Japanese Abroad 2010/11 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by shuvy87, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's the regional newspaper of the town. If it's about Finke or Jleague, they take a text by an Australian journalist, so it's not about what Freiburg's manager is going to do with Yano. Anyway, for those who want to know, it's basically a characterization of Yano: he has physical presence, strong will, goes deep to get the ball, provides assists as a target man, can switch from def. to attack swiftly w/some good dribblings, but is no goal-getter, and is not very popular in Japan because of his diving / discussing with the ref-habits.

What I think now is that he will be either deployed as target man but due to the defensive tactics which saved them last season and as they have only 2 nominal strikers (one of whom is injured) he could well be benched coming in for Cisse late - but let's see.

@Saku: Cisse is doing not so bad for Freiburg. It's the first time in years that we have a striker with a decent scoring-rate... but he seems to me like the kind of striker who is not to be seen apart from scoring.
    Anyway, I found last season so unbearable to watch that I have hardly seen whole matches... :rolleyes:

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lierse SK are such total shit omg. Defence is so damn impressionable and easy to manipulate by oppositions. Did they purchase any players other than Kawashima before hitting the top flight? Frankly they should just put Kawashima at CB he'd probably do a much better job :)

4. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Pitty on Kawashima, i think he have lose a lot of cell after this match....

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kawashima always look pissed but now he really is.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Cesena wants Morimoto. And that could be a great idea since I found this team really interesting last time against Roma, their left side is excellent with Nagatomo and Ceccarelli.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I doubt it will happend but would be nice.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Norf London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He doesn't play for a J-league club, but is supposed to be a hot prospect.

Similar build and playing style to C. Ronaldo without the goals.

10. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    In Russia, they write that Barcelona following the Honda. They are willing to spend on a 18-20 million euros. But the transfer window has closed.:)

11. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010

are you referring to ryo, the 17 year old who sent on trial at arsenal and ajax? i read an article a few days ago that he broke his leg during a match with ajax reserves.

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yea, the injury wasn't as bad as previously thought. He will probably sign a contract with Arsenal when he turns 18.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/08/arsenal-make-contract-offer-to-miyaichi/

13. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010
    wow, that's great news. the article said that his fibula was broken in two places, which made it sound awful.

14. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can't predict CSKA's policy in tranfers now. They become very effective and smart.
    The guy who replaces Krasic is quality, Tosic brings more for the team than Gonzalez.
    Don't know how they will treat Honda. Part of me wants him to move to play in his favorite position, but if he stays, it's not a bad idea, this team has a lot of potential.
    If they can sort out their defence though

15. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    In CSKA is breeding strategy. They buy only the young players whose age is less than 25 years and cost 10 million euros. A few years later sell them more expensive. For example
    Yuri Zhirkov:
    bought for 0.3 million euros
    sold for 21 milllion euros (Chelsea)
    Milos Krasic
    15 (Juventus)
    Jo
    24 (Manchester City)

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Worst comes to worst, He comes back to Japan at age 22 a little unfit, tactically probably a little more intelligent and much much stronger physically cause no doubt it'll be the no.1 thing on the 'list of things'. Basically it isn't likely to be a total disaster and I'm sure he'll get a decent go there even if its in carling cup games etc.

If everything went to shit and he came back to japan he'd still end up signing for a J1 team. That's the worst case scenario. The best scenario is ofcourse rising up the Arsenal ranks over the next 2 to 3 seasons til he's a regular and making the JNT squad at age 21.

17. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Honda against Alania
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApIGL-Cf01o&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- ????? ?????? ??????[/ame]

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    they play completely different positions!!

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not anymore, Honda plays DM with Moscow ... And pretty well I would say.

21. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    he plays box to box...he will never just sit in front of the back 4 and protect them

22. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, we sorta just have bought Poulsen and Meireles to replace Mascherano (and Alonso). Up front there are Joe Cole, Gerrard and Kuyt.

I just don't see where Honda is supposed to play.

23. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Judging by the clip vs Alania I can say CSKA's trying to convert Honda to some kind of Xavi type player, just a little bit deeper position, like in Xavi-Iniesta-Deco line up.

With Honda's technique and tactics sense he may do quite well, but his workrate and passing still is not good enough.

If Liverpool get Honda maybe they want to push Gerrard higher alongside Torres, just like previous seasons and hope for a combination of Honda-Poulsen works well.

24. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That is why we have bought Meireles.

25. AKITOD