 in the opponents box with a high pressing from every side. Their futbol was geared to go full throttle and capture early lead and goals because they knew that the tempo couldn't be maintained for a full 90+. Colombia on the other hand becomes very passive in attack and in defense. Yes, the link up MF is nonexistent hence why Carlos Sanchez sometimes gets caught doing more than he's able to but in essence having the quickness and agility in the MF is what will allow us to attack.

But our defense can be very flat footed, something that the likes of DSanchez and Yerry Mina do well is their ability to play ball at their feet. They are pretty patient and can score. If we are able to make adjustments with the likes of a Lerma, keep Fabra and Arias, we don't have to follow the typical motion of Defender to DFM to James or Cardona --this is what everyone expects. In theory, that 1st connection from defense needs to take the space they're given with a game plan with what happens when we lose the ball in our half. Right now, most of the players are playing very compact but rarely does our defensive line of MFs and even defenders get involved in the play. That's why we're all so goo goo over Chara because it feels like he's running, running, running compared to most of the others that are trotting --albeit he's running to la la land at times. The only other guy running from left to right is Falcao but James, Cardona and Cuadrado don't seem to take the space (Off the ball) they are given and with the exception of Cuadrado, James/Cardona aren't speedstes. That's why Cuadrado has been such a disappointment because if he just played some simple futbol with the likes of Cardona and James to exploit his speed and his 1 v1 intuitiveness he would be a much better player for our NT. Yet, he has only scored 7 goals (5 from friendlies) in 67 appearances. Having that deeper MF (Lerma) gives us that one more option to attack.

Is it me or did he have a horrid Olympics?

23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #298 Baal88, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    He only played one Game as a starter (Brazil) and was as horrible as the rest. He is in my opinion a New Carlos Sánchez but with better technique and distribution and much more faster. I still think that Colombia should go 4-1-4-1 with a single DMF. I'm sure that is where the balance of our team is.

To me the only player Who had a decent Olympics was Teo and maybe Roa. The rest were dreadful, but of course, when Piscis is your coach you either suck completely or win the Game by yourself.

http://valencia.eldesmarque.com/lev...tido-de-jefferson-lerma-contra-el-real-madrid

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    rumor is Marcelo said racist shit to him? Isn't Marcelo black too? I mean not as dark but black is black haha

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was dani carvajal.

And it seems that is bullshit

crzdcolombian repped this.