Javier Aguirre new Japan Coach

Discussion in 'Japan' started by El Chuma, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You claimed I didn't see the matches, when you can't even get simple facts right.
    If you don't want to get called out, then don't talk smack to begin with.

Your claims to know the inner workings of JFA are nonsense as well. Why bs people here?

datschge repped this.
  2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I said "bully me" and it means what it means, it's fun. Besides I was talking about Okubo and Havenaar's respective games with their clubs, which led to one being picked over the other because the latter was absolutely unwatchable (and you would know it if you had watched). Granted my post was terrible, autocorrect setup on my iPad was French and it's nonsense in English.
    About the BS part believe what you want. Happened what it was supposed to happen.

3. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    - I never said Havenaar was great; just that he's proven better than Okuso in International and European competition. Where it matters.
    - I still stand by the point that Havenaar would've been useful in power play as he does possess more aerial threat than any other player on the team. And it's shambolic how often Zac defaulted to power play w/o a single aerial threat on the pitch.
    - Aguirre is the coach... just as media predicted... so... how about that stuff you were claiming that wasn't reported in the media? Care to fill us in on your inside information? lol

Rodolpho Pollino repped this.
  4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    We all think something but ultimately it's up to the coach to decide and as long as he had legitimate argument, like Okubo being a much better player than Havenaar, there's not much you can say. Havenaar may be tall but he's a lightweight, he's not gonna power his way through Ivorians or Greek. Emergency tactics rarely work, especially with such an average player (to be nice). Get over your deception.

5. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okuso being better isn't a legitimate argument, however.
    By any standard.

chelseaz10 repped this.
  6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, you don't seem to understand the point of that post. I'm saying that at a time when the current players at CB had a rep higher than santa claus at that point, the JFA/JNT took a 'new' CB in Konno and used him for the duration of the AC2011. Which was where Konno got the chance to seal his spot for the following 4 years.
    Its not a ridiculous thought to give another CB a shot in the AC2015 and a chance to stamp a claim for the team.
    Everyone knows Konno's strengths and weaknesses and if he keeps up fitness he's likely to be similar level in 2-4 years time (though maybe a little slower). So why not leave him be and call him up at crunch time if Japan need to (ala Okubo-style).

As far as how it'll go, I reckon Konno will sort of fade away like Keisuke Tsuboi did between 2007-2010.

As for what I was doing? I was at the Khalifa Stadium in Qatar watching Tadanari Lee score live ;)

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Oh of course it's not a ridiculous idea, it's probably going to happen even though at the moment, there is no "can't miss" reliable center back on the market. Morishige only has age for him, he's inferior to Konno in pretty much all the other aspects. I hope Aguirre sees something in one of the guys and develop a new team on his own.
    Hopefully you'll be at the final this time around too ;) .

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah for sure, I agree with that.

As for the AC this time around, unfortunately (or not actually) I'm travelling for my entire summer this time partly cause I have a 4 week placement in Chile for medschool. I'm going to be in South America for 70 days over late November-December-January to Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile. So I'll be in Chile for the entire Asian Cup.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Wait... Whos the bowing guy?

11. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zaccheroni :coffee:

LGRod repped this.
  12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    @Dax I think this thread should be closed.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hm, why so?
    Last time we lacked a "coach" thread, so this time it may be smarter to keep it a bit separate.

LGRod and Radu Razvan repped this.
  14. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^Just keep it on topic with the coach Aguirre specifically.

Anyways, how did the press conference go?

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Fire Aguirre! (quote)

Rodolpho Pollino and LGRod repped this.
  16. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Maybe adapt the thread title accordingly? It's no longer "news" after all and Aguirre is now the current Japan coach.

17. Rodolpho Pollino

Jul 17, 2014
    Club:
    Tokyo Verdy
    #292 Rodolpho Pollino, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Don't mind Saku. He is the typical a$$h0|€ that tries to put others down claiming to know it all and when called out on facts resorts to namecalling and what not. Put him on ignore.

18. Rodolpho Pollino

Jul 17, 2014
    Club:
    Tokyo Verdy
    Ooh yes. I wonder if Saku and company will eat their words later down the line.
    Which will be very very very soon.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Still here ?

Btw

OneiroPhobia, KiarashM and takeuchi repped this.
  20. Rodolpho Pollino

Jul 17, 2014
    Club:
    Tokyo Verdy
    Yeah I am still here. Obviously I have seen that already. Old news.

I am saying that you will eat your words moment aguirre gets sacked. Which will be very soon.

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Cool story, Rodolpho Pollino.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  22. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope that Aguirre calls up the best team and enters the Asian Cup with the intention to win the competition and that he does not give too much importance to the World Cup 2018.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    mr. Aguirre will attend Urawa - Sanfrecce tomorrow. Frontale vs Cerezo, Kashima vs Kofu, Reysol vs Kobe will be attended by his personal staff, while the rest of the matches will be japanese JFA staff as usual.

24. Rodolpho Pollino

Jul 17, 2014
    Club:
    Tokyo Verdy
    Yeah Saku² you are right I talk sh!t. Don't mind me. I have no clue what I am talking about. :whistling: And oh yeah this WILL happen.

25. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Everyone on the Mexico forums are rooting for Aguirre/you guys hard when you face South Korea for the feuds we had with them during the olympics/friendly this year. :sneaky:

yanin. repped this.