Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by shuvy87, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    To be honest I can't really see him going to Europe. He's closing in on the latter years of his career and there is always the chance that he will not get any playing time if he goes abroad which will hurt both him and the national team.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why not ? He said he wants to go to Europe right? Then it's unlikely he turns down a offer from the best team in Eredivisie, or else it would be to stupid.

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just because he says he wants to go to Europe doesn't mean that he will play. He just doesn't seem like the type of person that likes to be told what to do. There is no guarantee that he will not get the same type of respect that he gets at Reds and he's not guaranteed a spot in the starting line-up by any means. I'm not saying that he will fail if he goes to Europe, but if he wants to succeed then he will have to change dramatically and get rid of his current attitude.

If he was younger I would say yes, but for the sake of his own career I think that it would be better for him to stay.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe. But if he really wants to go, don't you think it's weird if the turns the nr 1 team in Holland if he didn't get another offer? But then maybe we should've heard of that already.

5. Kashiwagi

Kashiwagi Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Paris
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

It seems to be him

6. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You're right.

7. ultra_force-redded

Dec 4, 2009
    Tulio is likely to stay in J-League.
    Nagoya is offering a higher salary than Twente.

8. ultra_force-redded

Dec 4, 2009
    Honda is currently the 5th best player in 2009/10 Eredivisie.

[​IMG]

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ugh. What a fcking dissapointment.

10. Ono could make a heck of a lot more in Japan than at Feyenoord, but in the end you as a soccer player will be remembered by the glory you had and not by the size of your bank account.
    Ono is a European Cup winner and I guess his bank account doesnot give him reason to complain either. In the end Tulio will end as a nobody in history as Ono stands out as the first Japanese player to have won European Silver ware.
    That Tulio, is he a chicken or so, that he doesnot dare to invest in his career in the "Eredivisie" so to gain access to the real big leagues?

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    What is it with Dutch soccer fans? Their delusions of grandeur for their third-rate league are really extraordinary. Honda's current team in the Eredivise would get relegated in the J-League.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I actually agree with feyenordsoccerfan a little bit, you could question Tulios ambitions. Then I think you should aim higher than Eredivisie, but it is a good step.

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Please treat non-J.League fans kindly.

It is good to have feedbacks from other leagues' fans, even if we might disagree with them.

If you think VVV would be relegated if playing in J1 (an opinion upon which I might actually agree), it would be good to explain why as well! :)

14. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With Honda I think they would avoid relegation. Calabro, Schaken, Ahahahahoiu are all decent quality in attack and would do well enough in JLeague to keep them afloat with Honda's support.

Without Honda they'd have a ton of issues and definitely be in relegation battle all year.

For the most part I don't think there is a step up between JLeague and Eredivisie, until you get to their top tier like AZ, Ajax, PSV, Twente.
    JLeague is very even across the entire league. Even though Kashima are in the midst of a dynasty I'm not sure they're head and shoulders better than the rest rather than they've got a great manager, a great system, make smart decisions, spurn extra curricular competitions that tempt their top competitors, and know what it takes to be champions.

15. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Really? He's a second-rate thug with attitude problems . . . on the left side???

In that case, its amazing that he managed to break into a Brazilian club ;)

16. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I have to support Am-Kaka here. Sure, his comments are a bit critical, but no more so than the original post.

Lets face it, Nagoya is a midtable club who isnt even getting any ACL money this year. If Twente cant outbid them, then it says a lot more about the pitiful quality of Twente's offer than it does about Tulio's desire. If theyre such a "big time" club, then they should step up and put their money where it counts. If they cant, then Tulio is right to tell them no.

True, Ono took a pay cut in order to go to Europe. But that was a different time and a different situation. And even then . . . look at what reward he got for moving to Europe. Sure he won a European championship. But he also got hacked so many times by cheap-shot artists from also-ran Eredivisie clubs that it cut his playing career short by 5-10 years! If he had stayed in Japan, he might still be in the NT today, and still be considered one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) player Japan ever produced. Instead, he is a tragic tale of unrealised promise.

I do think Tulio would do well in Europe. But if all these "big", "rich" European clubs cant even outbid Nagoya Grampus, then its no wonder he wants to stay in Japan. Who can blame him?

17. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have NO PROBLEM with criticisms and rebuttals that come with articulate opinions, so your post is very appreciated, Matsu. It makes -I hope- for good discussion.

What I am asking is to please avoid are superficial posts such as "J.League is better! Gna-gna-gna gna-gnaaa!!"

And of course let us always measure our words and be civilized :D

Thank You!!

18. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, he come to Brazil when he was younger and had to adapt to the country...

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Danatsu,

Many Japanese clubs seem still interested in Washington... your opinion? (Sorry if OT)

20. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Washington renew his contract with Sao Paulo for over 1 year;

21. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How about Yusaku Okubo ex-Canterbury United?

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Good good match of Matsui despite the lose. Had a couple of chances and won a PK, but Richert stopped Ljuboja's weak shot unfortunately.

23. So what's your point with Honda and VVV? I come up with an argument about ambition and the current leader of the Dutch league and you come up with an argument composed around a mid table club! Did you follow the European campaigne of Twente? For a 3d rate league club they do very well. The one with delusions is obviously you, or is it delirious?

24. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I heard that in 1938 a japanese player named "雨野 武" (Takeshi Amano?) was the 1st japanese oversea player. He played for FC Nordsjælland.

25. tralalarisa

tralalarisa Guest

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/soccer/jleague/news/20091215-OHT1T00280.htm

i didnt know whether to post this under 2010 transfer news or here so if its in the wrong section, feel free to delete this post.

looks like bundesliga's FC Schalke 04 is interested in Uchida.
    it says that they're sending him to germany on the 17th of this month under a "full invitation."