Japan vs Yemen [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by rougou, Aug 12, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Forget South Americans ... at least they bring some skill to the table.

It sounds exactly like almost every El Salvador match I've ever watched.

2. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They weren't diving(to get FK or PK), but much lying for time wasting.
    And Osim and Japanese players were saying Yemens have skills and speed before game, but in this game they were just too defensive as rougou said. In Yemen they will show differently. They beat UAE by 3 - 1 in their home.

stats
    Shots Japan 30 Yemen 5
    Possession Japan 72% Yemen 28%

3. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    yemen was so annoying. when will those ****** learn to stop grassrolling? do they have shame? hell no. i really want to know how gulf cup looks like.. do they even play soccer?

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its good to have a coach that knows what things Japan did wrong at least. When Zico won games like this he would just say they didn't finish well enough but he'd be satisfied with the win.

The only time Zico would do anything was if Japan lost to a weaker team, like North Korea. And since he had no clue, he would just replace the entire starting lineup the next game, as if punishing the starters will make them magically better. Even if the subs did better, he went back to his favorites every time.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am back now.... I was in Bangladesh and India and had to deal with no internet for a month :(

7. Video Newbie

Video Newbie New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Back in US :(
    Just curious, did your trip have to deal with college school-work in some way? :confused:

Thanks for the youtube clip, it sucks I can't watch any of the JNT matches from here now. :mad:

VN

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No. By blood, I am Bangladeshi and most of my relatives live in Bangladesh and India. Btw I was able to catch the Asian Cup Qualifier between India and Saudi on TV in India.

9. japanesewarrior

japanesewarrior New Member

Oct 22, 2005
    here,there,everywher
    Well said.

Also, thanks for the clip. But looking at it now, we got lucky since both goals were horrible mistakes by the goalie and from set pieces. We can't beat the better teams in Asia and win just relying on set pieces.

Good overall though. A win is a win.