Japanese Olympic Football in Beijin 2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Hide. his doing a lot of things lately I hear, going to charities and stuff. He models for magazines and stuff. He's such a fashion whore:cool:

2. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I agree that East Asia has improved in soccer in comparison to 10 years ago and beyond.

They peaked in WC '02. But since then, they were never able to consistently replicate WC '02 success within the following six years.

While it's true that East Asia is no ( usually ) longer losing by goals of 5 or more, they seem to have reached a ceiling.

3. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We've plateaued a little, but I think we've already explained why. There's only so far you can go with an artificial infrastructure... we're waiting on that 2000 Olympic generation to come back and start building a coaching/training infrastructure based on quality experience -- not just armchair pundits like us.
    As for your borderline racist comments on nanotechnology, etc. -- perhaps I should call up one of my old professors and tell them they're just not cut out for it and should start playing football instead. :rolleyes: