James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He partcipated in the 3 goals

dapip, J-Mezzy and sidspaceman repped this.
  2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is pure gold

dapip, J-Mezzy and sidspaceman repped this.
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is fine so long as he keeps this confidence level consist. No hesitation and him beasting and feasting is the result.

4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    James is playing in the perfect situation for him right now, he's linking play and bringing others into play around him. He's become the reference point for their whole game and playing like a real 10, this is when James excels when he's trusted and when he gets lots of the ball with good players around him. Bayern are reaping the rewards, James isn't a selfish player when he gets the ball and is relied on he always brings everyone else into the play.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Heynckes knows a lot of languages right? I forgot he managed R.Madrid at one point I think

7. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He is not playing the 10. Yesterday he was playing the left 8 - Saturday it was the right 8. Heynckes got him to put in a defensive shift, too. He is doing Thiago's job right now.

Heynckes was four years coach for Bilbao, 2 years Teneriffa and 1 year at Real Madrid, where he won them the first Champions League title since the 60s but got fired afterwards as they did not win the league.

8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    didn't know he'd been in Spain that long. Was just wondering how he communicates with James since I know James doesn't know any German yet. Makes sense now.

Sometimes I wish I were older, i've missed so many cool things that have happened.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well honestly, Heynckes in Bilbao and in Tenerife dont think so it was a very exited event :ROFLMAO:

elviejomen and Doogs repped this.
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...e-2017-2018-Bayern-Munich-Paris-Saint-Germain

You can see his heat map and positioning here. He's playing like a 10 in that he's being given the freedom to pick up and play around the ball and bring others in. He's always been able to operate wide and central and likes to start wide and get into pockets in the middle. Thiago plays deeper and positionally is more disciplined but yeah they both like to be a link up play and get around the ball. Defensively he is working hard, I think in the modern game even the 10 has to play defense and help out in midfield, but offensively he's playing that traditional play maker roll right now which with added defensive presence is great for Colombia and Bayern.

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    You can see James has something to prove to Zidane. However, even if he finished out the season on a high, goes and has a stellar WC, I think RM still pushes him out, getting back a big chunk of their money to the highest bidder.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That would be fine by me.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope ! Bayern has 1.5 years to give Real 30 million and he is there’s. No way Bayern doesn’t pull that trigger before the WC as he was the gold boot winner last time and doing very well for them currently.

Only way James leaves is because he wants to get back with his Ex who doesn’t want to live in Germany. Even then what team can afford his wages? Don’t think he will like England. Only team in Spain is Barca and in France is PSG. Doesn’t have many other places to go

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    ******** Real Bayern would be really dumb to not activate the 30m clause. That's a complete steal in today's market, even if they don't see him in their long term plans I'd imagine they trigger the clause and sell him for a profit. He shouldn't go back to either of his ex's, eyes forward and leave it in the past he'll be stronger for moving on and making his way, he's an anti-fragile type, the more stress and difficulty he experiences the better he will get. Leaving his dream team Real and his child hood sweatheart sucks I'm sure, but it'll make him stronger.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want him to join Barca

16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah it'd be great if he joined Barca but I don't see him fitting their needs. They're better off with a Thiago then a James, deeper lying mids and attackers they need more of a dribbler and penetrator to start wide and penetrate into the box. He's not ideal for the midfield 3 or the front 3 and Messi is the one who's going to be on the ball most of the time, not ideal for James, he's doing great at Bayern think long term its a great spot for him.

17. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want him to join
    "Let him have some freaking consistency for once in a big club and not moving around from club to club" FC

ryu79 and Furnaccio repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I always dreamed of seeing him at Barcelona, probably will never happen. Regardless, no chance he'll go back to Madrid. Only reason it was a loan to Bayern is so that they didn't have to pay that huge fee all at once. Just a technicality

19. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I rather he stay in Bayern when they have a packed squad that he's a starter in. He can enjoy success for years to come if he stays. And unlike PSG, he'll actually have credit to his side with a team that can beat other european giants consistently.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Barca to replace Inestia would be awesome and also when he murders Real during the derby would be funny to watch but yea Staying at Bayern would be great. He is at one of the top 3 clubs in the world

21. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The last one that moved from Real Madrid to Bayern was Robben. He thought that was a step down then - Bayern was not where they were the recent years - but he now often told that this was the best decision of his life. The international players that come to Bayern that have success usually stay. There is some that were vagabunds before that stayed at Bayern until the end of their careers.

Munich has advantages for a player like James. Where could he before walk through the city, visit the Xmas market etc. - now the people will recognise who he is but apart from one or two autographes will leave him alone. That is for sure something he could not do the recent years in Columbia or Madrid.

[​IMG]

And the weather - you get used to it.

I think with Müller he has the ideal partner - especially if they play it like at Schalke or last week against Hannover. It does not really matter who plays on the wing or behind the striker like this. In combination with Thiago it is probably better to have Müller playing the right 8/10/hanging striker - in combination with Vidal you need somebody to help with the build up so James is probably better centrally. Kimmich as fullback completes that very well as he often stands pretty high so both can move centrally and with Martinez on the 6 and Boateng as defender behind that gets secured pretty well defensively, too.

elviejomen, pepinointer, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree

upload_2017-12-8_17-36-28.png

23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Marius Wolf got a red for tackling James but they looked at replays and decided to give him a yellow instead.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member