James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    haha THANK YOU to the local fans !

20-2

2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would you like some more? Thanks for having us.

Donauwelle and kromekote repped this.
  3. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #7428 Donauwelle, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    It is a small club with footballers that are so down the level that for them it is something special to have played a match against World Champions, German Champions etc. Something to tell your Grandchildren - better to be nutmegged by Ribery than never have played against him...

The goalkeeper will tell to his children that somewhen James has scored a goal against him - and that will not be something bad...

And - it is in Upper Bavaria where most people are Bayern fans - even if they might have a heart for their local club, too.

-----------

James did not take part in today's training as he got a little knock in the match Wednesday. Nothing bad but he probably will stay home Sunday for the Supercup - I would not have expected that he starts anyways as he is the last one who arrived into the training camp and is not far in preparation.

Doogs repped this.
  4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Feel like he rushes back from injury and just ends up getting reinjured. Muscular issues dating back to pre WC.

pepinointer repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At least Bayern is winning.

8. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I did not really expect him to play as he is just one week in training. But he did not travel to Frankfurt. That training match Wednesday was something different. Kovac has players available that are there since July or atleast a week longer.

pepinointer repped this.
  9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Very irresponsible; he has to be careful and learn from this to not overwork himself.

10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    to be fair, he was tackled by the opponent, not sure how that shows irresponsibility. Let's not forget he sat out most games of the World Cup because of injury so he's a professional. Just hope all these nagging injuries go away. I'd rather he stay in Germany for the next set of friendlies and train with his club.

villus, elviejomen and pepinointer repped this.
  11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I agree with you, and I think James is a consummate professional...but I gotta play Devil's advocate here.

He did NOT sit out most games of the World Cup. He started two of four and came on as a sub in another. What's more, that sub appearance against Japan was the least impactful, lowest energy James we've EVER seen. Not for Colombia, Bayern, Real, Monaco, Porto, or Banfield have I ever seen him so passive. He wasn't near even 50% and he must have had some idea about that as he barely ran. AND that was a game that we very easily could've won with a stronger 2nd half, mainly needing pace and pressure that he had nothing of.

I didn't read the injury reports that closely, but I recall that his check out against Senegal was because of a 2nd injury. He was in the stands against England, and you could see how hard it was for him to sit out of that match.

So, yeah. James is a pro. James has also had A LOT of injuries in the past 3 years, and, with the competitor he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he has or might push himself too far.

PS: Just read that he's ready to start as early as this week :)

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    For a guy that's a habitual starter for 90+ min, he played all of approx 150 minutes out of approx 390 minutes, so less than half, that's really what I meant. The guy was never at 100% (save for the Poland match where he looked like his old self). He's also a player that has played every single summer since 2014, that's got to be taxing in his body (and will likely play next summer's Copa America). This is why I'd rather him stay at club for the next couple friendlies and just regain his top fitness. The DT know who he is and what he brings. Let some other guys get more mileage at this point.

sidspaceman and Furnaccio repped this.
  13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wonder if james’ absence would adversely affect the NT from an economic perspective.

Meaning does the payout from a friendly in a neutral place like NYC/MIA change when players don’t / can’t show? Aside from ticket sales etc.

Who knows which version of Argentina we’ll face but I’m sure ticket sales for MetLife stadium will be strong regardless of who is showing up.

14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm sure some of it is pre-contractual but this has been a summer with a lot of soccer. Even the recent club friendlies that went thru here just ended last week. One of my offices is right across from MetLife and I see the digital James vs Messi signage but I don't see these 2 stars coming. Just like they fooled so many during the recent club friendlies with their promotions. Reading Ole (Arg) earlier it sounds like Argentina will call up several WC Euro based players that got little to no play time (Dybala, LoCelso, etc) and sprinkle in a lot of new blood. Considering the call up will be with their interim DT, there's just no real justification for a Messi to come all the way to states to satisfy a couple more bucks in your pocket and an interim coach.

Argentina play Guatemala in their 1st leg of friendlies in LA and then travel all the way to NJ to play Colombia a few days later.... promoters are just trying to cash in every where they can but ultimately it's their gamble. This Argentina-Colombia, while very attractive on paper, is played midweek and with school barely starting I dont know how many parents will be pulling their kids from school the following day. I expect maybe 20-30k, which is sparse for an 80k stadium.

15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fine by me. Hopefully I can move down to a better seat!

kromekote repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn’t pay $500 for 3 tickets if James isn’t there against Argentina.

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I'm fine with leaving him at home, but to be fair he had about 2 years recently at Madrid where he barely played under Zidane. His mileage shouldn't be that bad, especially considering he was also injured for a lot of last season at Bayern with calf problems. I think mainly its been the calves giving him issues, the latest just seems like a knock.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    messi int going neither

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Messi can eat 15 bags of baby dicks. I don’t care about that cave troll.

I am just not paying 150+ for a ticket to see a team of guys who will never get called up or if Carlos sanchez or Abel somehow make the team again.

Last time I saw a colombia game in NYC they threw a beer bottle at falcaos head. Can’t imagine what they will throw at Sanchez if he goes.

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was that the Ecuador friendly where “objects” were thrown at players?

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Homeboy needs to start hitting the weight room and do more jump rope to improve those calf muscles ;)

That eat more bananas for potassium!

villus repped this.
  22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was Ecuador or Venezuela. Think it was from close range Falcao went up to fans like wtf. He is class act. Most guys would have opened 15 types of whoops ass on them

23. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Eric Cantona would have gone Bruce Lee on their @$$

dapip and crzdcolombian repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like I didn’t see those dudes get arrested or kicked out of the stadium but it happened as people were leaving

Also saw some dude beat up a chick that same game. He got arrested tho

People were getting too shit faced.

Do they still have the people making selling empanadas and stuff? Felt like last game I went to they really started cracking down on that in NY

25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Beat up a girl? That’s insane.

Last time I went to red bull arena it was for the nacional-chivas friendly and the police were giving a hard time to the people who were selling the churros and empanadas outside the stadium bc they had no permit.