Japanese Abroad 2004/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Official Japanese Abroad Thread 2004-05 [R]

マジョルカ大久保決定!1・9デビューも

Okubo is transfering to Mallorca/Majorca as "a 6-month loan with an option to buy".

Now, one problem that both clubs are current facing is the timing of joining. He is officially transfering on January, but the Spanish clubs want him as soon as possible. However, since Osaka is in danger of relegating, they don't want him leaving before end of the season in December.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

It´s half time between Hansa Rostock-Hamburg 0-3 , Takahara have scored in the 42 th minute, i hope he will score one more ;)

3. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002

Guingamp 2 - 1 Le Mans
    35' [0 - 1] Mstsui

I forgot him...

4. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Good news for Kawaguchi, he is coming back to J.League. I think he will play for Jublio Iwata!

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  6. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  8. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

He's the most important midfielder of Kashima Antlers. Good at distributing balls and taking free kicks, although he has a height disadvantage (173cm) in aerial battles. He was included in the J-League Best Eleven three times. He was also selected as MVP in the 2000 and 2001 Championships as well as the 2002 Nabisco Cup. He's been rumored to play in Serie A for quite a while, but his contribution to the national team has been second-class compared to the likes of Nakata, Ono, and Nakamura. He played well in the EAFF Cup though. Is this another rumor?

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Thank you, i cant remember seing Ogasawara playin for Japan (on tv)

10. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A player named Kenji Fukuda scored 10 goals for Guarani in the Paraguayan league this season. Is he from Japan, or only of Japanese descent?

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

He is indeed Japanese. This is his profile if you can read Japanese on your computer: http://www.kenji-fukuda.com/profile/index.htm

He played in J-League from 1996 to 2003 but never made it as a national team player beyond the youth levels.

12. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm surprised I couldn't find a single mention of his name on BigSoccer then... scoring 10 goals in a respectable South American league is definitely worthy of notice.

13. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

We talked about him before but not so much. The Paraguayan league is not well known in Japan, except that Hiroyama played for Cerro Porteno. Compared to Brazil and Argentina, the coverage is quite limited but we occasionally hear that he's made a goal or an assist. Scoring 10 goals (+1 in Copa Liberatodores) for Guarani is not bad.

Shinji Ono scored his third goal in this season against PSV. Feyenoord 3-3 PSV

Nakamura's corner kick and free kick led up to Reggina's goals against Cagliari. Reggina won 3-2.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Hi, could you tell me where Kazuyuki Toda is playing? last i heard he was doing well on loan at ADO Den Haag in Holland. is he back at Shimizu? he never really got a fair shake at Tottenham.

15. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004

Sky Sports are reporting the possibility of the catastrophically badly-managed West Brom loaning out Inamoto, with Championship (i.e. level 2) side Cardiff mentioned as a possible destination. God that guy has been unlucky in his career, and now he has to put up with a total moron like Bryan Robson as his boss.

16. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Toda's back at Shimizu after mending a few fences.

Just to show he hasn't lost his touch, he got red-carded in one of his first games back.

17. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

:D:D

is he in the NT picture at all?

18. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

No. I don't think Zico has called him up once.

Part of the problem is that Zico prefers defensive midfielders who can attack and Toda is simply not good enough. Plus, he didn't play at Tottenham and had a similarly unproductive spell at Den Haag so he was never match fit, even if Zico wanted to consider him.

19. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: Visca el Mallorca

I like Yohito's quote that Mallorca is "just like" Cerezo since it's fighting relegation.

Meanwhile, Ono is back in Japan to get his ankle examined. If he opts to have surgery, he will miss 6 weeks. The left ankle is the one that has always given him trouble.

[​IMG]

20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Inamoto goes down a division. Hope he returns to the top quickly. He definitely seemed out of shape in the Germany match.

I watched some of Fiorentina's last match before the winter break, and Nakata didn't seem that bad. I mean he is definitely worthy to play against North Korea.

21. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England

Yes, he has gone on loan to Cardiff. Just to make his debut a bit more interesting, his first game will be against Wolves (my team, and West Brom's biggest rivals). I'm sure he will be booed by the Wolves fans every time he touches the ball. I hope for his sake that he finds himself a better team - nobody deserves to play for West Brom! :eek:)

22. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Can somone help me out by compiling a list of all current Japanese players playing abroad?

I already know a few:
    Hidetoshi Nakata: AC Fiorentina
    Shunsuke Nakamura: Reggina
    Junichi Inamoto: West Brom (loan to Cardiff City)
    Shinji Ono: Feyenoord
    Yoshito Okubo: RCD Mallorca
    Naohiro Takahara: Hamburger SV

I know Suzuki plays abroad, but I don't know where, and I know there is a Japanese player playing for Le Mans in France too.

Also, can someone help explain what Albirex Niigata S is? Is it similar a similar situation to CD Guadalajara and CD Chivas USA?

23. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002

Yes I think the relationship is very much like Chivas USA.

24. Kenji Fukuda to Mexico.

Kenji Fukuda have signed with Mexican's second division side Pachuca Juniors, with the possibility to play Copa Libertadores with Pachuca's first team.

http://www.terra.com.mx/Futbol/articulo/150293/ (spanish)