January Camp 2020

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Sebsasour, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

IndividualEleven repped this.
  2. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Funny there's a discussion on here about Bedoya without anyone mentioning the ESPN.com (maybe from ESPN FC show) from a couple days ago, (https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...bedoya-critical-of-usmnts-naive-style-of-play) (not sure this link will work).

Still critical of the US style of play, still speaking his mind. As others have said, that's why he's not on the team, and that's why he was phased out.

Agree that he could have easily provided the leadership and grit that has been lacking the last 3-4 years (that MB was supposed to be providing). But USSF has no time for contrarians.

Namdynamo, gunnerfan7, neems and 5 others repped this.
  3. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just downright un-American to be a Contrarian. You do all agree on that, Comrades, yes?.........;)

LouisZ, mike4066 and yurch10 repped this.
  4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I would have been if I had known about it.

Tried to look up the camp schedule but couldn't find it anywhere.

5. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Didn’t miss much. Nice words from Gregg and Brian. Got some player hand slaps. Couldn’t really get anything from the training session except Gyasi will never have a great touch, Matt Turner’s not a bad GK and there was no way in hell Kayo belonged even close to the first team.

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Cappis looked?. He is my dark horse to make it.

7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    wow

8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Didn’t really stand out as bad or good. No one really did. It took me a while to even identify him. Same with Ferreira. Should have brought binos.

Winoman and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  9. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I take it that everyone was mediocre?

Pl@ymaker and TimB4Last repped this.
  10. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    It was training but also kind of an exhibition. I had hoped to see more drills but what we mostly saw was half ass scrimmaging. Really couldn’t take much from it. As far as fitness, unsurprisingly, Arriola looked the most match fit. My initial impression was “these don’t look like international level players and this doesn’t look like an international level training session. Given that this was my first time watching a USMNT practice, though, I figured I wasn’t being fair. Especially since it’s cupcake. Wish someone more competent could have been there and reported. I did have a good time though and Berhalter is much more personable up close.

Namdynamo, Patrick167, neems and 6 others repped this.
  11. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Uly Llanez still there?

12. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I heard he had to go back to Germany.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    What are the odds the game vs Costa Rica will be broadcasted in Korea, or should I just plan on getting a watching it through VPN? I’m not even sure how to go about googling it.

15. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  16. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I think that’s it for him and the USMNT. Great career and hopefully over time, he’ll be remembered for the totality of his career and not just the end. He deserves that.

Namdynamo, USSoccerNova, nobody and 5 others repped this.
  17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wishful thinking. He’s getting that caps record. He will be back.

nowherenova and yurch10 repped this.
  18. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, you know he's not going to give up!

19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can come back as a coach. Maybe.

20. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    It's been over 2 years since Couva, the perfect time for his natl team career to end. It didn't, and as recently as the last US game Stu Holden (undoubtedly under instruction from USSF) was saying he was Egg's starter at the 6.

Not sure a few months is going to make much difference (who else can hit those juicy long diagonals?), but I suppose we can all hope.

21. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC

Lol. Like I’ve said, we shouldn’t blame him or Lovitz for competing and trying their best to get a spot. It’s the coach who picks the lineup.....

TrueCrew and jnielsen repped this.
  22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lovitz had never played for the national team so I don't blame him at all. Bradley shares blame with coaches calling him up as many players internationally retire from the national to concentrate on their club career because their bodies can't hold up to the strain of playing for both anymore. Bradley must know he's not as good as he once was but he's one of those players who will never admit that maybe even to himself.

23. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Holden walked that back a bit on TSS. Saying that MB doesn't, "influence the games like he used to," "building a team around him doesn't make sense anymore", "not sure the style of play the team has used with MB is the best choice". Those are paraphrases of what I heard a month ago, not direct quotes from a transcript.

Holden basically seems to not consider Adams as a candidate and compares Bradley to Yueill and Trapp. Whether he is getting this from GB or not, that is how GB has played it.

Very soft pro-USSF analysis. McBride on ESPN has basically said Adams should be the #6.

24. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are transitioning. The Howard, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley era is ending. I have zero problem with keeping vets around.

But if Adams & McKennie can get & stay healthy, Yueill progresses, and Nagbe accepts a call, he becomes peripheral at best. As he should at this stage.

25. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    That's good news, and hopefully these hints are an accurate representation of the future (also, fanboi Ives didn't even have him listed on the Defensive MF rankings, and word has always been he has a direct line to the family, so maybe good news there too).

That said, the last four or five years had been like a horror movie, where the villian just won't die.

Patrick167 repped this.