Japanese Abroad 2010/11 [R] - Part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by scotch17, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I guess first few actual proper league games have got him a bit nervous...

Other than that isn't his club in a match fixing scandal... oh dear...

2. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Did Matsui play for Grenoble...?
    I mean, is he REALLY going to stay in the French second division...?? :eek:

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No he didn't play (invoked a minor injury but he's faking IMO) and he stated in l'Equipe that he doesn't wanna play in L2, expects Grenoble to not ask for too much money for him. He has several contacts but nothing formal now. He wants to stay in France, doesn't wanna go to Italy expect for tourism (his exact words).

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What about England? ;P

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida vs Bayern

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIPh0hKiwpY"]YouTube- ‪???? ??????????????????‬‎[/ame]

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks pretty good, lost the ball couple of times. Will he start when the new seasons kicks off? I will follow him closely. I love that they are in the CL.

8. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    OMG Uchida absolutely sleepwalking on both of those goals. WTF? He never plays so mentally and physically lazy. Looked pretty sharp in attack, but he'll be riding the bench at any club in teh world if he defends that sloppily. Good grief.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    He'd better hope he gets a deal done soon, then. He's not exactly endearing himself to Grenoble.

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    funny how VVV Venlo turned down Kagawa from his trial. They said he's not ready for european football. They're probably watching him (he was bought for 350,000 euro) and going........F**K!

What's up with Maya Yoshida? He injured still? or what?

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes, still injured ...

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For how long?

13. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Presentation Rakuyama in Khimki
    http://www.championat.ru/photo/football/3/3637/127461.html#photo
    [​IMG]
    Takashi Rakuyama: I am familiar with the army-men Honda

Today the management of Khimki provided new players. Among the newcomers near Moscow, the Japanese team midfielder Takashi Rakuyama previously played for FC Sanfrecce Hiroshima. He came to view the early spring, eyes on coaches Khimki, but managed to sign a contract just now, the correspondent of "Soviet Sport" Boris Kubarev.
    - I liked the style of the game "Khimki" - confessed 30-year-old player from the country of the Rising Sun. - So I chose Russia, although it is very far from Japan.
    - How many Japanese people playing in the Russian league, you know?
    - I think two. This is a Honda from CSKA and Maki from Amkar. I am very familiar with them.
    - To consult them before making the offer Khimki.
    - We talked. But they did not think that I would agree to move. At least, Maki was very surprised. It became for him a real surprise. And while we're all different teams, it will be easier. Still, there are lots of ways to communicate.
    - For Honda always be a group of journalists, and you deprived of attention?
    - I think he still does not know that I was a player of the Russian team. It's a secret - added Japanese to the broken Russian, and laughed.
    - Why did you choose number 88?
    - I like that number.
    http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/401887

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  15. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    88, peculiar choice.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hasebe started for Wolfsburg finally. Vfl Wolfsburg 2-0 Everton. It looked like the first lineup.

17. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I read somewhere that Maki could also have been a professional hockey player, I guess in Japan there is not much money in that?

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    How did he score ? It's not really clear in the video.

20. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    45 seс

21. avechkin8

avechkin8 Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    According to this article http://www.sports.ru/football/72358078.html Kisho Yano will sing with FC Saturn next week.

Can somebody explain me wtf is going on with all these koreans and japanese players coming to Russia? I thought the money was good in K and J leagues.

I mean what kind off motivation other than money (from both players and shady agents side) could you imaginate behind this move? No team from big 4 league is ever going to scout Amkar, Tom' and Saturn. I seriously doubt that japanese player without previous european experience can shine in RPL. So why?

I mean why these shady agents choose koreans and japanese instead of age proved scheme with brazillians and balkanian players?

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hype
    Since Honda I believe this is the new favorite destination for japanese players. I think it's the same for the korean, Lee Ho and Kim Dong-jin have made the path for the others.

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well in the japanese examples of Maki to Amkar and Yano to Saturn, the clubs maybe feel they're going to get a large shirt-sales bonus as well as a decent player if they get them. Problem is they won't, people in japan are not going to be buying Seiichiro Maki Amkar Perm jerseys. On the other side, Seiichiro Maki has never played in europe before and is perhaps only a couple seasons away from retiring (maybe at the end of his contract there). So really he's not thinking about going to the top 5 leagues really he just wants to experience european football i'm guessing which is fair enough good for him. Kisho Yano I don't really know why he's going, hes only 26 so I guess he has maybe 5 or 6 seasons left in him, but he's never played in europe either.

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Kisho is not a world beater and certainly knows he won't really be missed in the J.League.