Japanese Abroad 2005/06 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by yakuza redded, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

No cause for panic for Nakamura

http://www.footballasia.com/en/news/index.asp?id=42060&cid=1312&mth=12&yr=2005

LONDON – Japan international Shunsuke Nakamura believes that, despite Celtic’s less than convincing recent form, there is no need for the Glasgow club to panic ahead of their top of the table clash with Hearts on New Year’s day.

Having been forced to come from behind to beat Hibernian and share the spoils with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in their previous two league outings, the 1967 European Cup winners were grateful for their Asian import’s last gasp winner in a narrow 2-1 Boxing Day victory against Livingston.

Although the manner of Monday’s victory may not have pleased the Celtic Park faithful, Nakamura feels Gordon Strachan’s side should avoid making wholesale changes for the crucial Easter Road fixture.

“Against Hibernian and last week against Inverness, we were chasing goals because they scored to go ahead,” revealed the 27-year-old.

“But we do not need to change all that much at all (against Hearts), we just need to improve on the quality of what we are producing.

“When we play well and the crowd applauds it is nice but I do not really mind how good or bad the atmosphere is, I just concentrate on what I have to do and just enjoy playing.”

Nakamura’s 87th minute wonder strike – his third in the green and white of Celtic – came after Paul Maloney’s first half penalty had been cancelled out when Livingston’s Paul Dalglish capitalised on some poor defending from Bobo Balde just before the hour mark.

With Hearts breathing down Celtic’s neck at the summit of the Scottish Premier League, Nakamura’s goal had an even greater degree of importance attached to it – a fact also recognised by the 2004 Asian Cup’s Most Valuable Player.

“There is a difference between the three points and the one point,” said the former Reggina midfielder who moved to Scotland during the summer.

“It will be important for the rest of the season so I am really pleased with my goal.”

2. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

Oguro looks forward to Grenoble move

http://www.footballasia.com/en/regional/East/index.asp?id=42058&sec=0&ssec=0&mth=12&yr=2005&cc=JPN

LONDON – Japan’s Masashi Oguro believes he can succeed in Europe after it was revealed that the former Gamba Osaka frontman has signed to play for French second division club Grenoble.

Oguro, a key figure in Gamba’s recent J.League title win with 16 goals, is also convinced that he has what it takes to help the Japanese-owned side, currently eighth in Ligue 2, secure a place in France’s top flight.

“I have heard that the French second division is tough and I don’t think it is inferior to the J.League,” revealed the 25-year-old.

“Wherever I play it is down to me at the end of the day. What I have to do is give it my best shot and produce results.

“I want to score goals and add strength to the team and hope to help the club win promotion to the first division.”

Grenoble president Kazuyoshi Tanabe was also quick to reveal just what he thinks the talented striker, whose precise contract details have yet to be released, can bring to the Stade Lesdiguières outfit.

“There are a lot of physically strong players in France but Oguro has excellent movement. He is what we need for our team and we want him to help us make the step up and succeed in Europe.”

As well as playing a major part in Gamba’s first ever domestic triumph, Oguro, who will officially join his new employers on January 2, has also become a crucial member of Japan’s national squad and is expected to feature for his country at next year’s World Cup in Germany.

Despite the potential problems that always accompany a player’s move to foreign climes, Oguro is adamant that he has not jeopardised his international career.

“I do not have any real concerns. Wherever I am I still have to maintain my fitness and score goals if I want to be picked.

“If I keep producing then I think I will be able to play in the World Cup.”

While Oguro prepares to move west, it appears that his compatriot Atsushi Yanagisawa could be returning east to rejoin Kashima Antlers from Italian side Messina.

Despite signing a three-year contract with Messina in the summer, Yanagisawa has only made seven substitute appearances for the Serie A strugglers this season and is keen for more playing time in order to assure himself of a spot in the Japan squad for next summer’s World Cup.

3. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

Hey, just a suggestion but how about we make one thread for each player? Any thoughts?

4. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

agreed with you

5. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

ONO THE ONE FOR SAM
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/topst...28601&method=full&siteid=94762-name_page.html

BOLTON boss Sam Allardyce is poised to sign Feyenoord midfielder Shinji Ono.

Allardyce wants the Japanese star to help plug the gaps caused the loss of four players to the African Cup of Nations. Ono will join for a nominal fee when the transfer window opens.

The Bolton manager fears the loss of his African players could devastate his hopes of gatecrashing the European party again.

He will be without El Hadji Diouf, Abdoulaye Faye, Jay-Jay Okocha and Rahdi Jaidi for six weeks.

They are due to fly to Egypt for the tournament from January 15.

Ono, 26, scored for Japan in the 1-1 draw against England at the City of Manchester Stadium just before Euro 2004.

6. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Bad idea, teh threads would just look bare

7. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

and please Nakamura, stop posting so many articles, it's to much info for my brain to handle :cool:

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Did you know that mods close threads, everytime the number of post reach around 500?

9. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

I just think there are too many players in europe now to make individuall threads, i think it's better in 1. There aren't that many japanese posters anyway :)

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

True that...

11. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

At last Ono came back to game.
    he played 45 minutes.

12. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

Big Sam's Ono desire
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=348766&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=549&title=Big+Sam's+Ono+desire&channel=asia
    Bolton close to deal for Feyenoord's Ono
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/december/englhnews2291205.html
    Ono attracts Bolton interest
    http://www.footballasia.com/en/news/index.asp?id=42072&sec=0&ssec=0&cid=1312&mth=12&yr=2005
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/flash/KFullFlash20051230032.html
    http://www.nikkansports.com/ns/soccer/p-sc-tp0-051230-0011.html

Koji Nakata said that he would leave Marseille.
    His next club.... other French sides? Ukraine? Russia? J.League(Kashima)?
    He has refused Israelite side's offer already.

13. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Yes! nevr wanted him to go to Isreal. I hope he comes back to J League.Thanks Shunsuke, your quite the researcher :cool:

14. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Do you know of any russian clubs that are in for him?, I here there starting to build a quility league now

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Heracles Almelo 3 - 0 Vitesse Arnhem

24' [1 - 0] S. Hirayama

33' [2 - 0] G.J. Tamerus

39' [3 - 0] G.J. Tamerus

18 minutes left.

Full time.

Heracles Almelo 3 - 1 Vitesse Arnhem

16. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

HAHAHAHAHAHA SEE!!! i told ya, he's the man :D

17. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

I think he's Heracles's top scorer with 5 now :D
    Tamerus has 4 i think

18. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ono to Bolton would be SWEET!

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

He's there supersub too mostly too. :)

20. Komorowski redded

Dec 26, 2005
  21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  22. Re: 2005-06 Japanese players in Europe thread

I'm sorry, I've never seen his name in the Russian press.
    Yeah, Russian economy is currently pretty good, so they can invest in football.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2005/12/31/01.html

Belgian giants Anderlecht are interested in Koji Nakata.
    If he can go to the club, it will be a good move.
    They play the champions leage regularly although they are weak in the competition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hirayama was named in the MOM of yesterday's game

23. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

I think Anderlecht would be awsome, It's a poorer league, but it's not terrible and hed would have a better chance of success. and he would be playing in the champs league every year! :D

24. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Ina not in West Brom squad, prob still injured, NAKATA NOT STARTING AGAIN!! FOR BOLTON, FUC#K SAKE!!! :mad: :mad: HE HASN'T PLAYED A LEAGUE GAME IN ABOUT A MONTH!! OKOCHA'S SHI#TE HE IS A LAZY DIC#K