Japan at the 2013 Confederations Cup

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Nov 26, 2012.

1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Part of FC Tokyo central defence..........relegated.
    Then part of Gamba Osaka central defence..........relegated.
    Now part of JNT central defence............9 goals conceded in 3 games (plus hardly a clean sheet for ages).

And we don't have a better CB in Japan?
    He's good at 1v1 defence, but you need more than that against teams able to attack in all number of ways.

Also Saku I think I've discussed this with you in a previous thread, the reason why Barca can do that is cause they have other players who are able to contest the high ball in the shorter CB's place if necessary (Busquets). If you're going to compare Konno in JNT with a team that picks a shorter CB then why not compare with Gamba or FC Tokyo when he played for them instead of picking one of the strongest teams in the world.

2. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    He was relegated with Consadole Sapporo too.
    Not that I'm here to bash him, Konno is the King of J2 but I can't see anyone better than him in J1...

3. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    You can't see any better as Zac (dunno why Saku take the same position of his hated italian about CB) and the EAFF/friendly matches from now to may 2014 will be the right way to test other options nope?

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nobody will blame Zac at all if he tries out other options, those options fail, and he goes back to Yoshida-J2 Konno despite knowing their shortcomings. If that then is the case he'd have to try Okada-Japan formation.

In the meantime, neither Yoshida or Konno will spectacularly fall in ability from not being called up for a few games. Yes imo this puts Tulio back on the cards, and if we get real desperate (say Feb 2014) then Nakazawa if he's doing well in J.League.

5. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How about making a poll for posters who closely follow J1-J2 league week in week out, to choose which are best CBs in Japan right now?

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I doubt anyone really watches and goes beyond the reputations, ie Nakazawa and Tulio the legendary pair of majestic phoenix and the rest of the pack, mere mortals.

Dax repped this.
  8. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Quite a few people on this forum watch J-League

TODOROKI_11 repped this.
  9. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    For the J-League matches I've watched recently, I wouldn't even consider calling Nakazawa or Tulio any more. Testing other players is necessary, but there are not many good options...

10. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    C'mon Spain. 2 x 0 today. :coffee:

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You saw that Tulio is playing like shit in the JLeague? He gets exposed every week, and I suspect sometimes he doesn't ever care too much - about defending, I mean (like the Kudo goal I posted many times). He sure likes to score though.

Nakazawa... :/. Marinos may be taking few goals but Kurihara is definitely doing better than him. Even today, cross -> he's doing absolutely nothing on Davi.
    Last week? The same, Osako got past him like a J2 defender.

I'll be always grateful for his WC performance but remember that the team was very bad in the months prior to it and then played all on counters. And I remember clearly Okada rotating Nakazawa-Tulio-Konno-Kurihara before the WC too... (with bad results). He is still good but past his prime...

Well he tried Kurihara against Mexico and it didn't work... I'll be first to say you can't really judge on one match, but I don't think we'll see Japan becoming a rock in defense with some unfound prospect... As for the Okada-Japan... it won't happen, he's trying to make Japan play offensive, so no...

Then when JLeague comes back, please take a look on Yuji and Tulio (not joking\trolling)

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    almost

13. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jinxed the game, my bad

[​IMG]

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    you should be happy, that's a pretty good show so far.

15. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, it's pretty obvious that Brazil will have a great home advantage. That audience can shake the other team emotional balance and sht

16. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nope. They have as good or even better players on each position (aside from Casillas, Iniesta or deteriorated Xavi). And team has got immense morale and great team spirit. Best football I've seen this year, matched only by Bayern on club level.

Dax repped this.
  18. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now you point where I said that Brazil has shitt.y players :D
    I'm glad we're seeing the end of an era, an era of spanish domination in football, on the other hand I'm just sad that is Brazil is carrying the torch now, it could be other team.

19. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Holy sht, gaymar. Be a man :sick:

21. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Neymar was great, man of the match and probably best player at CC. He will be even greater when he stops diving.

Dax and Whispered11 repped this.
  22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why me? I have already mentioned that they are not the solution.

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So you're also of the opinion the defence needs no looks. 9 goals in 3 games isn't enough reason to look at other options.

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Brazil will get out in the quarter-finals round next year. They're not playing as a team and Scolari doesn't have Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho like in 2002. We'll see.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uh, no? I said Tulio and Nakazawa are nowhere the replacements we need right now.
    It is a similar situation as Okada, but hopefully the team will improve or we'll be forced again to CounterJapan =/.
    And it doesn't help, that there are hardly better players in those position in JLeague, unfortunately.

Also goals taken per-se don't mean anything. Italy took in this competition, yet they did very well.

@ Blue well it was only because because you answered
    to this post, which was making this point.