Japanese Abroad 2004/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Official Japanese Abroad Thread 2004-05 [R]

Some nervous minutes there, im glad for Okubo and Mallorca.

2. depflight

depflight New Member

Feb 19, 2005

actually, wasn't it Zico who first called Okubo to the NT in the first place... And kept giving him a number of opportunities. But then the Olympics got in the way, and he got to play after that in the Singapore game, but then left for Spain. With Mallorca battling it out to avoid relegation, I didn't think Okubo would be called this week anyway. He's also volatile, and I personally think that he is not ready psychologically to play in a tense qualifier situation (especially this Bahrain&NK games). I'd choose Oguro over Okubo overall at this point.

3. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

If any of you can read Spanish, this is a good feature on Okubo from Marca:

"Okubo, el gran líder de la remontada del Mallorca"
    or "Okubo, the great leader of Mallorca's resurgence"
    http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,635315,00.html

In addition, Mallorca's Ultima Hora daily stated in their match report of the Betis-Mallorca match that Okubo had "demonstrated great promise for the future during the last few games."

Aftre a few months in Palma de Mallorca, Okubo's already Asia's second most successful export to the Liga Primera after Filipino striker and Barcelona all-time leading scorer Lino Alcantara. Not bad.

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

yeah, when you think about it, okubo is a good player but he can be immature

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

He's in great form now, did he get called up by Zico ?

6. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

i don't think so, he is so mad...i swear

7. depflight

depflight New Member

Feb 19, 2005

mad? where did you hear that?

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Sometimes i think i could be a better manager than some of those current.

9. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

no, no,no, i meant as in MAD as in kool, yeah i think he is a hotshot, okubo i mean, not Zico

well zico, as a manager he has put j squad fans to an emotion high, but he isn't mad like Phil. Troussier coz man that guy confused me, his quotes about a lightfeather shirt...but troussier is still cool

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I hate to say it, but WHY IN THE HELL Zico USES Suzuki. I am Kashima fan and I would LOVED to see him leave. How many non PK goals did Suzuki scored this year in the league? ONE. ZERO for NT.

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

of all clubs CELTIC! i think he is gonna have a hard time, not in football-sheesh no he is a fab footballer but the fans and the other clubs fans(not saying that all Scottish club's supportter are mean).. and i hear that you have to really impress Scottish people... so if he moved to Celtic, he has to impress the Scots

13. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Lay off Takayuki, he's been a great servent of the national team over the years.Maybe not in recent times but he's just not a goalscorer get over it!!
    And i see people still calling for Zico to be sacked, well i'd like to see any of you lot do a better job.You have no right to critisise.You are not in training with the players all the time you have know idea what kind of condition the players are in or what kind of gameplan he want's.Just support the bloody team and have faith.We havn't done anything wrong, we won Asian cup we wen't through quilifying with only won defeat and we played fantastically against the european champions and the world champions. It's time for you lot to quite whinning and support Japan

14. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
  15. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
  16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

As an Kashima fan, I would love to see Zico stay as a manager, especially because he is winning games. But he needs to sort out the FW situation ASAP. We all know that Japan has one the best midfield in Asia and possibly in the world. But we never had a pure striker. Part of Zico's job as a manager should be using the right FW at the right time.

If you go back to the CC05, if Oguro has started the game against Greece, Japan probably could have scored more in the game. It's not like Oguro can not score. He has been the most productive FW in the Japanes NT. Zico should have at least gave him a chance, and let Suzuki know that starting position is not always granteed in the NT unless they produce results. If we could have graved some goals against Greece, it would really have helped us in the last game against Brazil.

17. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Kawabuchi.

Don't have a lot of time, so I'll be brief:

1) Qualifying isn't done yet, so don't get attached to that 'one defeat' mark.

II) You don't know what the people around here know or don't know. What gives you the right to criticize us? This is a discussion board - people are going to discuss things, maybe even **gasp** things you may not agree with. Deal.

Tres) For all those good performances (Brazil, Greece, England, Czech Rep.), there have been equally bad ones (Mexico, early qualifiers). Playing to the level of your opponents is not the hallmark of a good team.

Fo') Re: Suzuki, Kaji, Alex, etc. -- Zico has his favorites, I accept that. Show me a manager who doesn't. My question would be: Given that forwards are supposed to be the ones scoring (that is why they're out there, right?), why would you continually send out one who doesn't score?

I await your undoubtedly witty and poignant riposte.

18. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA

i had no idea this thread existed. anyways, i really enjoy watching japanese football (unless it conflicts with Korean football, of course) and would like to know which, other than nakata and ono, japanese players play out of j-league and where?

19. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Not sure how definitive this list is, but it should give you a good overview:

http://www.wldcup.com/Asia/overseas/index.html

20. Go_Japan -- Redded

Jan 30, 2005
    Moskva, (now) Tokyo

nakamura should go to Spartak Moscow.
    if so, i can watch him.
    Moscow is a great city....

21. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

Yes, but isn't it too cold compared to Yokohama and Reggina? Nikkan reports that his destination is Glasgow.

俊輔、セルティックに7億円で移籍決定!

22. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ina staying at the Albion?

I've made an observation over the past week...

West Bromwich Albion have lost their last three pre-season matches. During all three Albion have failed to score; they lost 3-0 at Crewe Alexandra, and while they've been on the Iberian Peninsula for the last six days, they've lost to Sevilla 1-0 and last night they lost to Portuguese champions Benfica 5-0. Next week they will close out the tour on Monday at Sporting Lisbon and then play Cardiff next Saturday, where you probably know Inamoto spent most of last season.

In the last three match reports, Ina was mentioned as 'Albion Starman' (MOTM, if you prefer) all three times. He came on as a sub at Crewe and at Benfica, and played the full 90 against Sevilla. But having not seen or heard the matches, it's a bit difficult to tell from the match reports on the Albion site (wba.co.uk) exactly what Ina did to earn those mentions... make of that what you will. Scanning other sites, I've seen mentions of Ina being good in a 'holding role' in midfield and currently 'more fit and sharp' than some of the Baggies' newer midfield signings.

To be frank I thought he looked to be on his way out of the club at the end of last season, but I think Robbo (and Albion fans) are slowly coming round to seeing what Ina can do for West Brom. The start of the season is fast approaching, so we shall see...

23. Re: Official Japanese Abroad Thread 2004-05 [R]

thanks for your info.
    i hope inamoto will do well.

24. Re: Official Japanese Abroad Thread 2004-05 [R]

what a nightmare......
    the SPL is a hell for him.

25. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

Correction: his transfer has not been settled yet because Borussia MG is also intereted in him. I'd like to see him in the Bundesliga because it's a better league and I like its atmosphere. Celtic is a good team too but Rangers are the only competitor in the SPL, you know.

Nakamura may leave Italy, but we could see another giocatore from Japan. Ogasawara is linked to Lecce. I feel it's time for him to go.

小笠原、レッチェから正式オファー