Japan @ Asian Cup 2019

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is it muslim prayer in the background all the time??

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Interesting how both Japan and Korea can look so bad as soon as the Asian cup started.

3. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Maybe both have the same goal of getting out of group stage with the least damages possible, then start playing more serious in the 2nd round. I do realize some of the weak Asian teams have improved through the years but still... it's Asia we're talking about here.

4. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    In PES it is. In reality I bet it's the same.

5. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't think it's a prayer call but I believe that's how supporters in the Middle East cheer for their teams. More like a choir albeit an annoying one lol.

seolseol repped this.
  6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This is not tactics, they are performing bad while the underdogs are doing a pretty good job.
    In the last AC Final8 Japan lost to UAE, arabs teams (clubs and NTs) are improving and performing well worldwide.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lets hope so!

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I like Ito, instant threat.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    JAPAN - OMAN 1-0 (FT)

Umm... I really don't know what to say. Decent to slightly above average performance, I guess.
    The people around me who happen to be from the Middle East are furious as hell lol for Japan's penalty and the handball that was not awarded as penalty to the Omanis.

Congrats.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The attack was frankly crap in the 2nd half.

seolseol repped this.
  11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Fixed.

12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We are through to the last 16.

Last match against Uzbekistan on Thursday to decide the winners of the group.

If Japan wins the group they will face either Qatar or Saudi Arabia. (QF: Jordan).
    If they finished second they will finish either Australia or Syria. (QF: UAE).

Both Scenarios are not a joke, but the good thing we avoid Iran and South Korea until the semifinals.

HTCONEM8 and seolseol repped this.
  13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seem like they were not even interested. So boring.

14. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    such a depressing performance. fortunately oman were even more depressing.

the fact we had one shot in the second half says everything. the decision making in the final third was terrible.

in all honesty finishing second may be better. playing an in form saudi arabia and qatar in the Middle East... no thanks. jordan is no joke.

Kakeru, seolseol and HTCONEM8 repped this.
  15. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #90 HTCONEM8, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Hmm... Saudi or Qatar? Both have speedy and dangerous attackers, I wonder if JNT's defense can effectively deal with them. I also see the 2nd path is a bit easier.
    Saudi is the same team that played in the recent WC whereas JNT is in a transitional phase with some new players and a new coach. So no, thanks.

16. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    If the manager wanted to try out number 11 and 13, why didn't he wait till the group is secure?
    At this rate I'd rather let minamino and osako play non stop although they were not that impressive. Number 11 and 13 were nearly useless

17. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Osako was just getting back from an injury and it flared up again after playing the full match. So Japan's failure to make easy work of Turkmenistan contributed to this.

Japan clearly missed him as nobody else could seem to finish a 1v1 chance. Their penalty was soft and there was a clear and blatant handball by Nagatomo. Although I'm not exactly going to cry a river for Oman and their disgraceful kicking at Doan's legs after every play. Japan's lack of a clear chance in the 2nd half was not encouraging, but Oman showed they have no attack - only counterattack - so Japan may have been content to just see the match through instead of sending men forward and playing into Oman's hands.

YakYak repped this.
  18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Uzbekistan leading 4-0. Just saying, again, the other teams can score.

19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan has to win to finish first.

seolseol repped this.
  20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Moriyasu should save some starters in Turkeminstan's match, instead of playing a full-strength team who were disinterested to play and only woke up in the second half.

rougou repped this.
  21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japans b-team should be able to beat Turkmenistan with a couple of goals. Seriously. Who are we fooling. Time to fkcng wake up for this team.

Samurai Warrior and Kakeru repped this.
  22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Seriously, I don't know what kind of expectations you all had before the tournament started. It's surely the weakest Japanese NT in this decade for sure. At least they did the minimum which was getting past the group stage. I'm expecring nothing from this bunch and if they can get to the final stages this means that Asian football is in really horrible state.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Look at the players! You dont think they are good enough to beat minor teams with more than goal? I think so. Fair enough they had no game up to this tournament, but the friendlies late last year showed us something, they scored goals! And the players that scored are the ones in this team. No Okazaki, no Honda, no Kagawa.

YakYak, Kakeru and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  24. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    I somewhat agree with it. If Nakajima's available I expect jnt to challenge for the cup. Even so, with current players, I still want a more impressive display.

25. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The lack of a single friendly match before the tournament is a huge mistake IMHO. Otherwise, I also agree that Japan can and should be doing a hell lot better than that.

It's disheartening to see Japan being unable to blow opponents away while Qatar and Saudi Arabia actually whooped North Korea 6-0 and 4-0 respectively, Iraq whooped Yemen 3-0, China whooped the Philippines 3-0, and even India whooped Thailand 4-1. That Japanese team has the tools to rip lower teams to shreds, but I feel more like I'm watching England in most tournaments when it comes to being unable to deliver.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.