Japanese Abroad 2008/09 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by aiueo-redded, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2008/09 Part 2 [R]

I'm pretty sure he can. The fact he plays for Japan just means he can't play for another country. I don't think it has any bearing on passport.

2. yakuza fc

yakuza fc Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Sydney
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Japan wouldn't allow it? imean i can't have both Australian & Japanese passports.

3. setagaya-redded

setagaya-redded Red Card

Oct 12, 2008
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Noooooooooooooooooooo........

4. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique

Err, as long as you're able to get a passport of a EU country(say if you or your parents, or your grandparents have EU heritage), you are always eligle for a visa no matter if you've played for some other NT.

If Tulio's grandparents are Italian then he is eligle to play in Europe as long as he applies for an Italian passport or something like that, if he doesn't qualify as that(though that's very unlikely) he can go as a non-EU player and to qualify for that you're supposed to have played in 70% of your national team's games in the last 2 years and have some sort of special recommendation. That's how it's done in the UK anyway but i think Italy is fairly similar.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

That's what I thought.

If he moved, he'd need a team where he walked into the starting XI and could do 'Tulio's thing' without too much restraint. I'm not sure any of those teams could facilitate those 'criteria'.

MORE ON TULIO'S possible move

AC Milan were impressed by him at 07 CWC. Thus their interest.

Also on passport thing. I'm 50-50 JPN/AUS and I got two valid passports.

6. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008

Things are obviouly different in Italy.

As far as I know, they don't limit the number of Non-EU players anymore, instead, each team can sign only one non-eu per year (or season?), no matter how many games he played for NT.

I also remember that Tulio has a Italian-Brazilian mother so it's well possible for him to obtain Italian passport

7. yakuza fc

yakuza fc Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Sydney
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

once your over 22 you have to decide which one you want. of course the loophole if you can get away with it is you don't tell the consulate that you keep the other passport eg. Australian one.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, "normal" people do it all the time. I do, as a matter of fact. The question is whether a famous player like Tulio could openly obtain another passport in addition to the two he has already and go play as an EU player.

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

uhh, hwat?

Naka's on the bench. As is Mizuno.

10. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

to be expected. as is Crosas as well by the way. Strachan is expecting a battle at Tynecastle. i'd much prefer to see all our flair players on the pitch and letting us dictate what style of football we play regardless of the opposition and the venue but GS doesn't see it that way unfortunately.

11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Final result: 1-1

Naka came on early in second half. Played some good balls in.

Very good to see that when Celtic were chasing the game, GS replaced Aiden McGeady with Mizuno in the 80th minute. Very promising move. Mizuno nearly scored from inside the area.

McGeady was a pillock who always tried to dribble through Hearts and every time they had him in their pocket. He did some tricks and whatever but fact is he was the culprit for so many failed attacking moves. Naylor I thought was very very good.

BIG NEWS

espn match page says Shinji Ono's starting now!
    okubo & inamoto on bench for their sides.

12. setagaya-redded

setagaya-redded Red Card

Oct 12, 2008
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

:eek:

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Honda scored his 15th goal of the season and 2 assists.

14. yakuza fc

yakuza fc Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Sydney
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

i would have done the same except the consulate asked my mum.

15. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

A.C. Milan could really use him, because of their aging back-line. I would like to see him at Hoffenheim though (lower expectations). Too much pressure is never a good thing.

17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Being at milan obviously has its ups. Not only playing in Serie A, but even in training he'll defend against folk like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pato. He'll fit in better there than other japanese abroad cause obviously there are many brazilians and he speaks perfect portuguese and english meaning he'll be able to talk to at least half the squad. Apparently Catania fans have taken to Morimoto even more ever since he became fluent in Italian. Similar story with Nakata.

Milan are looking at either him or Philipe Mexes (Roma CB) to partner Thiago Silva when he arrives. If there's a league and club that could convince Tulio to play on til 2014, it's in Serie A, and furthermore Milan.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Mexes is a highly established player, but its hard to see Roma giving up him unless they don't make the Champions League. I don't watch A.C. Milan at all, but would his attacking style mentality work in their team? The best part about him is that he can play multiple positions which would most likely help the team.

19. hiro-redded

hiro-redded Red Card

Apr 4, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Morimoto on Italian TV
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cnpm4pgPD4"]YouTube - V-ictory Takayuki Morimoto[/ame]

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

June window is shaping up to be very interesting and positive for Japanese if something comes from the following.

1. Tulio to Italy?
    2. Honda to either: FC Koln, Bolton, Fulham, PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord, AZ

3. And most importantly, what Nakamura will do. Some interviews have suggested he's considering staying in europe for longer instead of coming home but not Scotland.

Then there's the usual transfer stuff. Tatsuya likely to look for a european club again. Endo likely to get a few offers. Uchida's gonna be linked with a few clubs probably. Sato may get offers.

21. hiro-redded

hiro-redded Red Card

Apr 4, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I wonder what will happen to Matsui if St. Etienne get relegated....
    Going back to J-League may be good considering his national team career.

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Okubo will probably stay one more year, and after that it's really his choice. Atleast he may get a winner's medal in the Bundesliga.

Would like to see Uchida and Yasuda move to Europe. Yasuda would work well in La Liga where he could be like Daniel Alves. Uchida would probably work well in the EPL. Uchida just signed a new contract so I can't see him going anywhere. Yasuda said that he would like to try Europe and he seems like a really ambitious person.

Nakamura is definetly a lock to come back next year.

Would like to see Honda stay one more year with VVV in Eredivise just to see how well the team can perform. he did not play the whole season last year and I would like to see him prove himself in the highest division before attempting to go to bigger clubs where he may flop.

Another player who is being linked it Morimoto. Some claims that Manchester United want him, but it seems highly unlikely if Ferguson retires after this year and personally I don't believe that this would be the best move for him. Maybe a mid-table EPL/Spanish/or Italian team would be better so he could continue to get playing time.

Some other players who I believe may try Europe:
    Kanazaki- Could be a good move to help push him towards a NT spot.
    Kagawa- I'm really keen to see him on a bigger stage, he's really young and I believe that he's even better than Honda.
    Haraguchi- There were talks of him moving before this season, but he's still young so maybe in the next couple of years.

23. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

As for Morimoto I doubt he´ll move from Catania as it seems that he´s settled down quite nicely at the club. This season has been his big break and the manager has faith in him and I vaguely remember Morimoto stating that he wanted to open a restaurant or something in Catania(can´t remember if he said during his career or after his career).
    Anyways looking at the playing time he´s gotten this season he´d be crazy to leave Catania, hopefully he can stay away from injuries.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I hope to see some new faces in Europe in June.

But i'm worried about Okubo, Matsui and Mizuno, will they stay?

25. tonbo-redded

tonbo-redded Red Card

Apr 10, 2009
    japan

i don't want to see another takahara or oguro.
    i hope JFA prohibit players from moving to europe.
    i want to see more stars in my country....