Japanese un-welcome at China Asian cup2004??

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by LeslieSantosfan, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeslieSantosfan

LeslieSantosfan New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Weird. First they got that FIFA guy saying China was not a pollite crowd; and now the Japanese fans were "attacked". FIFA Japan offically sent a petition to headquarters....jeez....what is going on there? :confused:

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    For history reason. CHINA team was un -welcome in Japan either in last year's WORLD CUP VOLLEYBALL and this year's ACL

3. LeslieSantosfan

LeslieSantosfan New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Jeez, it's sport for crying out loud...... :confused:

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's not just a sport, it's not life or death, it's more than that... :D

5. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    just another poor excuse for jealosy. then what about S.Korea? what would be reason to hate em?

6. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Because they haven't beaten us in soccer match.
    China is jealous because we are better than them

7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    umm...the korean war? i dunno...

8. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Okay, what did we do to your team in ACL? No one threw bottles at either players and the Chinese fans, and we welcome anyone if they come here with good will.

What does the Chinese media that you read say? A Chinese team bus got stuck on highway(Tokyo has heavy traffic everywhere), and that was a conspiracy set up by Japan? China was humiliated in Japan as a Japanese girl didn't say "hello" back to a Chinese player who spoke to her in the Pekinese?

You better stop trusting what your own media reports to the public. It's funny many Chinese don't give their own media high credibility, but they believe bad news about Japan unconditionally, as if they have to hate somebody all the time to love you own people. How sad!!

9. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Then, almost all the east and south east Asian countries have a reason to throw bottles at the Chinese.

10. SmokingMan

SmokingMan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    A Dark Smoke-Filled
    Hey, this makes perfect sense to me.
    China has a very long history. Longer than any other country in the world, and it has been treated very badly by other countries in the past. Chinese people have a right to feel angry and hold a grudge. If their pain from the past is too great, they should have a right to throw things, and not welcome people from other countries who treated them badly.

Since this is how they feel, lets put it down in writing. Chinese are still angry about the past, and dont welcome Japanese (or Koreans, or American spy pilots, or English opium pushers, or Mongolian invaders, or whoever). They have every right to feel this way!!! And if people want to have a sporting event that involves these countries, they should hold it somewhere else, and stop inconveniencing the poor Chinese people.

I suggest we move the rest of the Asian Cup to Japan and Korea, which have much better stadiums and nicer fans. . . . and while we are at it we can move the 2008 Olympics to California, since the weather is nicer there and so are the people.

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    *******mod note*******

Please keep this discussion civil and mature. The last couple of times politics were brought up, the discussion ended up becoming hostile.

If you don't have anything intelligent or substantial to add, don't post here. You have World Rivalries for trash talking or hate mongering. Trolling in this thread is grounds for a yellow card without warning, and the thread will be closed if it gets out of hand.

That said, this is a serious and relevant subject and I want to see people's take on this.

Thanks.

12. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    China may have some hooligans, not ultras that cause violence but there are individuals that like to stir up games with profanity and improper behavior. This does not reflect all Chinese fans and I find a lot of the accusations on this board to be offensive. Japanese are welcome in China, if the Japanese team was out shopping 99 out of 100 chinese fans would be polite and might even ask for a photo or a signature. Other have mentioned how koreans are living comfortably in china.

Whistling the national anthem is disrespectful but it was prob started by a small section of fans. If you have been to a football match you might realize how easy it is to get caught up in the moment. You bigsoccer poster have to realize that it does not reflect all the chinese fans. I wasnt aware of any misbehavior in korea during the wc. So stop acting like every chinese would boo the national anthem of korea or japan. Most of you who are making these accusations prob have never been to china, nor have any idea about the state of chinese football. So stop generalizing the fans.

13. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    the chinese love the japanese and koreans. Just look at how crazy they are about their TV shows.

us? this thread is about Chinese animosity towards the Japanese.

14. furyf

furyf New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Sweden
    not the people's fault. u try 2 find a single tv show or movie that became successful in the past 20 year that doesn't envolve ******** invading china, ******** this ******** that. GD chinks heads r filled with hatred although they love anime and manga. ironic really. and not 2 mention the war was not waged by the freakin' people, but the government. just so u all know im chinese(or El Chino as my baseball team has it). but the thing is also the ******** didn't do anything 2 make it better either. they have done some pretty nasty things like calling chinese people pigs in our country in our university. what do u expect? a laugh??? oh well, i hope this all ends soon. and i love anime and manga, and my parents keep asking me how i can like something japanese... god damnit, welcome 2 the 21st century... everyone calm the f##k down...

15. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I second this. Amazing to see how people get so pumped up over nothing.
    Let's be fair for once. This way, we might be able to some conclusion that can be agreed by every side.

First, what's the big deal about booing national anthem. It's not like they're waging a war by it. It's just another night out at a sporting event. Anyone with common sense knows they booed without any benign intention. If someone thinks it's disgusting then tell him to shut the #### up and not to leave his town and country. And so what if they booed because of non-sport related issue. I do that all the time. Don't you? Do I want those players to burn in hell by doing it? Hell no. Why can't they take it easy just like how Zico took it. Those who're making a big deal out of it are the ones who're turning sport into politics.

Second, throwing objects at opposite fans or players IS wrong, although I wouldn't go as far as banning China not to hold any major sport event. I think KFA has sent a formal request to CFA after that bolt incident to take actions not to happen again but obviously it's not fixed. Those small fraction of Chinese fans are hurting the country's image and can't believe Chinese government is not doing anything if CFA can't.

16. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I don't agree with a ban either (though sanctions like holding closed-door home matches might be appropriate), but governing bodies of other sports will probably think twice about awarding events to China if the local authorities can't ensure the safety of visiting players and fans.
    (Accordin to reports, the Japanese team bus left Nakamura and Endo at the stadium because Chinese fans mobbed the bus and made it too dangerous.)

And I agree with the last part - this looks bad on all of China, and the Chinese government is usually very concerned about how it looks to the outside world.

17. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The report I read was that the Chinese fans gathered near the bus but did not actually throw and physically threaten it. The police thought it was better to get the japanese out of there and prob some miscommunication occured and players were left behind.

It saddens me to say this but because of these fan-related incidents I dont see how AFC would back a China WC bid. China is poorer than korea and japan so the stadiums will be even more empty than 2002 and the pressure of better kickoff times in west asia for america continent and europe will surely send the next wc to the gulf region (assuming it stablizes politically in the next 10 years or so)

18. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    \

Does that make sense to u?
    If the bus driver left for safety of players inside bus....what about those 2 players he left out there???

[​IMG]
    some chinese fan at Iraqi game

19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    the fact is, most Chinese are good people, but there are just so many Chinese overall that the annoying punks increase proportionately.

20. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It looks increasingly bad for China. YOu'd think in a country that is still totalitarian in nature and that pulled off 1989 Tiananmen massacre, that you could get some order within and around the stadia. Sure, it's a few hooligans that always besmirch the image of the rest. But that's the way reality works and in a country like China where image is given far greater emphasis, why is this crap even allowed to take place. Throwing bolts at opposing fans, mobbing buses and booing anthems (yes this is tasteless and I'll get to this later). None of this happened during the 2002 World Cup so it's evidence that it IS possible to host a major event, support your team in a positive way while still being a good sport and good host. F*** the political side to it... it's just common sense. It's great to be supportive of your home team. Just don't take it to another level and start justifying it by saying it's just a small portion of the population... cause it's beginning to sound like the English argument all over again in Asia. And when China lose (and lose they shall!), who knows what kind of shiet is going to pour out of the sky if these "small proportion" of hooligans are allowed to have their way. I just hope it's not Korea who meets them because if they do, Korean fans, be warned.

National anthem booing. It sucks and it's undignified. It also evinces an aura of inferiority complex. When I hear the English fans do this to other countries, it only cheapens their collective value as a country. This is the reason why Copa AMerica banned the playing of anthems before matches. But when Chinese fans are booing anthems, it just amplifies a degraded image of their country altogether. I have no idea where this blind nationalism comes from. Yeah, Koreans are nationalistic, but at least when it comes to anthems, we were educated enough to know (even the most lowliest of people) that there's a certain amount of respect to be shown to another country in a sporting event. The very thought of CHinese fans booing anthems (probably in a cheap attempt to imitate their European counterparts) makes me hope that they get knocked out.

21. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Look how uneducated and yobbish they all look. Maybe when China plays in a tournament outside their country, people should hold up pictures of the Rape of Nanking or humiliating pictures from the Boxer's REbellion... cause that's the same thing they're doing there by putting that picture of Sadaam while the new Iraqi team is playing.

I hope these new Iraqi players do a number on the home team. If they could do it to Saudi Arabia, they'll be able to stick it to CHina.

22. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

China should learn from us, we don't do that to British, the US is former British colony ...

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    To be fair, although the two sides fought bitterly in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, the British were much much much more humane to the Americans than the Japanese were to the rest of East and South East Asia. Apples and oranges.

Anyway, American sports fans at international events tend to be educated and middle to upper middle class, compared to the rest of the world where soccer appeals to the lower classes of society. You have hooliganism at soccer matches, not because the people of that country are uncivilized, but because more often than not, games are watched by poor, uneducated people for whom matches represent a place to let out the frustrations of everyday life.

Which doesn't excuse the hooligan element among the Chinese supporters, of course.
    Again, I'm curious why the authorities, who are usually very concerned about image and not shy about policing behavior, don't seem to be doing very much. I have to wonder if the government is afraid of alienating the people by coming down too hard?

24. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    could the media be playing a role? i've heard many complaints about chiense media being very biased and subjective. chinese media is owned by the government i suppose?