Japanese Abroad 2002-04 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tsuchiya played the full 90 minutes for Bohemians Praha as they tied Prachatice 1-1 in the Czech second division.

2. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i can see again my post edited by the stupid mod. i know the truth always hurts but even if he is so childish he should have had better patience to handle the unacceptable truth rather than simply editing it. but as a grown-up hamatach also knows that he must go easy on those little children like korean football.

anyways, my beloved hawks beat tigers to win the japan championship, the true world championship. i think from now on the winner of japan and usa should face in a 7-game series. of course, usa will refuse it as they can easily imagine japan beat them anytime and their stupid pride that they, esp old faces, always have cannot simply accept it and they may even commit a suicide. against the hawks, buckett or whatever the marlins young one would not last more than 2 innings.

3. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah Jojima and Iguchi would homers every game of the series, and then for the 7th inning strech Hoshino could come out and wrestle Don Zimmer.

4. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    both iguchi and k.matsui may be going to mlb next year. kokubo transfered to tokyo giants. i can't believe that gachapin is now playing for giants. i'm not sure about jojima, but suppose he also goes to mlb, that'll be a huge loss for the hawks. nomo was nominated 4th best starter in the national league while matsui finished 43rd.

i just checked the news and didn't know we had world cup for the baseball. we sent all amateur side but for the olympic we are sending the 1st team including, matsui, takahashi, uehara, and etc etc and the 1st team lost against some 2nd tier team from japan league. our first opponent is china on nov 5. i didn't know they play baseball.

5. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i've got a copy of olympic baseball. watching us beating likes of taiwan and korea was like teaching children how to hit and run. even those mlb vs japan exhibition games have more entertainment than thrashing those know-nothing. it is rediculous to determine the champ in 3 games when pitching rotation is normally composed of 5. too bad it wasn't 9 games and 3-game series for each so that we demonstrate our opponents the fundamental of baseball in order to improve the quality of play in our region.

back to the hawks, i still cannot believe kokubo is now playing for the giants. matsunaka condamned the front office. jojima and iguchi can be leaving for mlb and muramatsu may go to orix. my beloved hawks is now falling apart. it's all daiei's fault. those stupid retail ************s don't know *#*#*#*# about baseball.

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    does anyone know the average height for the Japanese NT is? the dumb german guy keeps insisting that Japanese NT is too short to be good.

7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    178.7 cm at the last World Cup, or about 5'10.3" - compared to other national teams that's slightly shorter than average, and still taller than a lot of teams.

Taller than every single CONCACAF national team, in fact. (The USA has the tallest national team in CONCACAF, and the USMNT is still very short by world standards - at the last world cup the only shorter teams were Mexico, Costa Rica, and Saudi Arabia.) Which is funny, because at this point very few Germans are going to say that the US national team isn't good, and of course Mexico's been well-regarded for quite a while.

In fact, it's quite interesting that Takahara, the only prominent Japanese player in Germany right now, has a reputation for being strong in the air even by Bundesliga standards (though he's obviously somewhat lacking in pure finishing ability).

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    If you can read Japanese, this is the squad for the upcoming match against Cameroon: http://www.jfa.or.jp/CGI/top/top.cgi?key=pick&0=1899&lf=nihon&yymm=

The average height came out to be 178.4 cm or about 5 foot 10. Okubo is the shortest player at 168 cm (5'6") and Nakazawa is the tallest at 187 cm (6'2").

Edit: looks like 'Ninho beat me to it. But 178 cm seems reasonable. We could use a little more height in defence, but Japan NT's issues are more about physical presence rather than pure physique.

9. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    thanks for the help!!

10. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    what the hell do those german bone heads know about us?

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Takahara announced he will not play in the East Asian Championship and Fulham will try to keep Inamoto in England as well.

I imagine Ono, Nakata and Nakamura will stay in Europe as well, but we'll see.

Do you all go to the players' official sites? Ono is entertaining sometimes:
    http://www.so-net.ne.jp/shinji-ono/message/message_031111_frame.html

12. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

13. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    ono's got injured again. this time by his teammate. since the wc, he's been injured all the time. this is all because of the level of game played in the dutch league. j-league is far better than the dutch league. only reason to play there is because it's in europe and closer to the bigger challenge. let the other asian boy, who's been busy replacing ono's spot everytime he gets injured, have more practice in feyenoord and ono should soon get the hell out of there. fujita is ok to be there since he's already too old and japan cannot count on him for the world cup anyway.

14. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg

EVERYTHING.

For example they know that they gonna lose to korea or japan in the 2006 finals, so they dont let their korean players get playing experience.

but i dont think germans are the only one who do so...

15. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    let's sum up all of our a-match of this year now. have your say japanese.

march
    uruguay 2-2
    april
    korea 1-0
    may
    korea 0-1
    june
    argentina 1-4
    paraguay 0-0
    new zealand 3-0
    france 1-2
    colombia 0-1
    august
    nigeria 3-0
    september
    senegal 0-1
    october
    tunisia 1-0
    romania 1-1
    november
    cameroon 0-0
    december
    china 2-0
    hong kong 1-0
    korea 0-0

what's improved and what should be improved for next year?

next year so far we have iraq, czech, malaysia, oman, singapore, germany, and india. who will run away from japan like portugal? who we should squash really hard?

16. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    why did utrecht release fujita?

17. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I lost track of all the Japanese player plays in Europe since I left Japan. Can you guys help me out.

18. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    jubilo forced fujita to come back. utrecht is also in big financial crisis. anyway, it's just the dutch league. j league is much better

19. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    [​IMG]

Yanagisawa will marry model Yukari Obata on Christmas Eve. Good for him. I don't think he hasn't scored in a while.

20. nihonjin07

nihonjin07 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    japan
    it looks like the guy in the back with the japanese flag painted on his face is checking her out.

21. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    He could do a lot worse.

Good for Yanagisawa.

22. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  23. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute... if Fujita's not at Utrecht, why does Soccernet say he started a match for them... AFTER that post?

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    They announced his release earlier but he stayed with Utrecht until the match on Sunday.