James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    You guys make it sound like he's saying I only like "carro locos'. He's stating what we see today in modern futbol which is the game is getting faster and faster and so you need to have both to excel. He's talking Utopia. Ribery is as fast as you get at his 35 years of age but he seldom changes his point of attack. Robbin is quite similar. And James doesnt have that speed but can offer that change of attack. So unless he's clearing out the whole team he has to find the best formula that fits the cards he's been given. Like it or not, THIS Bayern team reached semis of CL (playing RM to the limit), THIS Bayern team won the Bundas title and played the German Cup final. So he can tinker all he wants but there's no reason why he would want to come in and just throw it all upside down as he has NO replacements to take those spots. Bayern is not a club of "shocking transfers".

2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James put in work at Bayern. Were those kovac quotes directly related to his views on Rodriguez?

3. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Nothing to do with James. Those are older quotes from him. Don't know when exactly.

Doogs repped this.
  4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh! Then doesn't worry me. James may not be Usain Bolt, but he is mentally fast and plays faster than he runs.

Anthony Lim and kromekote repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Bayern has some serious aging MF issues its going to have to solve this summer. But getting rid of a PROVEN Bundasliga 26 yr old AMF is probably not one of them. Robben, Ribbery, Vidal, Lewy just to name a few have been a big part of their success but they need to do some major renovation for the next years.

dapip and Doogs repped this.
  6. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    #7381 Anthony Lim, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    i have negative vibes about kovac.. i hope i'm wrong coz if not another season in james' career will go down the drain, we don't want that.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not going to worry about words.

I am just going to see how he trains with the team and how he is utilized early on in the preseason and season.

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    it's really amazing to see how unstable these last years have been for James with all these revolving doors. I mean it's been manager to manager and/or club move. It must be why he loves the NT as well as it's some point of stable footing.

Froboy69 repped this.
  9. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    1015759444490182656 is not a valid tweet id

Seems like this guy is always wrong when he gives a timetable. But hopefully it is just a 2 or 3 week thing since Kovac has said that the players that played at the world cup will not travel for the US tour and would rejoin the team on July 25. James would not miss much time, if any.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The marketing team for the friendlies in the USA are going bananas though. He has been in some of the International Champions cup advertisements.:p

11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jesus James would have STILL been out for the rest of the world cup had we advanced past England.

God that's irritating that our chances for the World Cup was that weak...I hope he learns to take it easy when training from now on....he knows what it did to the team and knows that he needs to treat his body right.

******** injuries man, it's just frustrating that we never get to use our full potential because of it always getting in our way.

12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We're not good enough to have him; had he been born in a more successful nation, he would get all the trophies that he deserves and not be held back by us...

:(

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We could have made it to the final without him

Sweden was Weak and Croatia hasn’t played anyone good(neither has England other then a ultra defensive Colombia)

We aren’t at the semis because of 3 DMs and Pekerman not because of no James. A coach with balls who started Uribe would be at the semis right now. That’s why I stopped watching the WC

Remember in 2010 thinking man if Colombia was in this we could have won...... 2018 is just way way to painful to watch. All the big teams are out and the best 2 teams left we beat in the past and Croatia got spanked 3-0 by Peru :(

14. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As I said in another post I think Sweden would have beaten us by playing defense the whole game and getting one good counter or set piece. (sorta like how Paraguay beat us.)

Then that would have made people around here even more angry.

16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Considering how poor and foolish our players were against England I see where its believable.

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Since we're playing the what if game, IIRC our odds (per 538) were slightly under against England and Hvratska, and slightly over against either Sweden or Switzerland.

With that said, I can envision Pekerman devising a masterfully game plan against Sweden, or playing a crap-in-my-pants 4-3-2-1 like he did against England.

BlueDamian and pibe10 repped this.
  18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree with crzd. Besides Croatia, no one looked better than us and even without James we could do it. If we judge according to the talents of the squad, we are among the favourites in the bracket. But then came Pekerman with his ultra defensive strategy...[emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Without james agisnt british not so sure......

Yeah we have better players than england like james, cuadrado, arias, barrios, quintero, falcao...

But who ere the alternatives that day to be more offensives?

Izquierdo.......a guy of the epl that isnt better than ali, lingaard, maybe same level(disagrre) but not a player...

Muriel, is a good alternative.......but he isnt an elite player to ensuire a better result.....ask sevilla...

Uribe instead of lerma......yeah it would be better but i think that the plan ruined after the false penalty of roca....uribe since the begginign with strong players wasnt so good against senegal...

We have to know who are our elite players......because some our players knows to attack that doesnt mean they are the best choice for some matches:

Agree sweden would be easy and croatia a nice match....

We were ********,ed with the james issue.....i dont imagine croatia in the final without modric hjonestly.......despite they have brozovic, rakitic, persici....they are just not at the same level.

The miss of our better player will affect accepted you or not...

kromekote repped this.
  20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course that with we would be more favorites to win, but with the llayers we have vs. Such weak team as England we should've done better. I would like to see Uribe or Muriel when Quintero in the middle and with attacking mentality and I can promise you that we wouldn't lose in pk. Face it, England sucks. They are fu**ing suck cheaters. This was an opportunity that wont return.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

England found a base like germany did and spain did with totenham...that helped them a lot.

Ali and kane are really goood players

yeah for me they arent so good and they are there because of luck.

but at the same time our chances in every match without our best olayers decrease a lot.

isnt a secret.

isnt a shame to face and accept hat we didnt face without our better player the most importan match.....

france never missed griezmann or mbappr, croatia never missed modric, belgiun never missed hazard lukaku

urguay just lost in one match his man morr in shape in the world cup and they played their worsr match without cavani.

dont forget that players also play...

ok and that its me ...i dont believe in super heroes and in that way i dont believe in scape goats

dapip and HomietheClown repped this.
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not surprised at all. Especially with Zidane out of there.

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lopetegui is not exactly a fan of Colombian playmakers...

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    You're right we should have just forfeited the game because we were missing our best player.

You do what you have to with what you got, sitting deep and offering 3 players that won't advance out of a defensive line against a team that had shown no ability to create chances from open play is a mistake.

You keep listing players, players are part of a team, Dele Ali has been completely anonymous the whole tournament bar one open header goal at the far post. Kane has scored the most goals but hasn't done much other then scoring penalties, the three open play goals he scored one was a deflection off his heel and the other two were headers that fell to him on a deflection wide open at the far post. This team was all hype without any substance, simply looking at what players make up a team doesn't necessarily = the team. We didn't press on England's weaknesses enough and that is a mistake, we weren't brave enough when we could have been and caused them troubles period.