January Transfer Window Thread(Polish Players ONLY)

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Nov 20, 2005.

1. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Should have joined Celtic, would have a triple threat from the NT on the same squad, and as far as CL is concerned Olympiakos is not a sure bet to win the Hellenic National League and get the auto spot, since AEK is only 3pts behind. Besides with Boruc, Zurawski, and Zewlakow, Celtic would win the 3rd qf round anyways.

2. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    There was a intresting editorial in Przeglad Sportowy on the Zewlakow move to Greece. The guy who wrote it brought up a couple good points. By not re-signing with Anderlecht our LB is really jeoperdizing his chance to get some decent playing time for the remainder of his stay with them. They will probably start playing the young Belgium player who is considred one of their hottest prospects on defence. Not good. We don't need one of our better defenders sitting on the pine before the WC. Especially in a position where we have no depth what-so-ever. Kielbowicz is not NT material...:(

3. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I agree, he should have gone to Celtic instead, that would have been a great move for everyone. Or maybe he should have consulted with Janas, and asked him how he would feel if he didn't play consistently. Let's hope that he gets some playing time in Greece, if not our defence is in deep trouble.

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Krzynowek is reportedly seriously considering a move to K-lautern. I lost the link, but its in Gazeta. Since he is not getting any better offeres, I'd go there, if I were him. Better to play for a crap team against pretty good opposition than to sit on the bench and complain. And a good showing in the WC will see the offers come in anyway.

5. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Anderlecht is in a three way race for the 2 CL qf round spots with Club Brugge and Standard Liege, not to mention that SV Zulte-Waregem and Genk are only 3 points behind them in 4th and 5th. So as much as RSC may want to start setting up the spot for their prospect, they will need someone solid on D to try and secure a CL qf stage spot, so Zewlakow will most likely continue to be their first choice LB.

6. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  7. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    well if Dudek stays he is pretty much saying good-bye to his WC hopes. As for Krzynowek, he said already that he wants to stay at Bayer and fight for his place. Not the best of decisions but a respectable one at least. As for the Olympiakos move, I think the actual transfer is good, but them announcing it now is stupid. Absolutely nothing to gain from the early announcement.

8. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    Dudek will go and play in the WC, make no mistake about that.

9. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Dudek WILL NOT go to Germany is he keeps riding the pine at Liverpool. There is just no reason for him to be caled up, especially since he really blew it in Korea. By the time the WC comes along his heroics in the CL will be more than one year old, and without competitive games, especially as a goalkeeper, you are pretty much useless to the team; your reflexes are gone, your spirit is low... And I am sure that Janas wants to have as little of the old Korea/Japan players as possible on his Germany team anyway. A handful of defenders plus Krzynowek and Zurawski will be enough to bridge the gap between 2002 and 2006.

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    i agree with smoga. I cannot see a valid reason for having Dudek on the team. The only thought that sprang up was throwing him in for a penalty shoot-out, but Boruc has got that covered fine enough for me. Maybe the experience factor playing in. But I believe it would be better to ADD to the experience of 3 goalies that have the chance to be better than Dudek, than to waste a pick on one that is going to be 33 next year and is not going to play.

11. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    We'll see come June.

12. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Same here. If Dudek stays at 'pool and gets to wear a jacket in the stands for the next 4 months, then there is no way that he should be on the team, considering that we have 3 real good keepers playing regularly for their clubs.

13. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Well, than again though, the Russian league did end a couple months ago, so its not like Kowalewski is playing either is he?

14. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    True, his last game was on the 19th November, but they restart at the beginning of march if I am not mistaken, so he'll have planty of time to get back in form, and since our domestic re-starts at about the same time following the winter break, Kowalewski should be at about the same level of fitness as those NT members playing club football in the OE, and that is still considerably better than sitting in the stands at Anfield. :D

15. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    hahah thats true...I was unaware of when they re-started the Russian league, thanks.

16. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    np. I had to look it up myself.

17. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    You are making it sound as if were to sit on his ass 24/7 for the next few months :rolleyes: He will train, and practice just as hard as everyone else. He and the NT will be together for over a month training together. So Dudek, will be ready.

3 good keepers? WHO?
    Boruc. Still has what? zero clean sheets in the SPL, and at times has allowed bone head goals. He is a keeper who depends on his defense, which is why he allowed 3 goals vs one of the worst teams in the SPL (Dundee Unt.)
    Kuszczak. Makes alot of amazing saves yes, but half of the saves are because he is out of possition. Let's not forget how he bombed playing in Hertha BSC Berlin. Too many people are jumping on Kuszczak was too fast. Also, how would Kuszczak handle the presure in the WC?
    Kowalewski. Doing very well in Russia, but my guess is that almost no one here has ever seen him play for Spartak Moskwa since we don't get Ruski TV, but even with his great play he has never played vs any good team on the NT level and for some strange reason no other big club has looked at him.

I'm sticking with Dudek, a man who knows what needs to be done. A man who has been there and has already lost it, a man who took the CL final in his own hands and secured one of the most amazing finishes in the CL.

18. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    whoa whoa whoa. Boruc has 6 clean sheets this year, unlike the 0 you said he has. And you said he relies on his defence????Have you ever seen Celtic play, the defence is terrible there. As for Kuszczak, the amazing saves he makes are a result of his defence not doing their job, NOT him being out of his position. Hes made about about 7 awesome saves this year, and you say most of them are a result of him being out of position...uhh,:rolleyes:. As for Kowalewski, did you ever think that maybe he doesnt get transferred to a better club because he is the reigning goalkepper of the year and Dynamo will do anything to keep him?

BTW, about Dudek, do you even remember the 3 goals he let in during the first half? Unfortunately, Poland doesnt have a Steven Gerrard to set things flying, or the skill of some of those players that would have made it impossible for the comeback.

19. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Training and playing competitive matches are two different things. With regard to Boruc you cannot base your argument on his last game, you have to take into account that he has played really well for them for pretty much the whole season. An outlier stat does not the whole season make. With regard to Kuszczak, it doesnt matter what happened at Herta, what matters is whats going on now. Another 11 saves today to give his team a point at Charlton. Dudek had his shot in '02. I dont know about anyone else but i wasnt exactly thrilled with his performance. As for the CL final, thats great, but he did let in 3 in the first half, and won the pks with some kind of convulsion defence :D, but ppl are not likely to fall for it again.

20. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Sorry, but that's completely wrong. Like karny said, Boruc has had six clean sheets already, and has not even one let in a true howler at Celtic. Maybe one goal that was "bonehead" a couple of weeks ago when he wasn't sure whether to grab the oncoming cross or stay on the line, and made it look stupid. But that's it. And how can he depend on his defense? The Celtic defense absolutely sucks ass! Give props to Boruc for at least being able to marshall them a bit, when he directs them at least those lazy asses have some sense of playing together.

You are right about Kowalewski in that no one's really seen him recently outside of Europe and the few NT appearances. But I remember him from Legia, where he already was pretty good and in the few matches that I did see him, he was excellent. And the Russians love him as well and sing his praises for his everyday work, which is probably not so easy being a Polish guy in Russia.

21. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    my mistake, i was looking at the Celtic site and it said 0 Shut-Outs.

Celtics defense does suck, but Poland's isn't much better.

22. slask

slask New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    R defence aint great but its not that bad either(they have there days) players like Jop and Zewlakow are underrated

23. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    same with Baszczynski...Its not as much that our defence is really bad as it is that we have no depth in that position...if thats not too confusing

24. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  25. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    does anyone know of a site that re-capped all the polish signings and transfers during this transfer period?