Japanese NT @ FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier [R] - Part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AKITOD, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. joiner redded

joiner redded Red Card

Oct 8, 2008
  3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese NT @ WCQ 2010 [R] - part II

And I tell you now, after all these results and so on, if Osim declares he wants to coach again, willing to take offers, willing to answer all our god damn prayers, then JFA do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, then Osim signs with Consadole in J2!!!

I will @#$)(*@#)$(*@#)!@$!!^^%#

4. bomberhead

bomberhead New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia

omg... this is great news! i know he will come back to coaching the NT. he just can't resist. i can see osim coming back for must-win final game V australia for a 3-2 win.

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I hope you're right.

6. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia

I'm not sure you have an in-depth knowledge of Aust football if you really believe that.

There has rarely been a game in the past 2 years where the Socceroos have had even half of their first 11 available because of injury or travel constraints put on the players by clubs. We had 4 of our midfield out of the Qatar game and teams at this level don't just gel a cohesive midfield in 1 week to have a passing game that can dominate another team.

Our strength in Asia will obviously be out aerial strength because of our bigger build than most opposition but when players like Cahill (you should remember this guy putting 2 shots past you in the 2006 WC), Bresciano and Kewell in the midfield and Viduka up front regain their fitness then our game turns very much to a running/passing game as well.

I'd like to think we are very versatile and even though Japan have a very good passing game that is top tier in Asia, i believe that to think we are 1 dimensional as an aerial strength only will be to mistake us at your peril. I do believe the Japan-Aust game will be close, it's just a pity that it won't be a FIFA Friendly game and the the best players won't be on show.

Edit:I'd also expect Japans game against Uzbeks at home to be better than Austs V Uzbeks away, and that's not taking into account that many of the Aussies had a belly bug while over in Uzbekistan.

Anyways, good luck in your qualification games.:)

7. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Let's be honest... Viduka and Kewell have their best days behind them. How many games has Viduka played for you guys in the Qualifers? If Australia is relying on those 2 against Japan, I feel a lot better about our chances even with this lameduck coach driving the team into the ground.
    On Uzbekistan... I think you can tell nobody here is very pleased with that result.
    Or UAE. Or Uruguay. Or both Bahrain games in the previous round.

8. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia

Just slightly off-topic.....................why do you guys struggle against Bahrain? And how do you guys rate them?

Note: Viduka has hardly put more than a handful of gmes together over the past couple of years but Pim seems keen on him being a part of the qualifiers.

9. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The same reasons we've struggled with UAE, Uzbekistan, and probably Syria and Qatar next month. Okada can't motivate the team, can't select the team, and can't get his tactics right.

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Interview with Osim

its in japanese (a dude interpreting his words). He looks in good health, unfortunately I can't speak japanese so I don't know what it means. someone wanna give a rundown? cause it was done last month I think.

11. bomberhead

bomberhead New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia

Viduka's definitely past it. Kewell still has a few good games left in him. But even without those two Australia still has some quality. I like Culina, I think he's a great player. The thing is though, I don't think they have many great players coming through the ranks. Once this generation retires I can't seeing Australia being as good as they are now.

12. mirage861

mirage861 New Member

Jun 7, 2008

While I agree that its hard to imagine a future generation of players more accomplished than the current crop of socceroos, I'm not really that worried TBH. It'll take at least somewhere between 4-5 years before the core of the team retires, which should be ample time for players to step up (ala Wilkshire).

Plus with the creation of the A-league and the youth teams more and more youngsters are getting a taste of playing at the top flight and regualr game time. This can only mean more players will come through the system.

My only grudge with the current situation is the stupid minimum age requirement rule in the youth league. Take Ben Kantarovski for example he's a talented 15 year old but he's too young to sign a youth contract, yet he's old enough to sign a senior contract and play regularly.

13. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique

I disagree on Kewell, i think he's been in his best form for Galatasaray since his Leeds UTD days, I also think our incoming generation 17-23 will be our best yet. We played Qatar without Grella, Kewell, Viduka, Bresciano who are all in their prime and i guess it would be fair to say that the 2010 WC(if we make it) will be their last. But the players that came in for them have played excellent. We have more young players overseas in Europe than ever before and for the first time we have actually had a squad with depth. Too many years have gone by when we could have maybe 9-10 good players but once one gets injured, we have no player left to back up, but nowadays we have more that can jump into the squad and play well on the spot.

All Australian players from ages 17-23 in Europe:

Scott Balderson 19 - Bognor Regis Town - England
    Dean Bouzanis 18 - Liverpool - England (Greece trying to poach him)
    Oliver Bozanic 19 - Reading - England
    Nathan Burns 20 - AEK Athens - Greece
    Alex Cisak 20 - Leicester City - England
    Peter Czetanovski 19 - Borrusia Monchengladbach - Germany
    Spase Dilevski 23 - Universtistat Craiova - Romania
    Bruce Djite 21 - Genclerbirligi - Turkey
    Aaron Downes 23 - Chesterfield - England
    Mate Dugandziz 19 - Dinamo Zagreb - Croatia(Croatia trying to poach him, we'll probably lose him too because he rejected an offer from Roma to stay in Croatia)
    Peter Eleftherakis 21 - Pyrsos Grevenon - Greece
    Matthew Falzon 17 - Hearts - Scotland
    Adam Federici 23 - Reading - England
    Paul Giannou 18 - Apollon Kallamarias - Greece (Greece trying to poach him)
    Andreas Govas 19 - Apollon Kallamarias - Greece (Greece trying to poach him)
    Rostyn Griffiths 20 - Blackburn Rovers - England
    Ersan Gulam 21 - Adanaspor - Turkey
    Labanot Haliti 23 - LKS Lodz - Poland
    Chris Herd - 19 - Aston Villa - England
    Bryan Hindley 17 - Dundee United - Scotland
    Shane Huke 23 - Dagenham and Redbridge - England
    Braden Inman 17 - Newcastle United - England
    Daniel Ireland 20 - Coventry City - England
    Cameron Jones 19 - Tamworth FC - England
    Erhan Karahan 21 - Sivasspor - Turkey
    Niel Kilkenny 23 - Leeds United - England
    Adrian Leijer 22 - Fulham - England

Shane Lowry 19 - Aston Villa - England (Irish trying to poach him)
    Trent McClenahan 23 - Hamilton Ac. - Scotland
    Michael McEntagert 18 - Everton - England
    Dyan McGowan 19 - Hearts - Scotland
    Ryan McGowan 18 - Hearts - Scotland
    Brett McGrath 17 - Brondby - Denmark
    James Meredith 20 - Shrewsbury Town - England
    Mitchell Nicolson 18 - Dorchester Town - England
    Kyle Nix 22 - Bradford City - England
    Chris O'Connor 23 - Bray Wanderers - Ireland
    Erik Paartalu 22 - Greenock Morton - Scotland
    Matthew Park 20 - Hearts - Scotland
    Jordan Simpson 23 - FF Jaro - Finland
    Matthew Spiranovic 19 - FC Nuremburg - Germany
    James Troisi 19 - Genclerbirligi - Turkey
    Adrian Ucchino 17 - Frossinone - Italy
    Carl Valeri 23 - Grosseto - Italy - Probably our best one out of the lot.
    Dario Vidosic 21 - FC Nuremburg - Germany
    Rocco Visconte 18 - Hearts - Scotland
    Daniel Visevic 20 - Dinamo Zagreb - Croatia
    Panagiotis Vouis 23 - Fortuna Sittard - Netherlands
    Stefan Vrbesic 19 - UD Las Palmas - Spain
    Aleks Vrteski 23 - FC Pobeda - Macedonia
    James Wesolowski 21 - Leicester City - England
    David Williams 20 - Brondby - Denmark
    Rhys Willams 20 - Middlesborough - England (The Welsh trying to poach him)
    Ricky Woodward 18 - Moorecambe - England
    Jamie Young 23 - Wycombe - England
    Ruben Zadkovich 22 - Derby County - England

And almost forgot Mark Milligan who is on a guess stint with Newcastle Jets right now till he gets his VISA to sign for Werder Bremen.
    *The players in bold are the ones with the most potential.

Now obviously having a bunch of players playing in Europe barely means much, but this is a massive increase from what we had some 5 years ago, we wouldn't of even had a quarter of this much for this age group. When you also plus that with the young players that are coming up through the A-League like James Holland, Mile Jedinak etc, we have a bright generation coming up. Should also note, that a lot of our European based young players do not get released from their clubs to play for the Australian youth teams in tournaments which is sometimes why we lack do do much at youth level with our national sides(Like the Joeys getting knocked out by the UAE)

I'm thinking it will be a close game when we play you lot in Japan and hopefully we will have already qualified when we play you back in Australia

14. bomberhead

bomberhead New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia

Worst player I've ever seen. Well maybe not but fair enough. Can these players step-up at international level? In the China game some of them stuggled a little bit. But they are young, so we will see.

15. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique

LOL yeah he's pretty bad atm, but he shows glimpses of what he can do when he goes forward and is still fairly young and will learn. A lot of these guys didn't even play in the China game, i think the China game was more stage fright than anything, 70,000 was probably the biggest crowd they've ever played and a lot of them didn't look comfortable, still young kids though and after 2010 im sure a good number of them will step up and be Senior socceroos by then

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Japan squad vs Syria & Qatar

GK

Narazaki
    Kawaguchi
    Kawashima

DF

Terada
    Nakazawa
    M.T.Tanaka
    Komano
    Abe
    Nagatomo
    Yasuda
    Uchida

MF

S.Nakamura
    H.Hashimoto
    Endo
    K.Nakamura
    Matsui
    Konno
    Hasebe
    Kagawa

FW

Tamada
    Maki
    Sato
    Okubo
    T.Tanaka
    Okazaki

Hideo Hashimoto gets the call up. As does Yasuda. Matsui returns, so does Tatsuya Tanaka.

17. tralalarisa

tralalarisa Guest

Seeing the Gamba Osaka players back on NT reminds me of the East Asian Cup back in February.

and I guess only Okazaki managed to stay on the NT from the group Okada had back in the previous game... sad to see that Koroki's name is not there though...

18. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I can only imagine Okada saw Hashimoto sky the ball over the goal last night and thought he'd fit right in.
    He does seem to be looking for another DM though, Aoki got invited recently too.

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Now might not be a bad time for a change of coach.

osim is available and.....

So is Guido Buchwald!

thought it might be worth mentioning

20. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If we were going to take a new coach right now... I'd have to think Nishino should be at the top of the list.
    Overall I'd prefer a strong foreign coach (maybe Dutch? They know how to teach finishing...), but I believe all the good ones are off the market.
    Nishinos selection at Gamba is excellent. He gets outstanding mileage out of "good" players. He's got Japanese players scoring important goals for Osaka... and somehow has got players like Endo to actually take shots (Myojin, Sasaki, Hashimoto, and Futagawa too of course.)
    He also makes excellent use of his substitutions. I can only imagine what he'd do with the National Team.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yeah that's an excellent point. But he's been in charge for 7 years now at Osaka and I'm not sure if he'd leave any time soon.

The only time in charge of an NT was 2000 Olympics where Japan got 6 pts in group stage and still didn't progress. Beat Brazil and Hungary but lost to Nigeria. And Japan came third in the group on GD. Nigeria went on to win. While brazil came third after being eliminated by nigeria 4-3. In any other group, Japan could've gone a distance.

22. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  23. bomberhead

bomberhead New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia

nishino would be a great NT coach in my opinion. i thought his performance in the ACL game midweek attests to that. in particular i love how wide gamba play with kaji and yasuda, it's great to watch. i think with some great wide players coming through the ranks right now (yasuda, uchida etc), nishino would get the most out of them.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Yet agains it's irritating to see that the two "best" japanese forwards in J-League is left out. Yana and Akamine , both with 11 goals.

You don't get surprised anymore but it's fkcing pissed me off:)

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Japan could be playing Qatar without Narazaki, Nakazawa and Nakamura through injury.....:(