Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R] - Part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R]

Matsui sub out at the 82th minutes, he was far better in 2nd half, with more run, more movement from him, he got a yellow card at the 53th minute for a dive but frankly if he didn't dive he could have lose is leg on diawara's challenge. GF38 0-2 OM (83th minutes)

Inamoto sub in at the 70th minutes, Stade Rennais still in command 2-0 vs Boulogne (83th minutes)

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Honda and Ono in action today then. I wonder if Ono will play.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

HT VVV Venlo [1 - 2] Den Haag

7' [0 - 1] W. Verhoek

29' [0 - 2] R.v.d. Bergh (pen.)

36' [1 - 2] K. Honda

Halftime, Honda keeps on scoring.

4. gandychan

gandychan Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

and honda scores the equalizer!!!

He must be the top scorer in the league now with 3 goals.

5. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven

According to Eredivisie Live he has played his last match for VVV and they will tell more about it later today..

We will wait and see, I'm curious...

Arsenal and Liverpool scouts where in the stadion to watch him play.

6. Jillykins

Jillykins New Member

Jul 11, 2009

VVV's overreliance on him is severely limiting how he can play though. And the ADO captain (I think) was on him constantly. Of course he proved his worth anyway, by needing just a tiny bit of space to score his first goal. His second with the header - well, it's hard to see if it was an actual goal but the keeper pushed it forward like it was already behind the line so it's his own fault.

He was also involved in a scuffle with van den Bergh who was sent off. While I'd like to say it boiled down to miscommunication, it's safe to say van den Bergh really is a hothead. Afterwards everyone got into a shoving contest.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Really? So he could be going to the EPL?

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven

Doubt it's serious, but they where in the stadion. Doesn't say that much though, Arsenal has followed Afellay for almost an entire season and he still plays in Eindhoven.

9. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal

honda 1st goal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oedowsXdnyE"]YouTube - Keisuke Honda Goal VVV ADO[/ame]

10. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

Oh god please no... not the prem at his age. I could kind of see a merit in having 1 player of that sort in the NT though. But not a great habit to get into. The more I think about it, the more I think he should just stay at VVV for now. And it's looking more likely so as well, provided that PSV can't come up with some creative deal to match VVV's valuation.

I remember half way through last season Honda was asked in a TV show whether he would consider a midtable prem side if they came knocking, to which he said no without hesitation. I wonder if he'll change his mind at this point of the worldcup campaign. Dangerous move, in my opinion.

11. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. temis-redded

temis-redded Red Card

Aug 3, 2009
    Brazil

Great to see Morimoto and Honda developing after the disappointment in the Beijing Olympics. I hope Honda will score 15 goals or so again. Morimoto should score at least 10 goals in Serie A considering he had 7 goals in 18 starts last season.

13. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands

And the highlights:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbfUDVP31H8"]VVV Venlo - ADO Den Haag[/ame]

14. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Honda Interview

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5GpysIqSr4"]YouTube - VVV-ADO ??????????[/ame]

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Good to see Honda doing well.

I agree that the EPL would be the wrong direction for him. Spain would probably be better.

16. temis-redded

temis-redded Red Card

Aug 3, 2009
    Brazil
  17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

:D I don't know about you but I can get used to Japanese players topping the scoring lists in Hungary AND Netherlands.

Interesting though that neither Kazuo Homma himself nor his former Japanese club Koshigaya F.C. have an entry in the Japanese Wiki. However, he has been playing in Eastern Europe since 8 years now and I found an interview from this July:

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/soccer/eusoccer/0809/other/text/200907060001-spnavi.html

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ono entered the pitch after 76 minutes in an incredible match were Bochum came back from 0-3 at home vs Borussia Moenchengladbach. When Ono came on it was already 3-3, and 'Gladbach was 1 man down. Ono nearly scored the winner... and he missed. It feels though like his first goal for Bochum is in the air, he just needs some more match fitness. See me proved wrong the next couple of weekends :rolleyes:

Elsewhere, Ken Asaeda's Wuppertal lost 0-3 (3rd tier), and I am beginning to doubt that Duesseldorf (2nd tier) signed Kozo Yuki for anything else than luring Japanese audience to their home matches. But let's see, season just started and Duesseldorf has taken off well, so maybe he gets his chances still.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Re: Dutch Honda watch

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2...tracking-japanese-international-keisuke-honda

Looks like Honda is sought after Liverpool according to the chairman of Venlo.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I watched Onos game as well. I wonder what the fans think of him? It kinda feels like he needs to score a goal soon.

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I have only seen digests... If you saw the game, did you notice crowd reactions to Ono?

With 500k Ono was not an expensive signing, so expectation may not be that high. After escaping relegation narrowly last season, Bochum is probably only looking to secure Bundesliga status this year, and hoping to make big clubs of the region (BVB, Schalke 04)'s lives difficult in that course.

Bochum is called the "grey mouse" of the league, meaning they are something like the opposite of Real Madrid, and they have been struggling with this image for a long time. In that regard, Ono is maybe helping them already to put them on the map. But as you say, hopefully he scores a goal soon...

23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Isn't Kagawa going on trial this winter at Barcelona and Real Madrid?

What a match that would be to see Kagawa at Barcelona vs Nakamura at Espanyol.

24. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009

Agreed. Liverpool scouts watch a great number of players.

25. Skiii

Skiii New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Dutch Honda watch

"We hear that Liverpool scouts have been following Honda since last season while top Dutch clubs also watched him," Taishi Takahatake, head of Honda's management firm Balance Inc., told AFP.
    "But there has been no formal offer. His Dutch agent is in charge of any deal and we will wait and see until the transfer window closes at the end of the month," he said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090811/sp_soccer_afp/fblasiajpnengprhonda