Japan Vs Australia, 12 June 06 (World Cup) [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Acidman, Jun 5, 2006.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Go enjoy your win but as an objective observer I have to say Australis was clearly not the better team.

Japan was running circles around Australia in the midfield. I mean where were you when Japan closed down the flanks with their speed forcing Australia to send in hail maries into the middle only to get the ball stripped by the faster Japanese.

Hiddink was going nuts on the sideslines because of this.

THe shots on goal doesn't show any dominance at all. It's a reflection of Japan's mistaken attempt at trying to defend their 1 goal lead. Australia was getting beaten on everyball and had no answers in second half. It was only when Japan shrank back to their third of the field to bunker down for the 1-0 win that Australia was able to get the scoring chances from Hiddink's brilliant subs Cahill and ALoisi.

Hiddink MOTM.

2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Re: Japan Vs Australia, 12 June 06 (World Cup)

Don't worry Australia got their only win in WC. Japan can still beat Croatia.

3. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Don't be a troll dude.

4. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    Hiddink was going crazy because not only was Japan winning from a goal that shouldn't be allowed, but because the Japanese were jumping around like a bunch of pansies. you think he got into a tussle with one of the japanese coaching staff because Japan were playing a better game!?

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Did Hiddink have anything to say about that tussle? Never heard but Im interested to know.

6. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    This is what happened & what he said:

7. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yeah I think so too. That in itself, however, says nothing about whether it was boring or not as you earlier remarked. I don't think I quite get your chain of argument here, they don't seem to be relevant.

8. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    THe incident your referencing has nothing to do with my earlier post. I was referring to Hiddink looking really pissed on the sidelines as Japan was blocking off all passing lanes down the flanks forcing Australia to play hail maries in the middle only to have speedy Japan strip the ball away. This stopped only when Japan bunkered down to defend their 1 goal lead while Hiddink brilliantly took advantage by subbing in Cahill and Aloisi and beefing up the midfield which led to all 3 goals. Hiddink was MOTM.

And thank for posting the source because the article is very different from your post. It clearly says that Hiddink was pissed not because of Japanese diving "like pansies" but because the officials blocked him from being able to view the replay.

In any case, Japan was still running cirlces around your midfield and Japan was the better team out there until they shrank back to their third of the field. Zico got outwitted and gave away that game to Hiddink. That was the winning difference.

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I just think it's never good to buncker down in your third of the field especially when you're owning midfield to protect a 1 lead goal and the other team is just rabid for a goal and subbing in strikers.

10. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    Can you read!? he was "furious" because the Japanese were DIVING. stupid.

and if you actually payed attention, you would of noticed that the Japanese were in their own third for the entire match. occasionally making it up midfield for counter attacks. no one really played that much in midfield. Australia was left to stroll up the park and just take pot shots at goal and then once Japan got possesion they would slip it through midfield just for them to make some crap cross or dribble it to our keeper. You didn't even watch the match, did you... because all this shit is elementary.

11. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    I just can't help poking fun at an idiot calling someone else "stupid".

Can you read?The quote says "Hiddink was also involved in a furious row with a coach from the Japanese bench shortly after when he appeared to accuse one of the Japanese players of diving."It's very different from "he was "furious" because the Japanese were DIVING." Hiddink can believe that a Japanese player has dived but when you say "he was furious because Japaese were (where did that plural come from?:confused: )diving,it's nothing but an embellishment.

My take of the match is that Australia deserved to win although neither played attractive football.Japan disappointed me,especially Nakamura,who could not cope with being man-marked,and occcasionally roughhandled,and started acting like a prima donna.

I watched the match in a bar in Montreal and as the broadcast started 9 am and it was one of the least popular match-ups,there were only about fifteen of us.There was a couple of Australian girls who apparently had no clue of what was going on and kept on shouting "Oh my God!" in a truly idioitic fashion.The girls like them and a person like you who cannot be graceful even after a victory remind me why I'm not rooting for Australia whoever they play against.

12. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Another thing I'd like to add to the last few exchanges is that the concept of "fighting for space" is an ambiguous area in football. At international level, it is more a question of countering the body weight. There has been some posters who have accused Japan of going down a lot, but I think they're missing the point.

A lot of tackles that came from australia was pridominantly about winning the space above the ball i.e. they didn't play the ball. It's more of a 'hip-ball' than 'foot-ball', if you prefer. That may work in some leagues, particularly if the contending player applies his body weight upon you. But that's NOT a given. It's merely an option. In other words, if you are doing the same to a player who weighs less than you, it is your responsiblity to change the amount of weight you apply on the player. You can't cricitize the receiver for going down if you become the cause of it.

At least that's how it works out at an international level. A lot has been said about the difference between, say, EPL and European refreeing, but there is a profound difference. Even the physically aggressive English players know this, and so they alter the way they tackle from a physical tackle to a technical tackle, in international games against non-eurpean sides. That is wise. They have the ability to alter their style of play.

The way it turned out, Australia players were in many cases just charging into Japan players from behind. What's amazing here isn't so much about how Japan players were diving, but how little Australians could do without getting physical. It's almost as if they were resorting to physical play to compensate for the lack of choice in stopping Japan play their usual game. It's cynical, then, to blame Japan for "diving" when you are acting as the catalyst to such consequence. It's so easy to criticize others (including refrees) for what you don't like, yet it's ironic when you are very much a part of the problem.

I'm not saying that's a bad play. I'm just saying, you face the consequences of your style of play and not blame others for it.

13. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    So say Japanese fans. get your head out of your ass and sit down. You can come out with all the excuses and bullshit you want, we beat you soundly. deal with it.

14. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    That sounds more like a cheap shot by putting a spin on the whole conversation, particularly if you didn't have a sound counter-argument. If you were sincere, you'd see enough rationale in the posts here to have a proper dialogue, myself included.

I will not take anything away from the 3 great goals Australia scored, and that led to your victory. That has NOT been the point of contention. The real point of contention has been the manner in which that victory has manifested, and that's where all the argument has converged.

In other words, you are barking up the wrong tree. Either that or you have no other choice but to resort to personal attacks and cheap shots in order to defend against a perfectly logical argument some of us have provided. Your reply here highlights a lot more of your bias and lack of clear thoughts than anything else.

15. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    Do i need to have a counter-argument?... no. we aren't measuring dicks here. I'm Australian and i'm guessing you're a Japanese supporter or else you wouldn't be still making a deal out of this, so therefore our different opinions are going to be biased. Why don't you go read some of the neutral posts and you will see that they admit we applied heart and a talented team against Japan....and they never said anything about some bad fouls, you know why? because it happens in every game. The only complaints i have ever heard were from the Japanese or people who have something against us. is this a coincidence!? You congratulate us on our win, but then you call us dirty so how do you think we'll react. This is your feeble to attempt to look "reasonable"

and about that crap where you elaborated for about a half page on what Hiddink said. I think it's quite obvious what he meant and even though i dumbed it down for you, you still don't get it. so i gave up.

16. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    First of all,you are on the Japan board so don't act like you're surprised that you've encountered several posts that are sympathetic to Japan.

Second,where did your mention of dick come from?Very pathetic,to say the least.

Lastly the last paragraph is plain silly.You embellished on Guus Hiddink's comments to suit your argument and thinks saying that you "dumbed it down for us" will work?You lack basic level of intelligence.I'm not surprised that you "gave up."

Now that you mentioned "neutral posts",why don't you look around and see what neutral posters are saying about how Australians play football."Physical" is rather a nice way of putting it.You'll find posts calling your team plain dirty.

17. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    Shit, ey. I never even noticed i was on the Japan board or else i wouldn't of wasted my time.

secondly, the d1ck comment is well known metaphor... but i guess i can't expect you to get it.

and i don't know where you're seeing these so called "neutral" posts but all i hear are praises, i guess you're going to go to the trouble and find some to counter me. :rolleyes:

yes, i did dumb it down because obviously i need to. heaven forbid i mention another metaphor ;)

Anyway, im sorry for coming in here and trying to take away the last of your pride.

Cya

18. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What a dirty liar.

19. stralian

stralian New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Indiana, USA
    No really. I used the search thingy to see what people were saying about Australia and i saw this thread. didn't even notice it was in the Japanese forum, no wonder there is so much hostility in here.

bye now.

20. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Try to search yourself. You know in which forum the thread belongs, right of search screen shows forum name. And if you reply to Thread , you can also see that is in Japanese forum.
    How many times you post here? You are either a liar or too silly man.
    Don't think if you say I didn't know , that's OK.

21. zixuanowen

zixuanowen BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 3, 2005
    Japan team has paid for their dirty playing, they scored by pushing goalkeeper, they scored by handball against China 2 years ago, they also played tricks in the penalty shooting in the Asian cup semi-final then, they used a lot of cunning means in other matches as well...

Now the God is really angry, and Japan lost...

Meanwhile the match proved one thing: Korea NT is better than Japan's.

seems Japan NT is over in this tournment... blasted away...

22. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    One troll after another...:(

23. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oh Second team in AC was dirtiest team in AC, so God angry them and they lost to Quwait so early and even could not go to WC?

Ref ignored the Aussie foul that should have been PK, was that Japanese diving? I think even neutral opinion said that was not dive, but PK. Hiddink words are far from nuetral. Off cource it is OK because Japan's first goal was Japan's foul. I can't complain. Just Australia deserved win. But don't come here to troll.

24. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Why do you need a counter-argument, you ask. Because you are here, is the simplest answer. Looking at the thrust of your posts so far, you are obviously here to make a point, or you wouldn't need to be here in the first place. It's funny how you keep replying and then say you don't need a counter-argument. It's ironic.

In both replies you gave me, you didn't actually reply to me. Instead, you just sent out a few aggressive rhetoric and soundbites which resemble something I'd expect to see in teenagers who aren't able to construct a sound argument in any other way. I get tired of it because you keep digressing. I have plenty to say about the points you raised in that 'reply' as well, but you'll probably just come back with something else entirely again.

In a thread like this I don't banter. I expect a serious dialogue. The points I raised are sincere and thoughtful rationally, and you would have plenty to say on the specifics other than taking cheap shots if you actually had something concrete.

But you don't. Your avoidance of the matter speaks volumes. Reading your other replies to others as well, it seems you're just messing about.

25. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Wow, that came from nowhere :) Not that I necessarily disagree, but it did come from nowhere.

Seriously though, well played to Korea for coming back from 1-0 albeit against Togo. It always takes guts to go back up like that and it was fun to watch too.